ImageImageImageImageImage

looks like tyreke is raptors' man

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,265

looks like tyreke is raptors' man 

Post#1 » by djsunyc » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:54 pm

from theknicksblog.com:

We’ve learned that the Knicks have Holiday and Curry ahead of Evans, because they feel that they are more suited at the point guard position, but the Memphis product will work out for the Knicks as well as the Kings, Wizards and Raptors with Toronto keeping their fingers crossed that he falls to 9. No chance he gets past the Raptors, who have all but guaranteed Evans’ camp.

But our sources confirm the Knicks have been doing some serious homework on Evans and like what they are hearing and he should be the pick if both Holiday and Curry are off the board.

again, please do not believe anything you read or hear until the draft actually happens...
Scott Carefoot
Analyst
And1: 10

Re: looks like tyreke is raptors' man 

Post#2 » by Scott Carefoot » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:56 pm

I'll be shocked if Evans is available at 9. He's, at worst, the second-best SG prospect in the draft. Harden will go Top 5 and then one of the next 3 teams will take Evans.
Marvin!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 806

Post#3 » by Marvin! » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:58 pm

no surprise really. they have maintained all along that there are a few players that they like at 9, and expect 1 of them to be available - Tyreke would definitely appear to be one of them, Derozan another. A recent article talked about them narrowing their 'list' to 4, to ensure that they don't have to scramble if their main targets are all gone.

the most interesting speculation is who are the other 2... probably Holliday is one
ayo_23
Veteran
And1: 164

Post#4 » by ayo_23 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:58 pm

:pray:
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,538

Post#5 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:00 pm

Very little chance Evans makes it past Minny or GS IMO
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#6 » by Komodo » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:01 pm

Could you imagine? :o
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#7 » by timdunkit » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:02 pm

Dr Mufasa wrote:Very little chance Evans makes it past Minny or GS IMO

Minny is got Foye and Brewer .... GSW has Monta/SJax/Maggete/Buike/Morrow/Crawford at the SG spot ... I see both of these teams more interested in a PG then a SG ....
RomaniaLuvTR
Head Coach
And1: 1,029

Post#8 » by RomaniaLuvTR » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:03 pm

to nice to be true...
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,670

Post#9 » by C_Money » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:05 pm

Is there any way we can move up a few spots? Maybe somebody wants Roko and our pick for their pick.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,400

Post#10 » by Mikistan » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:06 pm

Is it just me or does Tyreke Evans hardly ever finish left...
Ive seen like 1 left handed layup in 3 youtube compilations...
Marvin!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Marvin! » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:07 pm

timdunkit wrote:

Minny is got Foye and Brewer .... GSW has Monta/SJax/Maggete/Buike/Morrow/Crawford at the SG spot ... I see both of these teams more interested in a PG then a SG ....

monta & tyreke would be a pretty interesting backcourt combo. Spaggete is a 3 and they are trying to squeeze Crawford out by the sounds of it.
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#12 » by Komodo » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm looking at you, Washington...
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#13 » by pspot » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:08 pm

He'll go to Wsh before HIll IMO

I'm sure Harden would be the Raps guy to but he just won't be there when they pick
Evans is like 10 or 15% chance, DD 75% chance
nm
timdunkit
RealGM

Post#14 » by timdunkit » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:08 pm

C_Money wrote:Is there any way we can move up a few spots? Maybe somebody wants Roko and our pick for their pick.

I don't think we have to move up to grab someone our FO likes. A report recently said that they have narrowed there choices down to 4 players at the 9th. We alreayd know Griffen/Rubio/Thabeet will go 1-2-3. The kings are looking for a PG. I think the aim is to get one of Harden/Evans/DD. That means we have a 60% chance of getting one of them (since there are 5 spots left) and 80% chance of getting someone the FO wanted.
RapsFanTO
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#15 » by RapsFanTO » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:10 pm

Raps getting Evans this offseason would be a dream come true.. i've loved Tyreke's game for years now..
props to Turbo_Zone
timdunkit
RealGM

Post#16 » by timdunkit » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:11 pm

Marvin! wrote:
timdunkit wrote:

monta & tyreke would be a pretty interesting backcourt combo. Spaggete is a 3 and they are trying to squeeze Crawford out by the sounds of it.

I still don't see it happening unless there FO are taking hte BPA approach! They have enough SG's and really need a more pure type PG (maybe Holiday or Jennings). GSW really needs to sort out there mess on the wings ....
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#17 » by pspot » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:11 pm

timdunkit wrote:
C_Money wrote:Is there any way we can move up a few spots? Maybe somebody wants Roko and our pick for their pick.

I don't think we have to move up to grab someone our FO likes. A report recently said that they have narrowed there choices down to 4 players at the 9th. We alreayd know Griffen/Rubio/Thabeet will go 1-2-3. The kings are looking for a PG. I think the aim is to get one of Harden/Evans/DD. That means we have a 60% chance of getting one of them (since there are 5 spots left) and 80% chance of getting someone the FO wanted.

I suggested #9, Ukic and Douby for #5 and Stevenson a while back and WSH fans were pretty open to it. Gives a shot at Harden but probably gets you EVans which is worth it IMO
nm
AfricanSensation
Head Coach
And1: 294

Post#18 » by AfricanSensation » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:11 pm

I hope his agent pushes for him to be a Raps. Yes he would lose some cash being a lower pick but they got to think long term. Does he really want to go compete with the like of Mayo, Martin, Ellis, Foye or Arenas? Or do they want him to be like Mayo or Gordon last year, in a situation where he is the clear SG of the present and future and where he could even be the go-to-guy down the stretch. Look at Rudy buried behind Roy.

In TO he is a perfect fit, he would start and be mentored by AP and Alvin on a daily basis, if he delivers on the floor, he can get and entire country behind him and could be part nice of a 1-2 combo with Bosh. Plus the team is much close to compete for the playoffs than say Sacramento or Minny out west.

If its true like the article said that we gave him a guarantee, his agent should consider doing what many have done before; have him skip some workouts to make sure his client ends up in the right place.

Wishful thinking I know, but if I am BC I go all in, get Bosh to call Evans and his agent and let them know how highly we think of him etc. Don’t just sit there and hope he falls.
jrsmith
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#19 » by jrsmith » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:15 pm

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Marvin!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Marvin! » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:16 pm

timdunkit wrote:I still don't see it happening unless there FO are taking hte BPA approach! They have enough SG's and really need a more pure type PG (maybe Holiday or Jennings). GSW really needs to sort out there mess on the wings ....

but the question is, is Tyreke a PG or a SG. He didn't play particularly well at the start of the year at SG. The Tigers didn't get rolling until they put the ball in his hands. So I really see him as a Combo guard. If you pair him with Monta you've got 2 guys on the floor that can handle and create, and with GSW pushing the ball so much at the expense of set offensive plays, you can probably get away without having a 'traditional' PG initiating the offense.

Return to Toronto Raptors