ImageImageImageImageImage

Feschuk: Communication problems btwn Euros, Americans?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,503

Re: Feschuk: Communication problems btwn Euros, Americans? 

Post#21 » by dagger » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:10 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:
McFurious1 wrote:If it's going to be only the "American" players calling people out then there's going to be a recepie for disaster. The thing is players from Europe are more resvered to judge or point fingers to their teammates.

Random generalizations FTW!

Yep, but there may be some niceties here, as some Europeans are quieter in NA than they are in Europe, at least for their first few years. Darko comes to mind. He was the human victory cigar for three years, but now that he's landed in Media City, he can't keep his mouth shut. And of course, when he plays for S & M in the summer, he goes all Genghis Khan on referees! Even Bargnani flipped a ref the bird during the Eurobasket qualifying tournament in July.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#22 » by lucky777s » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:10 pm

stro wrote:"There was very little basketball stuff. It was more personal stuff in there."

What the hell?

Exactly, its like 'Yeah, we're all friends again!!!! Lets go play some ball' and everything will be great.

So now they will talking to each other while teams are dunking on them, blowing by them, taking rebounds from their outstretched hands and basically stealing their lunch. Congrats on that.
raptorschick
Senior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by raptorschick » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:12 pm

Superboy316KING wrote:let's see them get blown out again tonight...i wonder what they'll "talk" about next

:lol: :lol: I can't wait
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,753

Post#24 » by And1Skip » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:12 pm

dagger wrote:
Rhettmatic wrote:
McFurious1 wrote:If it's going to be only the "American" players calling people out then there's going to be a recepie for disaster. The thing is players from Europe are more resvered to judge or point fingers to their teammates.

Random generalizations FTW!

Yep, but there may be some niceties here, as some Europeans are quieter in NA than they are in Europe, at least for their first few years. Darko comes to mind. He was the human victory cigar for three years, but now that he's landed in Media City, he can't keep his mouth shut. And of course, when he plays for S & M in the summer, he goes all Genghis Khan on referees!

As I posted that pic about Diversity Day at The Office above. On a more serious note, my company requires us to do Diversity Training and although I don't find it that helpful at all nor do we need it, strangely, we were taught that apparently Italians are very emotional. They could be REALLY happy and excited about something, but could also be REALLY scared or angry about something else.

*edit: please note that I am not trying to generalize, just stating what we were taught, which I thought it was a generalization in itself and why I didn't like the training
TorontoBaller
Analyst
And1: 1,390

Re: Feschuk: Communication problems between Euros, Americans? 

Post#25 » by TorontoBaller » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:13 pm

BC4CB4 wrote:Sounds like everything's ironed out and we're off to the championships!

Bless you and your positive spirit! :)
Rainman66
Pro Prospect
And1: 106

Post#26 » by Rainman66 » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:17 pm

Sojourn wrote:unofficial transcript from the meeting

team: bargnani, dude u suck!!! and same goes for u caledron!!!
caledron: guys, we're a team!!!
triano: calm down boys!!! lets look at game tape
iavoroni: yeah there were a ton of blown coverages in last nights game
pat obryant (whispers to rasho): who's the dude getting all professorial on us?
rasho: he's our defensive guru (snickering)
sonny: hey demar, this n****r done talking?
demar: yeah, he said something about switching, all i know is that its bargnani' fault. man i cant believe im taking a pay cut to play for the raptors when i could have been livin it up back at USC
wright: at this point of the meeting, i would like to say something- i've started on great teams and i understand what it takes to win in this league- it takes effort, dedication and starting me
marco (whispering): hey bargs, is it me or does this dude need braces? he's got a big arse gap between his teeth
bargnani: i think this guy thinks people take him seriously around here, talk to me when you hit the rim on your jumper
triano: chris, any thoughts?
bosh: yeah
jarret: let me interject, i speak for both of us when i say- its bargnani's fault and i should start
reggie evans: i be sensing hate in this here locker room, we brothers from different mothers. u know i have 7 kids with 6 different mothers and they got more harmony than we do
triano (whispers): alvin, dude translate- i didnt get a word he just said
alvin: i think he compared his kids to us or something like that, i havent been back in the hood since i left for college, im a republican now
alex english: gentlemen, who thinks i should be the next head coach?
bosh (whispers to jack): he actually speaks, i thought he was a mute all this time
colangelo: when i was in phoenix and i built a championship team ...
banks (muses to himself): somebody should tell this cat that he never actually won a championship and he wouldnt be in the nba if it wasnt for his daddy. but then again i cant hate on bad gm's because im pimpin for life because of them
colangelo: i think we got a lot accomplished this afternoon, i think thats enough for today.
hedo (walking in all flustered): sorry i missed the meeting boyz but i did bring popcorn for everyone!!!

