ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Anthony Randolph grows 1 full inch + GSW trade rumour

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,694

Re: OT - Anthony Randolph grows 1 full inch + GSW trade rumour 

Post#41 » by C_Money » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:22 pm

Darkseid wrote:Plus the guy looks so cool out there.

Style points favour AR over Bosh.

LOL are you joking? Not even close. Anthony Randolph has got a really weird look to him. Its creepy.
phailing101
Rookie
And1: 21

Post#42 » by phailing101 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:23 pm

MagnusPinus wrote:Randolph is gonna be OUTSTANDING power forward in this game.. easily better than Bosh, since he has similar skillset and more athleticism.

Bahahahaha come on now.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest Randolph is anywhere near Bosh's level of talent. This was a BOLD claim.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,648

Post#43 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:24 pm

If that Biedrins + Randolph for Bosh rumour at the trade deadline was true, than BC is an idiot for declining it. This guy will be great, maybe never as good as Bosh offensively (he's already better defensively), but good enough.
MagnusPinus
Analyst
And1: 148

Post#44 » by MagnusPinus » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:26 pm

phailing101 wrote:
MagnusPinus wrote:Randolph is gonna be OUTSTANDING power forward in this game.. easily better than Bosh, since he has similar skillset and more athleticism.

Bahahahaha come on now.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest Randolph is anywhere near Bosh's level of talent. This was a BOLD claim.

At 19 Bosh wasn't better than randolph.. I'd say was worse.. They are a bit different players, since Randolph has smoe more perimeter skills.. but athletically, talent and energy wise he has more potential.. If he becomes a better player is on him.. if he works hard he will be better. . for sure.
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#45 » by basketball royalty » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:28 pm

C_Money wrote:

LOL are you joking? Not even close. Anthony Randolph has got a really weird look to him. Its creepy.

props to Turbozone for the sig
STA 13
Lead Assistant
And1: 361

Post#46 » by STA 13 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:29 pm

Scott Carefoot wrote:
Undefeated wrote:Randolph hasn't done jack in the league so far.

Randolph averaged 15.9 points, 11.6 rebounds, 2.4 blocks and 1.3 steals per 36 minutes last season. Bosh has never and will never match those numbers in rebounding, blocks or steals. In the second-last game of the season, Randolph (who is 19 years old) had 24 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals and a block against San Antonio.

LOL. Randolph palyed 45 minutess that game...GSW got blown out by 30 points. It's called garbage time. Duncan played 23 minutes and got 16/13/4 and Drew Gooden managed 20/15 in 22 minutes. That game was a total joke and degenerated into a high school pick up game. This is what you dont get when you base his potential off 8 games at the end of a season.

One thing is for sure--AR better come out like gangbusters next year if he's going to continue to get this ridiculous hype.

Oh BTW, are youe really going to compare Bosh's rookie year statistics, on the 2nd worst offensive team in NBA history to Randolph's in that run n gun system where every guy on their team (Biedrins, Ellis, Azubike...)seem to put up these inflated statistics??
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#47 » by Clutch Carter » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:29 pm

I'm not a Bosh homer, but at 19 Bosh was a starting center, playing big minutes, and doing a pretty nice job at it.

Randolph has done nothing as of yet.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#48 » by Undefeated » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:33 pm

Scott Carefoot wrote:Randolph averaged 15.9 points, 11.6 rebounds, 2.4 blocks and 1.3 steals per 36 minutes last season. Bosh has never and will never match those numbers in rebounding, blocks or steals. In the second-last game of the season, Randolph (who is 19 years old) had 24 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals and a block against San Antonio.

That’s some impressive stats for a 19 year old no doubt, but I question his rebounding. Put into account that practically no player on the Warriors roster plays good defense (yes, rebounding is part of defense in my books); those rebounds will either go to Biedrins or Randolph. Basically, he doesn’t need to challenge any of his teammates for rebounds. Bosh’s main role is to score so I don’t blame him for not pulling down the number of boards like Randolph. Maybe if Bosh’s scoring role was reduced, then perhaps he can pull down 11-12 rebounds per? :dontknow:

Warriors fans wouldn't trade Randolph for Bosh right now even if their contracts matched, and I don't blame them. The only edge that Bosh might maintain over Randolph is scoring. And when you consider that Randolph had 15.9 points per 36 and a .462 FG% in his rookie season compared to Bosh's 12.3 points per 36 and .459 FG% in his rookie season, it's quite possible that Randolph could catch him there, as well.

That’s what Warriors fans think, but I am sure the Warriors management would bite on that if their contracts matched. They’re getting a proven all-star for a rookie who just puts up impressive stats.

Randolph is an example of what Bosh-supporters don't take into account when they claim that Bosh will become a top 5 player in the league now that Garnett and Duncan are in decline. They don't realize that guys like Randolph, Beasley, Rose and Roy are all already nipping at his heels at a much younger age.

