ImageImageImageImageImage

CB4 on Jim Rome

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

CB4 on Jim Rome 

Post#1 » by vini_vidi_vici » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:33 am

Heard it earlier today, that he would be a guest and forgot to post it. If youre in the GTA, its on am 550 Buffalos sports station @ noon, or am 900 think thats Hamilton @ 7pm.

I wish I had given more notice because they read all their email and we could have showed how rabid our fanbase truly is. The talk will probably be centered aroung 2010 and his entertainment ventures (Documentary/Viral campaigns online/etc...), but hes much better than our radio guys as far as interviews.
Nostradunkus
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: CB4 on Jim Rome 

Post#2 » by Nostradunkus » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:16 pm

Thanks for the heads up. You can stream the show here http://www.fan960.com/listen right now. Any idea when hes supposed to come on?
Vtop
Senior
And1: 202

Post#3 » by Vtop » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Just announced that he'll be on at 12:45
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#4 » by Rhettmatic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Is that Eastern time or local Calgary time?
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Rhettmatic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Nevermind, he's on now. Will try for recap.
SuminderJi
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#6 » by SuminderJi » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:47 pm

Its on now.

Recap:
What inspired you to work hard in the offseason?
-Didn't feel I was hitting my max potential and trying to keep consistent.

Can these numbers hold up for the whole year?
-Taking every approach and attention to detail. Get to the free throw line. Get more in the post and the paint a lot more. Will help him and team be successful.

Put in work. How much more confident are you?
-A lot more confident. Had a more specific plan to hit goals. See and feels results. Feels can bang with people that he couldn't in years past.

Where did you work out?
-In Dallas. Regular gym. No air conditioning

How much of this a contract year or achieving and getting better?
-It has to do with everything. Feels he is the best forwards in the NBA. Wants to show confidence in himself. Teammates have confidence in them.

How it been playing in Toronto?
-Its been good. Its cold. Has ups and downs, basketball wise it has been good. As a player realizes that people know basketball. Not just a hockey town. City has embraced him.

Next year. What are you looking for? Whats important?
-Wants to win and be happy. If you're happy you work harder. Wants to win a championship.

Feels pressure to have championships?
-You do sort of feel that way. But you can't, as some great players haven't won. Feels destined to win however. Being gives him the hope will, but will try his hardest.

Viral athletes. Facebook and Twitter. Commitment to the viral brand of Chris Bosh?
-Wants to show different sides of him. Wants to connect with fan. Online is a tool you can use show people that you have more then an athletic personality.

DVD - First Ink?
-Will drop in a few months. Why did he get a tattoo. How it came about. Its personal and will show how he views certain things. Didn't think he was getting a tattoo. Something happened in his life and inspired him to get one.

What was the first tattoo?
-Watch the DVD. How life has aspired him. Its about growing up. Filmed him getting the tattoo.
So umm this is where people write stuff that they wanted repeated again, and again, and again.

I will NOT fall in that trap...

...darn
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#7 » by J-Roc » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:52 pm

This online version is so much clearer than the AM550 signal I get on my car radio.
Major_9000
Bench Warmer
And1: 13

Post#8 » by Major_9000 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:53 pm

Bosh criteria for 2010 1) Win a championship 2) Be Happy

...damn, it always shocks me how mellow he is, lol.
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Rhettmatic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Pretty boring interview.

What made this off-sesaon critical?
- Winning gold medal inspired me. Last season, I felt I came up short. Wanted to work as hard as possible, wasn't reaching maximum potential. Had to take a humble approach to see how he could get better. Consistency has been a weakness of mine, just want to prolong success.

Can these numbers hold up? Does he expect to sustain this start?
- That's the plan. I'm taking every good approach I can, I want to pay attention to detail, stay aggressive, continue to get to the line, stay inside. Wanted to get more in the post, get in the paint a lot more. Get to the FT line a lot more.

How much more confident is he?
- A lot more confident. Bigger, stronger, can actually feel results of weightlifting when playing. He could tell before that big guys had the advantage. Now he feels like he's on an even playing field.

Where did he lift weights?
- Dallas. It was a Rocky environment. Nice, but not state of the art.

How much of this is about contract year?
- Yeah, it has something to do with everything. I thas something to do with him feeling better about himself as a player and trying to reach potential. And trying to show he's one of the best forwards in the NBA. If it doesn't start with me, nobody else is really going to believe it. Wants to have confidence in himself, teammates show confidence in him, wants to prove night in night out that he's one of the best.

How would you characterize 7 years in Toronto?
- It's been good. It's like any other place, it's had its ups and downs. Course, it's cold. But basketball-wise, it's been good. We've had some good times. Sometimse you think that people don't know sports, and it's a hockey twon, but they really like basketball. The crowd is good, they have a support, they've really embraced me there. It's been good times there.

What are you looking for next year?
- It's just important for me to win and be happy. If you're happy, you can work your best. I want to win a championship. That's what every player in this league wants, especially good players. that's what it's about for me. I want the chance to win a lot of basketball games and hopefully hold a few trophies.

After this they asked about branding and his DVD and I spaced out.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,186

Post#10 » by Tofubeque » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:13 pm

I wish Chris understood by now how annoying it is to hear "it's cold" in every interview about Toronto.
props Turbozone
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#11 » by Hendrix » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:22 pm

Do players from NYC, Chicago, Detroit etc... say how cold it is every chance they get?
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,086

Post#12 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:25 pm

Tofubeque wrote:I wish Chris understood by now how annoying it is to hear "it's cold" in every interview about Toronto.

Hah, apparently it's below zero in Denver right now. I think he's media savvy to know that it's necessary to reassure US listeners that their preconceptions will not be challenged by the interview. People need to hear that before they'll trust the man to buy into his product/brand.
MJ23DREAMER
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#13 » by MJ23DREAMER » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:33 pm

Thanks for the recap fellas!
Jatt
Rookie
And1: 251

Post#14 » by Jatt » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Bosh in 2010 "Thanks for the 'good' time Toronto, but I'm looking for great "
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,541

Post#15 » by DG88 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:59 pm

Hendrix wrote:Do players from NYC, Chicago, Detroit etc... say how cold it is every chance they get?

Don't forget Denver
Maternal
Banned User
And1: 222

Post#16 » by Maternal » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Hendrix wrote:Do players from NYC, Chicago, Detroit etc... say how cold it is every chance they get?

No it's just a stereotype. I laughed when I watch a denver game and saw it snowing, same with when I was watching the new england game. I've heard Bill players say it's cold up there as well. It's only a 2 F'ing hour drive. Just american ignorance that's all.
Scott Carefoot
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#17 » by Scott Carefoot » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:21 pm

To be fair to Chris, he's from Texas so of course Toronto seems cold to him. It would be another thing if he said it was the coldest city in the NBA (I'm assuming Minneapolis has that title) but it's not "ignorant" for him to say that he finds it cold here.
Yorkz
Junior
And1: 137

Post#18 » by Yorkz » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:25 pm

Toronto has a reputation for being cold. I was in Iceland recently and they were commenting on how cold Toronto was! :o
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,256

Post#19 » by Shaazzam » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:26 pm

It's cold.

What's the big deal when athletes bring it up?
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#20 » by The_Hater » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:24 pm

I don't necessarily think it's a Canadian thing. He's from Texas and most people that move from a warm climate to a colder climate will complain about the cold. Move me to Northern Ontario and I'll complain too.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Toronto Raptors