ImageImageImageImageImage

Gotta love Jalen

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Gotta love Jalen 

Post#1 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sun Jun 7, 2009 5:22 pm

From Doug Smiths blog

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

You gotta love Jalen.

The big ESPN breakfast yesterday – chatting with Mark Jackson, Hubie Brown, Dr. Jack and, supposedly, our old friend J – unfolds for about an hour and there’s no Rose.

So I’m wandering outside over to Starbucks, hugely disappointed that I didn’t get a chance to see Jalen spread his unique brand of early morning cheer, when this big old Range Rover-ish thing pulls up, the door opens and there’s he is, all his Jalen Glory, sunglasses on, cellphone at his ear, big smile. Seems he’d been at a doctor’s appointment – even had the band-aid in the crook of his elbow where they took some blood – but was stopping by for his breakfast.

After stopping to have a picture taken with some passersby, he sees a familiar face, big hug, handshake, a ‘how are you?’ and then he gets right to the heart of the matter.

“How are they going to fix that mess north of the border? Bringing back Delfino going to be their big move of the summer? What’s that?”

And then he’s off, up the stairs to hang out

I'm struggling with that too Jalen.
GamePoint
Starter
And1: 109

Re: Gotta love Jalen 

Post#2 » by GamePoint » Sun Jun 7, 2009 5:27 pm

Rule #5: Never insert a "dear in headlights" rookie to guard Jalen. He'll end up abused on the blocks.

So funny to watch.

On topic, Jalen speaks the truth.
ayo_23
Veteran
And1: 164

Post#3 » by ayo_23 » Sun Jun 7, 2009 5:31 pm

Captain Crunch to the rescue.
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#4 » by [SJJ] » Sun Jun 7, 2009 5:31 pm

I miss Jalen on this team... one of my fav raps ever.
wtfbosh
Veteran
And1: 444

Post#5 » by wtfbosh » Sun Jun 7, 2009 5:49 pm

LOL, Jalen is awesome.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#6 » by timdunkit » Sun Jun 7, 2009 5:49 pm

Im not sure but it looks like he definately has a vendetta against someone in the organization ....
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#7 » by COY0607 » Sun Jun 7, 2009 5:54 pm

as much as i like jalen, he dosent have great basketball insight
underdog33
Lead Assistant
And1: 355

Post#8 » by underdog33 » Sun Jun 7, 2009 6:05 pm

See even though bosh was the franchise when Jalen was on the team, who did the ball go to in crunch time???

Answer: Not Bosh, that's who. :)
O'neal and Moon 4 Life
Muhammad_Ali
Starter
And1: 607

Post#9 » by Muhammad_Ali » Sun Jun 7, 2009 6:10 pm

LOL Jalen is pure jokes.

He pwned old Dougy.
lemondrop
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#10 » by lemondrop » Sun Jun 7, 2009 6:25 pm

Its one of those quotes that are so true is fen hilarious. Honestly think about it, the raptors big moves planned for this year according to BC have been Delfino and Rasho ever since about the trade deadline. if all we do this offseason is add those two scrubs and they are scrubs then I don't see a point in even playing this year.

If thats it for us Jalen don't worry, atleast this cat won't be fooled, i'll stop watchin.
jaymeister15
RealGM
And1: 1,072

Post#11 » by jaymeister15 » Sun Jun 7, 2009 6:28 pm

timdunkit wrote:Im not sure but it looks like he definately has a vendetta against someone in the organization ....

What are you basing that on?

If you're just saying that because of this quote, I don't see it. The fact is it was a mess this past season, and the Delfino rumours appear to the biggest potential move going down right now.

Not sure how that quote suggests he has a vendetta against the organization.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,674

Post#12 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Jun 7, 2009 6:39 pm

Jalen said Bosh is gone this year via trade, on TV a few months ago. I would think that would be a slightly bigger deal than signing Delfino.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
youngLion
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#13 » by youngLion » Sun Jun 7, 2009 6:42 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:
I'm struggling with that too Jalen.

Make that three.
Spartan13
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#14 » by Spartan13 » Sun Jun 7, 2009 6:46 pm

Jalen is jokes. But hes been hating on Toronto since VC got traded, i take Charles Barkley's opinion more seriously than i do Rose's.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#15 » by timdunkit » Sun Jun 7, 2009 6:49 pm

jaymeister15 wrote:
timdunkit wrote:Im not sure but it looks like he definately has a vendetta against someone in the organization ....

What are you basing that on?

If you're just saying that because of this quote, I don't see it. The fact is it was a mess this past season, and the Delfino rumours appear to the biggest potential move going down right now.

Not sure how that quote suggests he has a vendetta against the organization.

its just my own speculation but he doesn't seem to offer much positives on Tor when he speaks about it ...
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#16 » by Anatomize » Sun Jun 7, 2009 7:46 pm

It's too early to tell anything, BC also traded for JO, then traded JO for Marion.. draft day comes and we suddenly have more than what we speculate here..

BC swings big deals, there is no reason why our team wont look completely different come next season

right now it's easy to say "only Delfino?" but in reality, we're not even into the official offseason yet, the NBA finals haven't even ended.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,691

Post#17 » by C_Money » Sun Jun 7, 2009 7:46 pm

Jalen Rose always had the funniest interviews. I thought he was awesome.
sl64
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#18 » by sl64 » Sun Jun 7, 2009 7:53 pm

Anatomize wrote:It's too early to tell anything, BC also traded for JO, then traded JO for Marion.. draft day comes and we suddenly have more than what we speculate here..

BC swings big deals, there is no reason why our team wont look completely different come next season

right now it's easy to say "only Delfino?" but in reality, we're not even into the official offseason yet, the NBA finals haven't even ended.

Well it certainly looks like BC is bracing everyone for an offseason of inactivity. I disagree with this idea of BC as a big risk taker... I see him as a fundamentally complacent GM who wants to seem like a risk taker without actually being one. He's been here three years and yet the two best players on the team are still Babcock guys... that screams complacency.
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,691

Post#19 » by C_Money » Sun Jun 7, 2009 7:56 pm

sl64 wrote:
Anatomize wrote:It's too early to tell anything, BC also traded for JO, then traded JO for Marion.. draft day comes and we suddenly have more than what we speculate here..

Well it certainly looks like BC is bracing everyone for an offseason of inactivity. I disagree with this idea of BC as a big risk taker... I see him as a fundamentally complacent GM who wants to seem like a risk taker without actually being one. He's been here three years and yet the two best players on the team are still Babcock guys... that screams complacency.

I agree. People say the JO trade was a risk but he HAD to trade one of TJ or Jose at the time. It was more of a stupid decision than a risk.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#20 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Sun Jun 7, 2009 8:06 pm

lol Jalen

Return to Toronto Raptors