ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Anthony Randolph grows 1 full inch + GSW trade rumour

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

MagnusPinus
Analyst
And1: 148

Re: OT - Anthony Randolph grows 1 full inch + GSW trade rumour 

Post#61 » by MagnusPinus » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:01 pm

vctmac wrote:
MagnusPinus wrote:It is not an accomplishment to me.. when the Nba votes dwight howard for DPY it can happen Bosh gets in the all star game.
This league is all about stats in the accolades.. and Bosh can get stats easily, but then when it comes to winning is a different story. Since I'm a raptors and Andrea fan, I just don't think this couple will ever pan out.. and Andrea is the guy to keep of the 2, first because is cheaper, second because Bosh doesn't want to stay and overrates himself. He thinks he is an MVP, he is just a good player.

the great magnuspenis knows all. Lets trade our certified 20-10 guy just because he doesnt compliment a guy that puts up crappier numbers than him and not really the same impact on a game.

thank u for the magnuspenis :lol:
Well.. Zach randolph is a certified 20-10 guy.. do u want him? :lol:
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,656

Post#62 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:04 pm

vctmac wrote:
MagnusPinus wrote:It is not an accomplishment to me.. when the Nba votes dwight howard for DPY it can happen Bosh gets in the all star game.
This league is all about stats in the accolades.. and Bosh can get stats easily, but then when it comes to winning is a different story. Since I'm a raptors and Andrea fan, I just don't think this couple will ever pan out.. and Andrea is the guy to keep of the 2, first because is cheaper, second because Bosh doesn't want to stay and overrates himself. He thinks he is an MVP, he is just a good player.

the great magnuspenis knows all. Lets trade our certified 20-10 guy just because he doesnt compliment a guy that puts up crappier numbers than him and not really the same impact on a game.

The guy putting up the crappier numbers will cost us at most half as much. Try building a good team around Bosh (which is difficult as he is not a leader) when he's eating up most of our salary.
Joga_Bonito
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#63 » by Joga_Bonito » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:07 pm

UssjTrunks wrote:he's 100% right, Bosh has done absolutely nothing his entire career to be called anything more than a "good" player.

To me a good player is a solid starter like Battier or Calderon or Troy Murphy but Bosh is a little higher than that. He's not great but he's in between good and great. This guy (MagnusPinus) is comparing Bosh to Zach Randolph for God sakes and we all know that Bosh is on a higher level than that clown Randolph.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#64 » by Undefeated » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:08 pm

UssjTrunks wrote:First, both Biedrins and Randolph are better defenders than Bosh. The Raptors as a team are just as bad as GS defensively if not worse. In Toronto Bosh is competing with Marion for the boards, while in GS AR has one of the best rebounders in the league in Biedrins on his team. It should be just as easy for Bosh to put up monster rebounding numbers, if not easier.

Why is it that Biedrins and Randolph are better defenders than Bosh? Is it because they grab more rebounds? IIRC, our defensive efficiency was much better than GS so we're not team that's as bad as GS or worse. In GS, Randolph and Biedrins are just two men rebounding for the team, where as the Raptors have Marion, Bosh and Bargnani which makes it different since Bosh has to go through 2 guys for rebounds.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
MagnusPinus
Analyst
And1: 148

Post#65 » by MagnusPinus » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:13 pm

I'd be happy with Bosh staying when he gets 15 points 10 rebounds but play sie f*uckin freaking defense. He looks like he doesn't try.. he doesn't contest shots when the tools are there. Andrea doesn't play much defense as well, but at least could try to defend against most centers. Bosh plays defense against no one.. he is just weak for bigs. Plus offensively he is a face to the basket guy, so can not involve much the team mates. Andrea and him are same type of players. keep them both just isn't ideal. And with Andrea we will have the chance to get more players for the team
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
Scott Carefoot
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#66 » by Scott Carefoot » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:13 pm

STA 13 wrote:Oh BTW, are youe really going to compare Bosh's rookie year statistics, on the 2nd worst offensive team in NBA history to Randolph's in that run n gun system where every guy on their team (Biedrins, Ellis, Azubike...)seem to put up these inflated statistics??

