ImageImageImageImageImage

(Inside News Confirmed) Good Morning Toronto, Canada

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Sprite Zoner
Junior
And1: 0

(Inside News Confirmed) Good Morning Toronto, Canada 

Post#1 » by Sprite Zoner » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:34 am

Before I begin my post and first in depth look at what I've been hinting, I want to state one thing. One very important thing!

The information below is from what I believe to be a credible source whom knows an employee taking part in the Raptors Draft Process. I will not guarantee any result. What I will say is, I believe this information is truthful and I have never been given bogus information from this particular source before. Again, to conclude my point, things might change from now until June 25th. Take it for what it's worth. I do not want to be held responsible for purposely posting bogus information, otherwise I would not post it at all.

#1 - The likelihood of the Raptors keeping their draft selection at # 9 is very likely. (not trade down or out of draft). I do not currently have information about them moving up.

#2 - The likelihood of purchasing or trading for another draft pick is also likely, but solely depends on who is drafted and at what spot on draft night. If a player is at a location available where the Raptors beleive they can obtain the pick to select him, it is reason to beleive they will strongly pursue that opportunity.

To the good stuff...

#3 - The Raptors are very high on USC swingman Demar Derozan. The inside word is that he is a solid kid who has the support of his parents. His mother is suffering from Lupus and he decided to declare for the draft this year to make sure she receives proper treatment. He is a "raw" talent, but not as raw as many people believe him to be. Demar Derozan has outstanding potential and the characteristics to become one heck of a player in this league. The Raptors have to make sure that they give him the right opportunity, mentorship and belief for him to excel. The Raptors believe that Demar Derozan would be a very good fit in their up-tempo system.

#4 - It is strong reason to believe that if Demar Derozan is available with the 9th selection, he will be taken by Bryan Colangelo and staff. They are hoping that he will still be there when they select at 9 and are pretty much crossing their fingers. To my belief, BC is doing what he can to find out what the teams above him are thinking so he can solidify his options.

#5 - This has to do with the New York Knicks. The sad part is, this is the part I can't reveal. It is not a trade (with Toronto), signing, anything of that sorts. If I reveal this, it can harm the draft process. I will not answer any questions about this, but I will reveal the specifics right after our selection. Just hope it's the positive side of things 8-)

#6 - Plan B would consist of Flynn, Holiday, Henderson and/or Hill (if he falls).

To conclude, this might be information you think you already know, but it's not. It is reason to believe Derozan IS our main man, hopefully everything goes right. If otherwise, I will post why. :)
boshjonesford
Banned User
And1: 6

Re: (Inside News Confirmed) Good Morning Toronto, Canada 

Post#2 » by boshjonesford » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:42 am

honestly only number 5 is a bit of a shock, even though i don't understand it.

what can harm the draft process but isn't a signing, trade or anything of that sort?
Darkseid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,392

Post#3 » by Darkseid » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:48 am

Maybe the Chandler for the 5th pick is the NY part. If they grab a PG at 5 (Curry) then they could snag Derozan at 8.
youngLion
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#4 » by youngLion » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:51 am

Sure.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,127

Post#5 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:03 am

I hate to dignify the OP with a reply, but everything you're saying - e.g. the Lupus thing, not moving up, alternative draft choices - is known to anyone who reads Doug Smith (I guess we all do, reluctantly), watches the videos on www.nba.com/raptors, and listened to Colangelo on the Fan last week. Surely you must know this.

As said above, the only thing that stands out is the Knicks thing. But how would your contact even know anything about that?

So I call bogus.

And I wouldn't trade W. Chandler for the fifth pick in a weak draft, unless it was to get Evans.
Sprite Zoner
Junior

Post#6 » by Sprite Zoner » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:09 am

tecumseh18 wrote:I hate to dignify the OP with a reply, but everything you're saying - e.g. the Lupus thing, not moving up, alternative draft choices - is known to anyone who reads Doug Smith (I guess we all do, reluctantly), watches the videos on http://www.nba.com/raptors, and listened to Colangelo on the Fan last week. Surely you must know this.

As said above, the only thing that stands out is the Knicks thing. But how would your contact even know anything about that?

So I call bogus.

And I wouldn't trade W. Chandler for the fifth pick in a weak draft, unless it was to get Evans.

I totally understand where you're coming from. All I can say is that Raptors will draft Derozan if he's there at 9. If he's not, I know why (which i'll post either way). So you can say he's promised not to slip past 9. Just hope he's there 8-) and ya....#5.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,514

Post#7 » by bballsparkin » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:18 am

i don't know. from what i get, you say trust me Raps, blah, blah, I'll prove it when it happens, blah blah. i'm willing to believe you have some knowledge, but your approach is weak. ImO. You post "inside info" like any of us can. Interesting, but, meh.
sl64
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by sl64 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:44 am

lol

Nice try.
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#9 » by supersub15 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:51 am

Sorry, but so far, in 3 separate threads, you have not provided us with anything worth calling "inside information". We all know that they like DeRozan, and we all know that if he's not there, there are 4 other possibilities.

Return to Toronto Raptors