ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Cack gets it done.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Re: PG: Cack gets it done. 

Post#161 » by Reignman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Shaazzam wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:I will say, one thing that annoyed me about this game was how Triano put Derozan on Granger, and then pulled him when Granger knocked down a few 3's on him. Why was Derozan on a guy like Granger who can just shoot over him all day? The guy should've been playing Rush while Turkoglu was on Granger. Then Traino even went so far as to pretty much bench him for the rest of the game, blaming him for what was really Triano's own coaching problem. In the first half, Derozan was playing very well on offense, and again, never got back into the game after being pulled. The guy's being held more accountable than the veterans out there.

Isn't it going to be his job to play guys like Granger during his career?

Agree to a certain extent but at the same time coaches need to put young players in position to succeed. It's early in the season so it should be expected that some match ups won't work out for the 20 year old. Switch it up, maybe put Hedo on Granger and let DD guard the 3 spot.
WingPlaya
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#162 » by WingPlaya » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:29 pm

Congratulations to Cack... they can do well against the pacers and bad against (mostly) every other team in the league... still have lots to prove.
we should sign AI so we can have a rapping raptor
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,971

Post#163 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:05 pm

Shaazzam wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:I will say, one thing that annoyed me about this game was how Triano put Derozan on Granger, and then pulled him when Granger knocked down a few 3's on him. Why was Derozan on a guy like Granger who can just shoot over him all day? The guy should've been playing Rush while Turkoglu was on Granger. Then Traino even went so far as to pretty much bench him for the rest of the game, blaming him for what was really Triano's own coaching problem. In the first half, Derozan was playing very well on offense, and again, never got back into the game after being pulled. The guy's being held more accountable than the veterans out there.

No, Granger's a jumpshooting SF (like 85% of his shots are outside the paint). We have a 6"10 SF that can easily get a hand in his face.

As for the first part, I don't think DeRozan came back into the game because it was in question, not because he was being punished or anything.
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#164 » by TheDunc » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:12 pm

Am i the only one thats not impressed by the raptors win. I hate raptor fans, we lose these exact kind of games and everyones upset but when we win everybody is happy. We only won because our offense was simply on fire. Our offense wont be on fire like this every night so most of the time we will lose these kind of games. I hate the way the raps are playing to be honest. I want my teams to expect to get the stop. With the raptors its as if they already expect to get scored on so their thinking about offense.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,435

Post#165 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Shaazzam wrote:

Not really. I expect Derozan to cover quicker, smaller guards. Granger is known for his jumpshot and long length, so Derozan wasn't the right guy to be guarding him anyways. Hedo would have been a much better choice. Either way, Triano could have at least switched it up at times, to allow Derozan to get a bit of rest, instead of just pulling him out. It seems like every time Derozan looks like he's about to take off, Triano sits him back down on the bench.

PopsMensahBonsu wrote:Am i the only one thats not impressed by the raptors win. I hate raptor fans, we lose these exact kind of games and everyones upset but when we win everybody is happy. We only won because our offense was simply on fire. Our offense wont be on fire like this every night so most of the time we will lose these kind of games. I hate the way the raps are playing to be honest. I want my teams to expect to get the stop. With the raptors its as if they already expect to get scored on so their thinking about offense.

No, I'm the same way. My boy texted me during the game going "wow this team might have 80 at the half". My reply ways "Meh, its against a garbage team".

It seems many are getting excited over these wins against bad teams, and give them a break when they lose against the good teams, even when they're missing some of their best player. Expectations have definitely fallen since the start of the season. We're playing at about the level, those who were "pessimistic" about this roster during the summer, expected them to be. Once this team starts facing the easy teams and win, everyone will be back in their "i told you" mode. I'm not sure what people's expectations are anymore. Are people really going to be satisfied with another 7th or 8th placing in the conference and a first round exit?
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#166 » by ansoncarter » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:00 pm

^I'll be satisfied with 50 wins. Barely satisfied.

anything less and it's just stupid to have traded 2 first round draft picks and tied up our cap for the next half decade for a roster that can't even break 50
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#167 » by J Dilla » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:29 pm

It seems many are getting excited over these wins against bad teams, and give them a break when they lose against the good teams, even when they're missing some of their best player. Expectations have definitely fallen since the start of the season. We're playing at about the level, those who were "pessimistic" about this roster during the summer, expected them to be. Once this team starts facing the easy teams and win, everyone will be back in their "i told you" mode. I'm not sure what people's expectations are anymore. Are people really going to be satisfied with another 7th or 8th placing in the conference and a first round exit?

The most concerning part for me is even against the easy teams they lose their leads and have to fight with their offense to stay on top. I haven't seen them dominate a single game this season.

And I read your post about using DeRozan on Granger. I fully agree.
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#168 » by lucky777s » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:55 pm

Look, I don't mind a little Cack once in while. Just like most of you.

But JT is really riding the Cack hard. Just pounding away with it without any set motions. That doesn't do it for me.

Last night it really delivered. The penetration, the finish, and of course the great ball movement.

but I would prefer that our Foreplay lineup (bosh,bargs,turk,jose) bring a little variety with a Marco one night, a DD another night, a Weems in certain matchups, or even Wright if he can control his offensive thrusts. Mix it up, keep it interesting so we can probe the D from different angle and not just pound it in deep all the time.

So even though the outcome was very satisfying I still think we should ease up our aggressive use of the Cack.
RREGC
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#169 » by RREGC » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:02 pm

Regardless, raps played well and how they were supposed to! No team blows out another team an entire game! There's always a comeback or run by the losing team at some point, question is can we keep capitolizing and making sure we actually hang on to the W? And danny granger is a beast! Wow what a player!!!

Return to Toronto Raptors