ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Stephen Jackson to Charlotte for Raja Bell, Vlad-Rad

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

rtcaino
Bench Warmer
And1: 54

Re: OT: Stephen Jackson to Charlotte for Raja Bell, Vlad-Rad? 

Post#121 » by rtcaino » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:51 am

mad-mo wrote:you guys gotta settle down with the Sjax hate.. Jacksons situation is the same as VC's, both did whatever it took to get out even though it was ugly..

Vince went to NJ and got back on track and i expect the same thing with SJax in Charlotte.. great pickup by the bobcats

would have been nice to have Captain Jack on our team

Haha, I don't think that is the most effective defense of Sjax around these parts.
mappiah19
Analyst
And1: 1,139

Re: OT: Stephen Jackson to Charlotte for Raja Bell, Vlad-Rad 

Post#122 » by mappiah19 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:57 am

Mustard_Tiger wrote:
Carlos Rogers wrote:From Patrick O'Bryants Twitter

"Contrary to belief stephan jackson is one of the best teamates u could ask for. Glad to see he got traded as requested."

He's the "cancer" that everyone loves.

Don't listen to what the other anglo-american ideologies who are saying he's a cancer. The fella just wants to win and because he demanded a trade and complains to refs every possession does not mean he is a "cancer". If an unselfish guy like Tim Duncan loves him, that says it all.
RoyalStyles
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#123 » by RoyalStyles » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:42 am

I watched him play with an intensity that rubbed off on his teammates, allowing the bobcats to play a competitve game losing only by 6 ....mind you lewis was first game back and quite cold. meh, good pickup for the bobcats...but what ARE the bobcats lol
Wasp
Sixth Man
And1: 1,199

Post#124 » by Wasp » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:23 am

So, let me get this straight, people ACTUALLY follow Patrick O'Bryant's Twitter?
lllleviathanlll
Junior
And1: 0

Post#125 » by lllleviathanlll » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:50 am

PHANTOMPHOENIX wrote:I hope GS continues to suck and Bell becomes available. I would swap Wright + filler for Bell. If GS is out of the playoff picture, it might not take much to get Bell.

Why would we do that? Bell is an expiring. Why would we trade him for some sucky players? and don't say because that's how GSw rolls, thats just plain dumb.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,238

Post#126 » by djsunyc » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:12 am

"What a humiliating about-face. Less than a year after the Warriors' dysfunctional management proudly signed team captain Stephen Jackson to a cap-crippling three-year, $28 million extension negotiated behind then-general manager Chris Mullin's back, they gave away the disgruntled veteran for cap relief on Monday by dealing him and Acie Law to Charlotte for Raja Bell and Vladimir Radmanovic. Radmanovic's own contract is bad enough that the Lakers gave him away at the trade deadline a year earlier, speaking volumes about the Warriors' gaffe with Jackson.

What makes this even worse is that it appears Golden State took the second-best offer on the table. Multiple league sources told me the Cavaliers were ready to move ahead with a deal featuring a signed-and-traded Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West and perhaps some ancillary flotsam in return for Jackson, a deal that would have been visibly superior to the Charlotte deal from both a cap-management and talent perspective."

Return to Toronto Raptors