ImageImageImageImageImage

Hollinger: Triano is in over his head!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Re: Hollinger: Triano is in over his head! 

Post#81 » by Avenger » Fri Dec 4, 2009 3:12 am

Dr Mufasa wrote:I should bring back this

I don't know if Miami is in anymore though...

I don't know about Beasley. He is playing so average right now, statistically even Bargnani seems to be playing better and Beasley's rebounding isn't a whole lot better. I know he's only 21 but his game was supposed to be so NBA ready
kassian
General Manager
And1: 1,436

Post#82 » by kassian » Fri Dec 4, 2009 3:14 am

Dr Mufasa wrote:I should bring back this

I don't know if Miami is in anymore though...

I agree with Avenger.

Beasley is a role player right now, nothing more. He's not playing good, considering most of the people here predicted him to average around 25/10.
Chevy Chase
Sixth Man
And1: 820

Post#83 » by Chevy Chase » Fri Dec 4, 2009 3:18 am

dagger wrote:
Centre Court wrote:Hollinger nailed it. His comments are right on the mark. I've been saying the same thing since the beginning of November. Triano has to go or Bosh will walk.

Sorry, he could walk no matter what. He could walk if we were 10 games over .500. We made these mistakes with Carter, always trying to appease him (or his mother). And Carter was more impactful on team than Bosh, who for all of his talent, has never made a huge difference.

So if we fire Triano it should be for the right reasons - after a proper analysis, not because WE think it will keep Bosh from walking.

I agree with this 100% Lets get a grip. Watch for Triano to start Jack instead of Calderon and maybe put Andrea on a very short leash, yanking him every time someone scores on him. If he did that and they won those games, everyone would be back on the bandwagon.
user name
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#84 » by user name » Fri Dec 4, 2009 4:12 am

I think after seeing what happened to Mitchell, Jay has gone too far the other way. Sam was not known for being delicate in his criticisms and we all know how he handled Andrea. Jay seems to be the polar opposite, whether naturally or by design.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#85 » by Yosemite Dan » Fri Dec 4, 2009 6:42 am

Although I'm not a big fan of Triano, easily his biggest failing as a coach is not holding the starters accountable for anything and even then it's a catch 22 situation because he's pretty much at BC's mercy because of many factors. That he was given 3 year contract so he doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds him because it may be only head coaching gig he ever gets after years of service to the Raps. He also faces several other obstacles. He has to appease Bosh because the last thing BC wants to be known for is causing Bosh to leave because of BC's perceived incompetence, righly or wrongly, in building a winner around Bosh. Jose, Bargs and Turk have all signed multi year expensive contracts and in no uncertain terms BC has let it be known by these signings that these 4 players is what he constitutues as the future of his team.

So what does this mean. Any criticism of Bosh for defensive shortcomings is ignored because he doesn't want to upset the "franchise player" into leaving and in addition has to be the main focal point of the offense, even to the detriment of other players contributions (Bargs, Turk), in order to make the star player "happy' with getting enough touches. He can't bench any of Bargs, Turk or Jose and embarrass the GM. How bad would it look if your hand picked head coach benched any of these three players 6 weeks into the season to be an overpaid bench player.

So what is Triano to do because his hands are pretty much tied because of BC's shortsightedness in having 4 starters who have always been poor defensively thier whole career yet can't be called out on it, it's politics like anything else. Anybody seeing these 4 clowns play defensively know they are just stupid. They don't understand when to rotate and when not to. They are all finesse players who get muscled off the ball. They double team for no apparent reason. You can get away with having 2 starters like that but we actually have 5 which is rare for any team, hence the historically poor defense emerging.

Greg Popovich couldn't get these guys above .500. The players are just too defensively stupid and don't care. Then the bench sees the starters given a free ride and they develop the same bad habits. When Phil Jackson came back the Lakers were 1st round fodder, even with Kobe, because he just didn't have the horses.

What choice does Triano have? He has to identify the starters' strengths and hope he can outscore the opposition because anything else is not a realisitic option at this point. BC is to blame for all the failings of this group.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,103

Post#86 » by ItsDanger » Fri Dec 4, 2009 6:56 am

Bring back Butch Carter!
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.

Return to Toronto Raptors