ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Stephen Jackson to Charlotte for Raja Bell, Vlad-Rad

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Pchu
Lead Assistant
And1: 230

Re: OT: Stephen Jackson to Charlotte for Raja Bell, Vlad-Rad? 

Post#61 » by Pchu » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:22 pm

One more thing about the trade from GSW point of view, I hope that Anthony Randolph will now start for the team. If that's the case, then it's an addition by subtraction.
Pchu
Lead Assistant
And1: 230

Post#62 » by Pchu » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:Jackson basically gives you the same scoring Turkuglu does, minus the play-making, but with better defense.

The trade really wouldn't have helped this team much.

The bad thing about this trade is that if this improves the Bobcats, then the Raptors are in trouble. They're going to be battling with Charlotte one of those last playoff spots.

Not really. Jax will help the Bobcats, but not by a whole lot. He is more of a role player than a star player. The Bobcats needs a star player.
lllleviathanlll
Junior
And1: 0

Post#63 » by lllleviathanlll » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Not really sure if Randolph can start at the 4. Nelli is planning to use him as a 5. ANd he's currently backing up Mikki..
lllleviathanlll
Junior

Post#64 » by lllleviathanlll » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Mustard_Tiger wrote:
lllleviathanlll wrote:The dude is right. Jackson is a cancer.

Define cancer. I've never had anybody properly do that for me.

by cancer I mean he's slowly killing the team chemistry. It's clearly to be seen that our team does a lot better when Jackson is not playing with them. 2 players from the team wants him out.
Joga_Bonito
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#65 » by Joga_Bonito » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:31 pm

lllleviathanlll wrote:Not really sure if Randolph can start at the 4. Nelli is planning to use him as a 5. ANd he's currently backing up Mikki..

Since your a Warriors fan, are you happy with the players you got in return?
lllleviathanlll
Junior

Post#66 » by lllleviathanlll » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Joga_Bonito wrote:
lllleviathanlll wrote:Not really sure if Randolph can start at the 4. Nelli is planning to use him as a 5. ANd he's currently backing up Mikki..

Since your a Warriors fan, are you happy with the players you got in return?

of course! I think speaking for most of our fans, all we want is to get rid of jackson without the expense of turiuf or other assets. Every forum I go, they are really happy with the deal. I think if the bobcat likes it, then it's actually a great deal for both sides. I honestly think Toronto is a lot better without Jackson. You guys have a great team with a lot of assets, give them time to built chemistry.

funny quotes from warriors fans

"I feel like I just passed my HIV test!!!"

"My dad just sent me the text. Best news I've had in the last week! Though Radman is lackadaisical, he's a perfect big for this team. Raja, in my mind, is an upgrade over Jackson simply because of the attitude (plus shoots the three, doesn't chuck, defends well, though not as much facilitating or length). This will get rid of the cancer, hopefully Monta snaps out of it, and we get rolling.Stoked."

"I JUST CREAMED MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I feel like my colonoscopy is finally over."

"I'm standing on top of my desk taking a whiz on this "appreciation thread" as we speak. F :censored: You Jackwack!"

"Anyone bitching about this trade in any way is on crack. We hacked good Jack up into his component parts, and got rid of all of Bad Jack's warts. Vlad is fine. This is win win."

"It's done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BYEBYE AJBRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Unknownone
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#67 » by Unknownone » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:48 pm

western221 wrote:i never thought that jackson was a good defendor. his 1on1 defense is just ok, its just that he takes more risks and therefore is able to get more steals, at the risk of leaving his man wide open.

If you catch enough of the late games on League Pass, you'll know that Jackson isn't even back on the defensive end half of the time b/c he's arguing w/ the refs about phantom fouls that he's imagining were committed against him.

Is he a streaky 3 point scorer? Sure, but he's also a volume shooter - and given his inflated sense of self, may chafe rather quickly under the authoritarian auspices of Larry Brown, who may not be petty like Nelson, but isn't about to celebrate and encourage freewheeling improvisation that Jackson clearly enjoys.
lllleviathanlll
Junior

Post#68 » by lllleviathanlll » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:51 pm

yup
SDM
RealGM
And1: 951

Post#69 » by SDM » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:06 pm

I'm pretty sure you can carry a concealed weapon in Charlotte, so he should fit in just fine. Cashing checks, firing shots at crowds, chyea.
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#70 » by SpaceJam » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:17 pm

Charlotte's looking like a scary team right now. Looking like the Detroit bad boys. Hopefully Captain Jax can get them to score a lot more.
_________
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User

Post#71 » by Mustard_Tiger » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:20 pm

dacrusha wrote:Sounds a lot like another Larry Brown favorite, A.I.