Rebounding%, Block% and Steal% are all pace-independent stats so the relative pace factors of Bosh's rookie year Raptors and Randolph's Warriors don't affect the stats. Randolph's and Bosh's rookie stats in those 3 measurements (Randolph/Bosh): 17.5%/12.8%, 4.5%/3.1%, 1.8%/1.3%

In Bosh's 6 seasons, he hasn't been able to match Randolph's rookie year percentages in any of those stats. Randolph is already a better rebounder and is at least as good a defender as Bosh is now. And Randolph accomplished this while weighing 200 pounds soaking wet.

Let's put it this way. If Randolph had stayed in college another year, he'd probably be the first overall pick in this draft.

Undefeated wrote:Why is it that Biedrins and Randolph are better defenders than Bosh? Is it because they grab more rebounds? IIRC, our defensive efficiency was much better than GS so we're not team that's as bad as GS or worse. In GS, Randolph and Biedrins are just two men rebounding for the team, where as the Raptors have Marion, Bosh and Bargnani which makes it different since Bosh has to go through 2 guys for rebounds.

Biedrins is definitely an overrated defender. He regularly gets dominated by opposing centers. When you're the starting center and your team is 28th in the league in Defensive Efficiency, there is absolutely no grounds to claim that person is a good defender.

As for Randolph, he only played 17 minutes per game so it's not really fair to blame him for the Warriors' porous defence.
Gruel
Senior
And1: 0

Post#67 » by Gruel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:18 pm

Randolph has the potential to be good, damn good. He's got the potential to be a mix of Lamar Odom and Kevin Garnett, and that's really scary.
J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#68 » by J-Rich- » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:27 pm

MagnusPinus wrote:The good thing is that GS is a crappy franchise who makes silly moves.. especially with nelly.. They could ultimately trade this kid.. I think him with Belinelli(that they don't value much), + a contract won't be refused.

the last warriors trade that f|_|cked up the franchise was the chris webber trade. there have been idiotic signings, horrible draft picks, etc. since then but not one that ruined the franchise(since they've been horrible anyways). Randolph is as untradable as howard, kobe, lebron, wade, paul, etc. so we dont gotta worry about randolph getting traded
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#69 » by Undefeated » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Scott Carefoot wrote:
Undefeated wrote:Why is it that Biedrins and Randolph are better defenders than Bosh? Is it because they grab more rebounds? IIRC, our defensive efficiency was much better than GS so we're not team that's as bad as GS or worse. In GS, Randolph and Biedrins are just two men rebounding for the team, where as the Raptors have Marion, Bosh and Bargnani which makes it different since Bosh has to go through 2 guys for rebounds.

Biedrins is definitely an overrated defender. He regularly gets dominated by opposing centers. When you're the starting center and your team is 28th in the league in Defensive Efficiency, there is absolutely no grounds to claim that person is a good defender.

As for Randolph, he only played 17 minutes per game so it's not really fair to blame him for the Warriors' porous defence.

This I can agree with, but some people just talk out of their ass when they say Biedrins is a good defender.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,085

Post#70 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:43 pm

One thing I really like about AR4 is he has an incredible desire and will to win... he's a beast, one of those rare guys who if he goes down, he's going down swinging until the end. Gimme five of those guys. That's why he always look like he's about to cry - he's ready to rip someone's head off on the court (like he did to Rob Kurz in practice).

For instance, his offseason this summer - took a couple weeks off, checked out a playoff game, and got ticked off that he wasn't in it. Headed right back to the gym in Oakland, where he's been working out 3x a day ever since.

He's also a military kid who seemed to react well to Nellie calling him out early in the season.

