ImageImageImageImageImage

looks like tyreke is raptors' man

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

_MidNight_
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Re: looks like tyreke is raptors' man 

Post#21 » by _MidNight_ » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:16 pm

This would be a dream come true in my book, add another mid first and grab William/Clark and I'll be streaking across the downtown area.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#22 » by YogiStewart » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:16 pm

how many "____________ is The Raptors' man" posts will we see? :)
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#23 » by pspot » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:18 pm

Marvin! wrote:
timdunkit wrote:I still don't see it happening unless there FO are taking hte BPA approach! They have enough SG's and really need a more pure type PG (maybe Holiday or Jennings). GSW really needs to sort out there mess on the wings ....

but the question is, is Tyreke a PG or a SG. He didn't play particularly well at the start of the year at SG. The Tigers didn't get rolling until they put the ball in his hands. So I really see him as a Combo guard. If you pair him with Monta you've got 2 guys on the floor that can handle and create, and with GSW pushing the ball so much at the expense of set offensive plays, you can probably get away without having a 'traditional' PG initiating the offense.

I kind of see that as a positive for his first year. Can play him at the point for the 2nd unit, but also give him some mins at the SG. So overall he gets more total mins to develop his game and if he has the freedom to play then the Raps can see where he would be a better fit. IMO he'd start as a PG but transition into the starting SG
nm
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#24 » by 5DOM » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:19 pm

jrsmith wrote::pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Marvin!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 806

Post#25 » by Marvin! » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:19 pm

Mid_Night wrote:This would be a dream come true in my book, add another mid first and grab William/Clark and I'll be streaking across the downtown area.

if Earl starts sliding, I really hope they make a move to pick him up later in the first... I do like Terrence as well so if he's the consolation prize that's ok too.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 586

Post#26 » by timdunkit » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:20 pm

Marvin! wrote:
timdunkit wrote:I still don't see it happening unless there FO are taking hte BPA approach! They have enough SG's and really need a more pure type PG (maybe Holiday or Jennings). GSW really needs to sort out there mess on the wings ....

but the question is, is Tyreke a PG or a SG. He didn't play particularly well at the start of the year at SG. The Tigers didn't get rolling until they put the ball in his hands. So I really see him as a Combo guard. If you pair him with Monta you've got 2 guys on the floor that can handle and create, and with GSW pushing the ball so much at the expense of set offensive plays, you can probably get away without having a 'traditional' PG initiating the offense.

Well I guess knowing Don Nelson , he could probably make it work ... I wonder what GSW is looking to draft! What about Minny ? Would they still draft Evens knowing they have Foye and Brewer?
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#27 » by TheDunc » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:21 pm

The thing that interests me the most is Evans. Because on defense he could be our 2 guard but on offense why not have him share the 1 with calderon. Evans likes to penetrate and calderons a great shooter. IF evans can get open looks for calderon and at the same time get his own then that would a great scenario. I can see him averaging 15/5 in his first year with us. While Calderon averages 15/8
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,102

Post#28 » by Zeno » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:22 pm

There is always the Beno,Nocioni and 4/Banks, Kapono and 9 trade possibilty but I'm not sure it's worth trading for that much salary. I also wonder who that Raptors would choose at 4 if they had it, Harden or Evans.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#29 » by J Dilla » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:23 pm

I'm ready to handle the disappointment of Evans not being available at 9. I would run naked on Dundas Square if the Raptors draft him lol.
CarterDUnk16
Bench Warmer
And1: 125

Post#30 » by CarterDUnk16 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:25 pm

I want Evans on this team so bad but it looks like Minnesota are starting to like this kid. They really need a Pg on their team. Hopefully they will warm up to jennings.
AfricanSensation
Head Coach
And1: 294

Post#31 » by AfricanSensation » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:26 pm

Tyreke did not struggle early because he had to play SG, he did because he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. So even if you call him the PG in GS next to Ellis or Minny next to Foye, it will not work, because those guys needs the ball too, Foye controls the offence in Minny.

TO is the only place with noone who can create of the dribble for himself or others. Those needs need tall PGs in the JKidd mold,not another guy who will dominate the ball, as for us we could use one, every good team has at least one guard who can create.
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#32 » by pspot » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:27 pm

CarterDUnk16 wrote:I want Evans on this team so bad but it looks like Minnesota are starting to like this kid. They really need a Pg on their team. Hopefully they will warm up to jennings.

Well hopefully they don't see him as a natural pg which IMO he isnt........this is where Holiday or Flynn could come in. Pick swap with the Wolves?
nm
kdizzle
Senior
And1: 33

Post#33 » by kdizzle » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:31 pm

I would love for this to happen,,,,,,but Tyreke will not drop to us.

My prediction of who will be available at our pic: Jennings, Derozan, Holiday
_MidNight_
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#34 » by _MidNight_ » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:35 pm

Zeno wrote:There is always the Beno,Nocioni and 4/Banks, Kapono and 9 trade possibilty but I'm not sure it's worth trading for that much salary. I also wonder who that Raptors would choose at 4 if they had it, Harden or Evans.

I don't think Sactown would take on the much dead weight salary AND move down 5 spots, no matter how bad of a deal Beno has.
I.D.
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#35 » by I.D. » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:38 pm

AfricanSensation wrote:Tyreke did not struggle early because he had to play SG, he did because he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. So even if you call him the PG in GS next to Ellis or Minny next to Foye, it will not work, because those guys needs the ball too, Foye controls the offence in Minny.

TO is the only place with noone who can create of the dribble for himself or others. Those needs need tall PGs in the JKidd mold,not another guy who will dominate the ball, as for us we could use one, every good team has at least one guard who can create.

Agree with this. He's a ball dominant guard. But one who can slash and break down a defense. Very much like Foye but, he measures out much better and that gives me more hope for him. I'd like Tyreke, I also think he makes Jose very expendable if we get him. A point guard in the Derek Fisher mold would be ideal besire Tyreke, preferably one with good size. Just defend well, hit your shots, rebounding and steals would be a huge plus. Jose can hit his shots but that is about it. I'm not at all opposed to trading Jose so, it would be a double bonus.

Unfortunately I don't think Tyreke slips to us and even if he did BC would never trade Jose without trying the two together first, and probably wouldn't still even if they didn't work together. Sigh.

Title for this thread cracked me up btw, I think a media blackout is in order for me until June 20th or so.
“In the world through which I travel, I am endlessly creating myself.”
Frantz Fanon
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,801

Post#36 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:42 pm

timdunkit wrote:
Dr Mufasa wrote:Very little chance Evans makes it past Minny or GS IMO

Minny is got Foye and Brewer .... GSW has Monta/SJax/Maggete/Buike/Morrow/Crawford at the SG spot ... I see both of these teams more interested in a PG then a SG ....

That's what I keep telling myself too. :P
Trilogy
RealGM
And1: 3,584

Post#37 » by Trilogy » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:43 pm

I'll be surprised if Evans is still there at 9, but he's the semi-realistic guy I'm hoping for.
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#38 » by supersub15 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:45 pm

So, we know that they like DeRozan and Evans. They have 2 more on their board, and I bet the other 2 are both PG/SG. Curry and Holliday?
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,168

Post#39 » by The Duke » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:45 pm

DeRozan, Evans, Holiday + 1
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,738

Post#40 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:45 pm

supersub15 wrote:So, we know that they like DeRozan and Evans. They have 2 more on their board, and I bet the other 2 are both PG/SG. Curry and Holliday?

Makes sense.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.

Return to Toronto Raptors