And Chris Bosh last year when he basically gave up and this team won 33 games?
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User

Post#72 » by Mustard_Tiger » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:26 pm

SDM wrote:I'm pretty sure you can carry a concealed weapon in Charlotte, so he should fit in just fine. Cashing checks, firing shots at crowds, chyea.

And before you write this off as one more athlete apologia, consider this: Security tapes outside that Indianapolis strip club show a group of men, one with a hand in his back pocket and another under his shirt, approaching Pacers guard Jamaal Tinsley and threatening to "spray his car," Walsh says. (The two groups had exchanged words inside.) When a scuffle broke out, Jackson retrieved his licensed 9mm from his car and fired it in the air to scatter the combatants. The men ran for their car and Jackson walked to his. Thinking the confrontation over, he barely had time to jump as the attackers' gray Chrysler plowed into him. Jackson flipped over the windshield, landed on the trunk and fell to the ground before, as he recalls, he choked on his blood and passed out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3243802
satyr9
Assistant Coach
And1: 563

Post#73 » by satyr9 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:39 pm

I think it's a reasonable gamble for Cha and as good a return as they were going to get now for GS. IMO if they'd seen this wasn't going to ever get fixed and done a deal before SJax got himself 1,000 stupid complaint headlines they could've done better, but Bell might actually work very nice for them just because he'll be calm, not demand the ball and play some D if they let him. GS is about the only place you'd ever think Radman might be okay, and Law is meaningless.

However, there's a decent chance Larry Brown and SJax don't make it through the length of his deal on good terms, so this could come back to bite them eventually, just have to cross their fingers and hope it's later rather than sooner. And if I'd been poaching anyone in this deal for the Raps it probably would've been Bell. Even if he's a step slower, he'd still probably be the Raps best perimeter defender with corner ball ability and a cap friendly deal. Sjax just would not have been a nice fit with the rest of the squad IMO and there's no way it would've been worth the risk because SJax is simply too volatile and unpredictable. Not enough talent to risk upsetting the apple cart over IMO, but for Cha who just have no offense right now and were not looking like they had a hope of even equaling last year, it's a gamble, but they needed a change.
heemer
Veteran
And1: 14

Post#74 » by heemer » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:46 pm

Im surprised theres so much love for Jackson on here. He's an alright player but a terrible locker room guy who actually has the potential to be of negative value for a team. And that contract, ouch.
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#75 » by dacrusha » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:57 pm

heemer wrote:Im surprised theres so much love for Jackson on here. He's an alright player but a terrible locker room guy who actually has the potential to be of negative value for a team. And that contract, ouch.

Jackson's mom is posting, that's why the love.
"If you canā€™t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#76 » by Rhettmatic » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:48 pm

If this is true, it's pretty amazingly petty:

WojYahooNBA In the end, there was sense GState didn't want to reward Jax with trade to title contender and enjoyed shipping him to Charlotte sinkhole
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#77 » by Hassassin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:03 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:If this is true, it's pretty amazingly petty:

WojYahooNBA In the end, there was sense GState didn't want to reward Jax with trade to title contender and enjoyed shipping him to Charlotte sinkhole

Its the Warriors ... did you expect anything different?
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#78 » by Hassassin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:33 pm

Warriors should have done this instead.

The two sides discussed Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Delonte West and a sign-and-trade for Wally Szczerbiak. The Cavs would have included Ilgauskas only if the Warriors agreed to buy out the center so that he could be re-signed by the Cavs after the trade was completed.

Wiretap
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,962

Post#79 » by ATLTimekeeper » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:If this is true, it's pretty amazingly petty:

How about signing a long-term contract extension and then a year later demand a trade to 3 or 4 locations in the press?
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#80 » by Live Free » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:38 pm

you guys gotta settle down with the Sjax hate.. Jacksons situation is the same as VC's, both did whatever it took to get out even though it was ugly..

Vince went to NJ and got back on track and i expect the same thing with SJax in Charlotte.. great pickup by the bobcats

would have been nice to have Captain Jack on our team

Return to Toronto Raptors