I don't know if AR is available for a re-signed Bosh, maybe? As someone said, the longer that takes and the better AR gets, the less likely it happens. Biedrins or Monta could be the main piece though plus some combination of attractive contract/young guys/picks.
Rapsfan4life
Rookie
And1: 56

Post#71 » by Rapsfan4life » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:47 pm

a front court of Bargs, AR, Derozan would abominably dominate the NBA in 3-4 seasons... all of them have potential to be good defenders, and it seems to me AR will be a 23/8/5 player in his prime. Plus AR is bigger/as big as bosh is now at 240 so its not like we are going softer by trading bosh for AR
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Post#72 » by A_wildstabatanything » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:09 pm

I can't say I'm shocked about the hype growing around AR. I was pleading for Colangelo to trade up for him at last year's draft.
J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#73 » by J-Rich- » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Rapsfan4life wrote:a front court of Bargs, AR, Derozan would abominably dominate the NBA in 3-4 seasons... all of them have potential to be good defenders, and it seems to me AR will be a 23/8/5 player in his prime. Plus AR is bigger/as big as bosh is now at 240 so its not like we are going softer by trading bosh for AR

randolph will average at least 9.5+rpg not 8
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#74 » by delsol650 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:18 am

The only thing GS would trade you for Bosh would most likely be a combo or Either Monta or Biedrins ( NOT BOTH ) and a combo of young players like Bellineli/B.Wright/Azubuke and if your lucky a future 1st. for Bosh and filler.

Yes, GSW is very high on Randolph as they should from what they've seen, how he has improved mentally and phyiscally compared to the start of the season to the end of it. Even during the off season where he has worked out like hell to gain another 20lbs which probably now puts him to 220 from 190+ where has was originally playing at the begging of the season.

If GSW did nix the Azu/Belli deal with the suns for Raja, that means they most likely have another deal being done for the combo Azu/Buke/Wright.
sl64
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#75 » by sl64 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:20 am

Test of Wills wrote:Randolph grew one full inch and added 20 pounds. That's 7 feet and 240 pounds which is freaky.

I don't think I've seen a player his size and length that could handle the ball, penetrate, score and set up his teammates since...I DONT EVEN KNOW!

Kevin Durant says hello.
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
Veggamattic
Veteran
And1: 1,419

Post#76 » by Veggamattic » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:29 am

I've been screaming about Randolph since last draft. I would have and still would have taken him #1 overall. I would trade him straight up for Bosh this minute even if salaries matched. CAN YOU SAY SUPERSTAR IN WAITING.

Don't bother with his stats even though they are great. Watch him!

There is no one other than Griffen and Rubio in this draft that is even close to him.
ayo_23
Veteran
And1: 164

Post#77 » by ayo_23 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:15 am

sl64 wrote:
Test of Wills wrote:Randolph grew one full inch and added 20 pounds. That's 7 feet and 240 pounds which is freaky.

I don't think I've seen a player his size and length that could handle the ball, penetrate, score and set up his teammates since...I DONT EVEN KNOW!

Kevin Durant says hello.

Kevin Durant says "I'm 6'9" and 215 lbs. Whatchu talkin' bout, sl64?"
cbosh4mvp
Suspended
And1: 805

Post#78 » by cbosh4mvp » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:16 am

Why are people comparing this Rookie to Bosh. This guy has proved nothing! Bosh has proved he is a superstar in this league. Bosh has proved he can average 28 points in a month span and probably more next year as there are no Olympics to ware him out. Seriously, AR is never going to be as good as Bosh was THIS year.
Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Projection- 57-25
Credits to TurboZone--- TurboZone.Com
Veggamattic
Veteran
And1: 1,419

Post#79 » by Veggamattic » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:19 am

cbosh4mvp wrote:Why are people comparing this Rookie to Bosh. This guy has proved nothing! Bosh has proved he is a superstar in this league. Bosh has proved he can average 28 points in a month span and probably more next year as there are no Olympics to ware him out. Seriously, AR is never going to be as good as Bosh was THIS year.

Keep looking at stats...keep reading other people's opinion...or WATCH HIM PLAY AND BE AMAZED!!!
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#80 » by delsol650 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:16 pm

It doesn't matter what folks think here about AR. He aint getting traded for Bosh. The dubs have re-set they sights on Amare again.

Beside's why throw a high prospect like AR for a guy like bosh who's going to leave and NOT re-sign with the Raps anyways. Seriously.

Return to Toronto Raptors