ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Stephen Jackson to Charlotte for Raja Bell, Vlad-Rad

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,984

Re: OT: Stephen Jackson to Charlotte for Raja Bell, Vlad-Rad? 

Post#101 » by ATLTimekeeper » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:51 pm

HA! wrote:
Just so you know I'm not looking at this trade for a basketball perspective but more from a salary cap perspective simply because thats the position they should be taking when they are dealing with contacts like Jax's and Maggette's. Obviously you are getting 2 live bodies back but is it really that important when the Warriors are in the position that they are at right now?

Yeah, but they're 3-6, so is Charlotte. There's lots of time for both teams. That Cavs trade might've made sense mid-season, but right now pretty much everyone but the Knicks and Nets think they can make the playoffs--especially a guy like Nellie who's had some great underdog teams in the past.
redred9
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#102 » by redred9 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:59 pm

good deal for the Warriors imo. Raja Bell can't have anything but a positive effect in that locker room and on guys like Monta, Curry, Randolph.. and he actually plays hard and unselfishly unlike Jackson. For the Bobcats? I really don't get what they're trying to do.. they really need SJax for five more years??

I am so glad BC did not trade for this tool- would be a good gamble on a cheaper contract, but to tie yourself up on a guy who may (actually probably will) stop playing hard in six months time.. phew. The Raptors still need some changes to really compete imo. but SJax?

Bobcats will get a good year out of him and thats it imo.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,503

Post#103 » by dagger » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Just my hunch but Jackson, had he come here, would have behaved a bit like Shawn Marion, complaining about the cold and acting like a mercenary until he got traded again to a team of his choosing. It's not that he's bad but anytime I hear a player has a list of teams he'd like to play for, and we're not on it, I get that feeling. Sure, he's publicly happy to play for LB in Charlotte today, but I bet he hasn't thrown his list into the recycling bin yet either.

Now, if I were Larry Brown, I'd start talking to Cleveland about a sign and trade in 60 days where Cleveland takes on Nazr Mohammed's contract with Jax for expirings. Now that would be really smart.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,608

Post#104 » by Ackshun » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:16 pm

They have a lights out backcourt now.
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#105 » by Ted Lasso » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:20 pm

Ackshun wrote:They have a lights out backcourt now.

In that they'll combine to shoot 39%?
quickymgee
Rookie
And1: 48

Post#106 » by quickymgee » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:43 pm

wierd i can't seem to find the bobcats' PG
There There
Veteran
And1: 201

Post#107 » by There There » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Easy now.

I think Jackson will improve things on the offensive end as they clearly lack guys who can create offensive opportunities for others, but Felton is trash and last I checked he is still starting.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Re: OT: Stephen Jackson to Charlotte for Raja Bell, Vlad-Rad 

Post#108 » by Avenger » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:44 pm

This Bobcats franchise is a joke, i just don't understand them.
First they took on J-Rich and gave up a high pick in a good draft. Then they traded him away for even more salary in Bell and Diaw. They trade away an expiring in Morrison and a good bench player in Shannon Brown for a terrible contract in Radmonavic. After that they trade their best player in Okafor to save a few million while giving up a ton of talent and now they take another long term contract of an overrated player which neutralizes their savings .

Does anyone see a plan or a direction in those moves?
The Notic
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: it's a bird. it's a plane. NO! it's Lois Lane givin me brain.

Post#109 » by The Notic » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:52 pm

They had more wins than us last year. And they might have more wins than us this year.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#110 » by Avenger » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:03 am

The Notic wrote:They had more wins than us last year. And they might have more wins than us this year.

lol, you'll keep saying this until their magic number is down to 0. I don't understand how anyone who knows anything about basketball can think the Bobcats are any good. They're actually getting lucky this year too. With their point differential, they are fortunate to be 3-6. Their glorified defence has only been 6th in the league and it will probably get worse with Bell gone and they are still on pace to put up one of the worst offensive campaigns in the history of professional basketball.

The Raptors worse case scenario looks like 38-40 wins and a good shot at 8th place in the East. If they can move up a few spots defensively and with our cakewalk schedule in the last two months, we might have a shot at 4th/5th seed.
PHANTOMPHOENIX
Head Coach
And1: 1,074

Post#111 » by PHANTOMPHOENIX » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:06 am

I hope GS continues to suck and Bell becomes available. I would swap Wright + filler for Bell. If GS is out of the playoff picture, it might not take much to get Bell.
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#112 » by Mustard_Tiger » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:07 am

The Notic wrote:They had more wins than us last year. And they might have more wins than us this year.

That doesn't make the Bobcats any less of a joke. It just means the Raptors are one as well.
The Chucker
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#113 » by The Chucker » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:10 am

This is why no one takes you seriously man.
The Notic
Banned User

Post#114 » by The Notic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:19 am

Avenger wrote:The Raptors worse case scenario looks like 38-40 wins and a good shot at 8th place in the East. If they can move up a few spots defensively and with our cakewalk schedule in the last two months, we might have a shot at 4th/5th seed.

Meh. I just find it weird Raps fan laugh at the 'Cats when they actually had a legit shot at the playoffs last year. Classic LB season where his new team starts slow and finishes the season strong.

We might do better than them, granted but they're a good basketball team. I have a sig bet with Schad on who has more wins this season. You want in?
The Notic
Banned User

Post#115 » by The Notic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:19 am

Mustard_Tiger wrote:

That doesn't make the Bobcats any less of a joke. It just means the Raptors are one as well.

That's the point. Raptor fans looking down at a team who were actually better than us a season ago.
The Notic
Banned User

Post#116 » by The Notic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:22 am

TORaptorsFan wrote:

Who are you?
The Chucker
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#117 » by The Chucker » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:26 am

The Notic wrote:
TORaptorsFan wrote:

Who are you?

Who do you think I am?
The Notic
Banned User

Post#118 » by The Notic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:27 am

some guy that quotes me a lot who might be the first person in a couple of years to make my ignore list.
Carlos Rogers
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#119 » by Carlos Rogers » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:13 am

From Patrick O'Bryants Twitter

"Contrary to belief stephan jackson is one of the best teamates u could ask for. Glad to see he got traded as requested."
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#120 » by Mustard_Tiger » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:31 am

Carlos Rogers wrote:From Patrick O'Bryants Twitter

"Contrary to belief stephan jackson is one of the best teamates u could ask for. Glad to see he got traded as requested."

He's the "cancer" that everyone loves.

Return to Toronto Raptors