ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Have Interest in Ike Diogu

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

chrome381
Starter
And1: 0

Re: Raptors Have Interest in Ike Diogu 

Post#41 » by chrome381 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:37 pm

Who the heck is that?
seanied
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#42 » by seanied » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:41 pm

Hank_Scorpio wrote:He also averages just under 2 fouls in 12 minutes for his career.

That could also be a role he was asked to fulfill though. Like Jake for us last year. Get in there and rough a few of them up while we rest our guys so they don't look forward to the seeing Bosh/Bargnani getting subbed out.
Jules Henri Poincaré wrote:A pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science.
rrdjutriurt
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#43 » by rrdjutriurt » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Super tough in the paint on both offence and defence. He would raise our team toughness a few notches. Definitely more valuable than Rasho.
NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#44 » by lucky777s » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:21 pm

I think he is a good fit. The 4 spot behind Bosh is our only area of real weakness. If Bosh goes down it might be nice to pair a big body low post 4 with Bargs.

Doubt he gets much PT but good insurance. Like Hump he was a big time college scorer and rebounder but has never found an nba role. I see a bit of Al Jefferson or Elton Brand in him.
vi3t
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,355

Post#45 » by vi3t » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:35 pm

execoftheyear wrote:Now I'm convinced Bosh is staying....he's another one of Bosh's good friends...well that's if we get him

the guy may be undersized but he has a crazy wingspan...7'4'' I believe...his best years were in G-State...good rebounder and can finish around the rim pretty well for his size...he'd be competing for minutes against Evans not Rasho

wat I was thinking, i remember him having a better arguably a better freshman year than bosh
Hank_Scorpio
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#46 » by Hank_Scorpio » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:38 pm

vi3t wrote:
execoftheyear wrote:Now I'm convinced Bosh is staying....he's another one of Bosh's good friends...well that's if we get him

the guy may be undersized but he has a crazy wingspan...7'4'' I believe...his best years were in G-State...good rebounder and can finish around the rim pretty well for his size...he'd be competing for minutes against Evans not Rasho

wat I was thinking, i remember him having a better arguably a better freshman year than bosh

WHAT?

Ike averaged 7 points and 3 boards in his rookie season. Bosh averaged 11 and 7.
Postbro1 wrote:Obama is right on this.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,636
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#47 » by will » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Hank_Scorpio wrote:
will wrote:
Paradokz wrote:reminds me of jerome moiso

Have you even seen Diogu play? That guy has legitimate post moves and a back to the basket game.

He also averages just under 2 fouls in 12 minutes for his career.

He's also played on 4 teams in 4 years in the NBA - which is usually not a good sign. And its not like he's a young player - he'll be 26 when the season starts.

So despite his two fabulous games at the end of the season, he has yet to show anything on a consistent basis in his NBA career.

Having said all that, if he's cheap, I would welcome him to the Raps as a 4th or 5th big man.

So, the guy is 26, big deal. The bottom line is he is better than POB and probably Reggie Evans - if he ever got the chance.

Golden State - Neilie is running the show, so that says it all
Indy - stuck behind two guys in Murphy and Foster making big money
Portland - Already had Przybilla along with Oden and Aldridge developing, so that was a no go
Sacramento - the guy actually showed promise when he got his chance at the end of the season (although it was only 4 games)
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#48 » by CreaM » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Sign him up!!
dawn_wan
Veteran
And1: 612

Post#49 » by dawn_wan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Diogu will not come to Toronto considering the amount of money they will offer.
Looks like he's going to Europe.
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#50 » by EventHorizon » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:10 pm

Rasho is 33 and will not contribute sufficiently to be a legitimate back up C for this year and next. Ike Diogu is an undersized PF and is not a good rebounder. We have Pops who fits our team much better and is available for the same salary. As for a backup C, Chris Wilcox is available for cheap and he is still 27.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,553

Post#51 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:16 pm

Do you guys think it's possible Rasho has an offer from another team that's more than the BAE? If it was such a lock I wonder why he hasn't signed yet
rocket2981
Senior
And1: 24

Post#52 » by rocket2981 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:54 pm

It's between him and Pops for the 3rd string PF. Anything more than the minimum will be overpaid but this guy has talent and he's a way more polished offensive player than Pops. If Bosh gets injured for an extended period of time, I would be more confident with Diogu than Pops but if it's for occasionnal short energy shifts, I'd rather have Pops...
RAblaze
Senior
And1: 877

Post#53 » by RAblaze » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:38 pm

I don't mind Ike, he looked good near the end of the season with Sac, and I think all he needs is some consistant minutes to be respectable in this league. It wouldn't be a bad idea for the Raps to grab him, because a (semi) young, (somewhat) proven, and an (argueably) still developing big man isnt the worst thing you can have.

My only problem is his height, at 6'7-6'8" he will always be a role player in this league, and with Reggie Evans on board, who fits the Raptors needs better, Diogu probably wouldn't get much burn. Even on a minimum salary, the cost of suits would outweigh any sort of positives for him with the Raptors.
hotsizzle262
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#54 » by hotsizzle262 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:40 pm

we.better.not.sign.this.guy
Yorkex
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,866

Post#55 » by Yorkex » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3MyU_NCyu0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nrw4KBY ... re=related - watch this

Rasho is 33 ..looking to retire. You guys keep looking at fan favorites, that way we are not gonna win any thing Ike is young and might come for cheap. Much more athletic and aggressive than Rasho.
Southward1
General Manager
And1: 2,411

Post#56 » by Southward1 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:58 pm

-I'll admit it, I thought Diogu was going to be better than Charlie V, even after there rookie years.
-Condition is definitely not an issue with this guy. He's built like Karl Malone and I'm sure works out as hard.
-He could easily replace Hump and isn't as selfish
-He needs to develop a swagger and he really needs to care more. He's essentially another Patrick O'bryant when it comes to a motor. I don't know if he wants to be a basketball player sometimes
-Undersized, but stronger than most PF. Can, score, rebound and defend at a roleplayer level. There's certainly worse choices out there.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#57 » by Courtside » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:05 pm

Yorkex wrote:Rasho is 33 ..looking to retire.

Says who? He's said openly that he'd like to return to Toronto and keep playing - which he can do.

He's never been a pogo stick energy guy - but he's a smart vet who plays good defense, can score a bit, is never a liability on the court and is a good mentor to the young big men. For the price, he's a very good value.

Ideally, we'd bring in Rasho as a vet C and Diogu as a younger PF. Evans is nearing 30 and Diogu can be groomed into his replacement as a backup 4. You have to ix youth and experience together and outside of Turkoglu and now George, this team doesn't have enough winning experience.
Yorkex
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,866

Post#58 » by Yorkex » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Courtside wrote:
Yorkex wrote:Rasho is 33 ..looking to retire.

Says who? He's said openly that he'd like to return to Toronto and keep playing - which he can do.

He's never been a pogo stick energy guy - but he's a smart vet who plays good defense, can score a bit, is never a liability on the court and is a good mentor to the young big men. For the price, he's a very good value.

Ideally, we'd bring in Rasho as a vet C and Diogu as a younger PF. Evans is nearing 30 and Diogu can be groomed into his replacement as a backup 4. You have to ix youth and experience together and outside of Turkoglu and now George, this team doesn't have enough winning experience.

I can tell you right now the most you can get out of Rasho is up to 35-36 nothing more. yea he can more then but younger C will blow by him :lol: :lol:

I dont hate the guy....i think he was a great fit for the Raptors back then.
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Post#59 » by A_wildstabatanything » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:37 pm

If Delfino's not coming back I think the BAE should go to a wing.

Return to Toronto Raptors