ImageImageImageImageImage

looks like tyreke is raptors' man

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

rapsrealm
Assistant Coach
And1: 424

Re: looks like tyreke is raptors' man 

Post#41 » by rapsrealm » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:46 pm

If the players on the Raptors shortlist are (according to published reports):

Derozen
Evans
Holiday

Who is the 4th player? Blair?

Also what order do you guys think the Raps have them in?

I think it would be:

Evans
Holiday
Derozen
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,764

Post#42 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:47 pm

rapsrealm wrote:If the players on the Raptors shortlist are (according to published reports):

Derozen
Evans
Holiday

I think it would be:

Evans
Holiday
Derozen

I'd say Curry.

Evans
Curry
Derozan
Holiday
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#43 » by Undefeated » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:49 pm

IIRC, Don Nelson said something about wanting a PG who can defend, rebound and shoot in which the description fits Holiday better than Evans. IDK, but Evans could fit in GSW seeing as they did have both Davis and Ellis who are score first PGs who both needed the ball in their hands to be effective and the result did work out quite well for them…
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#44 » by [SJJ] » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:50 pm

I'd love for us to nab him but i dont think theres a way we can get him... sad...

Derozan / Holiday / Curry would be my next fav picks after him though...
_MidNight_
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#45 » by _MidNight_ » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:50 pm

The Duke wrote:DeRozan, Evans, Holiday + 1

I agree, those guys should be the 3 out of 4 BC likes. Maybe Henderson as that fourth guy?
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,722

Post#46 » by C_Money » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:51 pm

What about Brandon Jennings? Or has he dropped?
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,406

Post#47 » by TOStateofMind » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:52 pm

I would cry of joy if that happened.

Unfortunately I see him gone by the time 9 comes.
Trilogy
RealGM
And1: 3,584

Post#48 » by Trilogy » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:52 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
rapsrealm wrote:If the players on the Raptors shortlist are (according to published reports):

Derozen
Evans
Holiday

I think it would be:

Evans
Holiday
Derozen

I'd say Curry.

Well, Grange's report mentioned that they we're confident that 1 will be there for sure at 9. Those 4 guys all could very well go before that.

Although, maybe they believe that while any of those 4 could go before 9, all 4 of them going before 9 is highly unlikely.

There's 8 picks and we're pretty certain, Griffen, Rubio, Harden, Thabeet all go somewhere in the top 8. So, the chance all 4 guys taking the other 4 spots is unlikely.

I think it's probably Curry too, because I see BC liking a guy like him.
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#49 » by SpaceJam » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:52 pm

Evans will go anywhere from 4 to 7.
_________
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 22,004

Post#50 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Jun 4, 2009 8:02 pm

Trilogy wrote:
Well, Grange's report mentioned that they we're confident that 1 will be there for sure at 9. Those 4 guys all could very well go before that.

Although, maybe they believe that while any of those 4 could go before 9, all 4 of them going before 9 is highly unlikely.

There's 8 picks and we're pretty certain, Griffen, Rubio, Harden, Thabeet all go somewhere in the top 8. So, the chance all 4 guys taking the other 4 spots is unlikely.

I think it's probably Curry too, because I see BC liking a guy like him.

I read this somewhere yesterday:

Daye said he's heard he'll fall between 9-17.

I'm preparing myself for the worst.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,544

Post#51 » by bballsparkin » Thu Jun 4, 2009 8:03 pm

YogiStewart wrote:how many "____________ is The Raptors' man" posts will we see? :)

After reading the post before yours, I thought you were going to post: how many "posters plan on streaking in the downtown core if the Raps get their pick". Judging from what I've read on here, might be a lot of naked people running around downtown draft night if the Raps luck out.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 9,022

Post#52 » by MEDIC » Thu Jun 4, 2009 8:05 pm

supersub15 wrote:So, we know that they like DeRozan and Evans. They have 2 more on their board, and I bet the other 2 are both PG/SG. Curry and Holliday?

These rumours get created from practically anything.