Just to make it clear that I am not a Bosh supporter, however until Randolph can show me some legitimate accomplishments, that’s when he’s better than Bosh. Although, I do see Randolph becoming a stud down the road since he does show signs of promise.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
MagnusPinus
Analyst

Post#49 » by MagnusPinus » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:35 pm

Guys... what are Bosh's accomplishment.. he got beat by Mikki Moore in the playoffs. He is just not that good. Time to change
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
jrsmith
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#50 » by jrsmith » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:40 pm

MagnusPinus wrote:Guys... what are Bosh's accomplishment.. he got beat by Mikki Moore in the playoffs. He is just not that good. Time to change

AR lost to solomon this season and didnt make the playoffs, whats ur point?
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#51 » by Undefeated » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:40 pm

MagnusPinus wrote:Guys... what are Bosh's accomplishment.. he got beat by Mikki Moore in the playoffs. He is just not that good. Time to change

You don't think becoming an all-star or being on the All-NBA second team is an accomplishment?
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
EliteBaller
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#52 » by EliteBaller » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:41 pm

lol....mangunspenis must be a GSW fan....your not getting Bosh!
STA 13
Lead Assistant
And1: 361

Post#53 » by STA 13 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:42 pm

EliteBaller wrote:lol....mangunspenis must be a GSW fan....your not getting Bosh!

Nope--he's an Italian Bargs fan. Not a GSW fan, or even a Raps fan. Like the other Italian fans here who do nothing but bash bosh and dream up Bosh trade scenarios :lol:
MagnusPinus
Analyst

Post#54 » by MagnusPinus » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Undefeated wrote:

You don't think becoming an all-star or being on the All-NBA second team is an accomplishment?

It is not an accomplishment to me.. when the Nba votes dwight howard for DPY it can happen Bosh gets in the all star game.
This league is all about stats in the accolades.. and Bosh can get stats easily, but then when it comes to winning is a different story. Since I'm a raptors and Andrea fan, I just don't think this couple will ever pan out.. and Andrea is the guy to keep of the 2, first because is cheaper, second because Bosh doesn't want to stay and overrates himself. He thinks he is an MVP, he is just a good player.
GuyverADL wrote:
jrsmith
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#55 » by jrsmith » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:53 pm

MagnusPinus wrote:
Undefeated wrote:

It is not an accomplishment to me.. when the Nba votes dwight howard for DPY it can happen Bosh gets in the all star game.
This league is all about stats in the accolades.. and Bosh can get stats easily, but then when it comes to winning is a different story. Since I'm a raptors and Andrea fan, I just don't think this couple will ever pan out.. and Andrea is the guy to keep of the 2, first because is cheaper, second because Bosh doesn't want to stay and overrates himself. He thinks he is an MVP, he is just a good player.

since this league is about winning, andrea and AR have won less then bosh, whats your point
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#56 » by Gold Chain » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:53 pm

C_Money wrote:

CB is animal, a 4 time proven NBA AllStar animal.

Let's see how Stretchy Andy deals with double teams and defensive schemes completely aimed at stopping him.

I think some people need to hit Youtube and see what Bosh was like in his rookie and soph. year, he was killer.
Joga_Bonito
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#57 » by Joga_Bonito » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:53 pm

MagnusPinus wrote:
Undefeated wrote:

You lost all your credibility with this (about Bosh).
vctmac
Rookie
And1: 568

Post#58 » by vctmac » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:55 pm

MagnusPinus wrote:It is not an accomplishment to me.. when the Nba votes dwight howard for DPY it can happen Bosh gets in the all star game.

the great magnuspenis knows all. Lets trade our certified 20-10 guy just because he doesnt compliment a guy that puts up crappier numbers than him and not really the same impact on a game.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#59 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:57 pm

Undefeated wrote:
Scott Carefoot wrote:Randolph averaged 15.9 points, 11.6 rebounds, 2.4 blocks and 1.3 steals per 36 minutes last season. Bosh has never and will never match those numbers in rebounding, blocks or steals. In the second-last game of the season, Randolph (who is 19 years old) had 24 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals and a block against San Antonio.

That’s some impressive stats for a 19 year old no doubt, but I question his rebounding. Put into account that practically no player on the Warriors roster plays good defense (yes, rebounding is part of defense in my books); those rebounds will either go to Biedrins or Randolph. Basically, he doesn’t need to challenge any of his teammates for rebounds. Bosh’s main role is to score so I don’t blame him for not pulling down the number of boards like Randolph. Maybe if Bosh’s scoring role was reduced, then perhaps he can pull down 11-12 rebounds per? :dontknow:

First, both Biedrins and Randolph are better defenders than Bosh. The Raptors as a team are just as bad as GS defensively if not worse. In Toronto Bosh is competing with Marion for the boards, while in GS AR has one of the best rebounders in the league in Biedrins on his team. It should be just as easy for Bosh to put up monster rebounding numbers, if not easier. I think Bosh can be one of the best rebounders in the league (we saw him grab those 19 boards in the final game of the season), but he only seems to focus on his offensive game, which is one of the knocks against him being a max player.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#60 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Joga_Bonito wrote:
MagnusPinus wrote:
Undefeated wrote:

You lost all your credibility with this (about Bosh).

he's 100% right, Bosh has done absolutely nothing his entire career to be called anything more than a "good" player.

Return to Toronto Raptors