On Raptors.com there are 4 "scouting reports" (T-Will, Blair, Evans & Derozan). A media guy could have looked at this & used it to start a rumour that they've narrowed it to 4.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/2009_draft.html

I have a feeling that BC really likes T-Will. He (& JT) keep talking about toughness, toughness, toughness. T-Will fits the mold perfectly. Tough, athletic player, who can rebound, pass, & who doesn't take shots away from AB & CB.

I'd love to have him, but I hope that BC finds another way to get him rather than using the 9th pick.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Undefeated » Thu Jun 4, 2009 8:05 pm

Instead of hoping we land Tyreke, why won't BC consider trading up to #5 or #6? It gives us a better chance of not only drafting Tyreke, but Harden as well.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Gruel
Senior
And1: 0

Post#54 » by Gruel » Thu Jun 4, 2009 8:06 pm

The thing that makes Tyreke such a dream selection for the Raptors is the fact that in the transition game, you can put the ball in his hands (like at Memphis) and let him create, therefore getting Jose wide open spot-up opportunities, where we all know he's best.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,347

Post#55 » by Shaazzam » Thu Jun 4, 2009 8:07 pm

Undefeated wrote:Instead of hoping we land Tyreke, why won't BC consider trading up to #5 or #6? It gives us a better chance of not only drafting Tyreke, but Harden as well.
It takes two to tango. Do we have the assets to move up?
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Post#56 » by _venom_ » Thu Jun 4, 2009 8:12 pm

The only way I see Evans possibly dropping to us if Derozan moves up, and Hill still goes top 5. If the Thunder were to take Derozan at 3 (unlikely), and Harden fell to 6 for the Twolves, then I could see Evans slipping past the Warriors and Knicks (Curry and Holiday) to us. I just don't see it though.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by Undefeated » Thu Jun 4, 2009 8:14 pm

Shaazzam wrote:
Undefeated wrote:Instead of hoping we land Tyreke, why won't BC consider trading up to #5 or #6? It gives us a better chance of not only drafting Tyreke, but Harden as well.

It takes two to tango. Do we have the assets to move up?

I don't know, although #6 is more realistic than #5. My proposal was like Calderon for Telfair + #6 (Harden or Evans). Like I said, I'm not sure whether it'll work or not for both sides, however there's a chance IMO because of Babcock being an assistant GM in Minny who was the man behind drafting Calderon... Calderon and Foye work much better, than two guys who need the ball in their hands to be effective (Evans and Foye)…
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,578

Post#58 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jun 4, 2009 8:16 pm

AfricanSensation wrote:Tyreke did not struggle early because he had to play SG, he did because he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. So even if you call him the PG in GS next to Ellis or Minny next to Foye, it will not work, because those guys needs the ball too, Foye controls the offence in Minny.

TO is the only place with noone who can create of the dribble for himself or others. Those needs need tall PGs in the JKidd mold,not another guy who will dominate the ball, as for us we could use one, every good team has at least one guard who can create.

Foye is an undersized SG who'd work best off the ball where he could get open and spot up a lot. His PG and shot-creating skills are rather lacking. Tyreke is pretty perfect fit beside him. Not to mention Foye isn't good enough for them not to take the best wing on the table, even if they didn't fit. Foye looks more like a 6th man type to me

On the Warriors it'd be a bit messy with Ellis, but as a big SG who can guard both guard positions he'd cover him fairly well defensively at least. I think Jrue is a better fit for them, but if they think Evans is the better player, I'm sure they'll take him. I see him going to the Wolves though unless Derozan has a resurgance over the next 3 weeks. Minny is basically the same team as us and I think it's been an unofficial certainty they're going to go after the best wing on the table
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,578

Post#59 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jun 4, 2009 8:18 pm

I'd be fine taking Evans btw. He's not my favorite prospect, but I definitely see him as a 15-18ppg scorer, even if he's dominating the ball and playing dumb. In this draft nobody's perfect so I'd be OK with taking him. Not estatic, but not angry like I would be if we took Derozan
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#60 » by Mack11 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 8:18 pm

Goddamnit...why did we have to go on that pointless winning streak

Return to Toronto Raptors