:rofl:

You Win
Vorticity
Head Coach
And1: 4,918

Post#27 » by Vorticity » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:17 pm

How the hell did Feschuk get all these quotes out so quickly?
Zona Zoo wrote:
spudwebb wrote:OKC has one black guy in the crowd

Russell Westbrook?

sig by http://www.turbozone.ca
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,192

Post#28 » by Tofubeque » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:18 pm

"When you're able to say something to a guy, it explains everything," said Wright. "Because we all want to win. You'll find that guy wants to win, too. He just doesn't know how to talk to you. I don't think it was a split, it was something that needed to be addressed. It's out in the open now. We'll move forward and be better for it."

d'awww

I was a little miffed by the "very little basketball stuff" comment, but it looks like this junk had to be dealt with first anyway.
props Turbozone
sump
Banned User

Post#29 » by sump » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:20 pm

Dave Feschuk = the biggest tool

His articles are always pointless and it seems like he hits the thesauras on every word he writes.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#30 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:20 pm

demar: yeah, he said something about switching, all i know is that its bargnani' fault. man i cant believe im taking a pay cut to play for the raptors when i could have been livin it up back at USC
wright: at this point of the meeting, i would like to say something- i've started on great teams and i understand what it takes to win in this league- it takes effort, dedication and starting me
marco (whispering): hey bargs, is it me or does this dude need braces? he's got a big arse gap between his teeth
bargnani: i think this guy thinks people take him seriously around here, talk to me when you hit the rim on your jumper
jarret: let me interject, i speak for both of us when i say- its bargnani's fault and i should start
reggie evans: i be sensing hate in this here locker room, we brothers from different mothers. u know i have 7 kids with 6 different mothers and they got more harmony than we do
alvin: i think he compared his kids to us or something like that, i havent been back in the hood since i left for college, im a republican now
bosh (whispers to jack): he actually speaks, i thought he was a mute all this time
banks (muses to himself): somebody should tell this cat that he never actually won a championship and he wouldnt be in the nba if it wasnt for his daddy. but then again i cant hate on bad gm's because im pimpin for life because of them
colangelo: i think we got a lot accomplished this afternoon, i think thats enough for today.
hedo (walking in all flustered): sorry i missed the meeting boyz but i did bring popcorn for everyone!!!

please post more.

Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#31 » by Phenomenologist » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:21 pm

Shaazzam wrote:Interesting. Let's see if that translates on the court. And if communication simply leads to more finger pointing.

Good pun.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User

Post#32 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:21 pm

sump wrote:Dave Feschuk = the biggest tool

His articles are always pointless and it seems like he hits the thesauras on every word he writes.

biggest tool?

You tell me who else in this town has the balls to write that article. He's the only one.

Ya it's his gimmick but at least he brings us info that otherwise wouldn't get published.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,503

Post#33 » by dagger » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:24 pm

D-Wins-RingsIMO wrote:
sump wrote:Dave Feschuk = the biggest tool

biggest tool?

You tell me who else in this town has the balls to write that article. He's the only one.

Ya it's his gimmick but at least he brings us info that otherwise wouldn't get published.

I think others would publish it, but there aren't too many writers on the road these days.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
elitehunter99
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#34 » by elitehunter99 » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like, I like!
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#35 » by J Dilla » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:26 pm

This should make the paper :rofl:
Nostradunkus
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#36 » by Nostradunkus » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:27 pm

Who knew Bargnani would be such a cancer in the locker room. Bosh needs to call him out again, infront of everyone and the cameras, not some team meating with BC there protecting hm. Bargnani needs to be held accoutnable by his teamates and coaches, and BC must let them. But all this is just a waste of time, no way should any team be giving a player like bargnani this much attention, or accomading him this much, all for a backup PF, its awaste of time. Id rather much be wasting our energy on developing players who could actually end up being a starter like Amir Johnson.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User

Post#37 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:27 pm

mey-eh maybe.

But Feschuk has carved this niche of dicing up the teams he's covering. Sure Smith and Grange have criticized in the past, but they wait till way after the smoke clears to really go against the grain .... hell Smith was saying the Sam firing was too hasty .... if there was ever a time to frontrun something that was it.
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#38 » by Live Free » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:27 pm

dagger wrote:
mad-mo wrote:I doubt it.. Jose, Hedo, Rasho are visibly interactive with everyone else.. Marco at times too. Seems like its Andrea here and not all the Euro's.. he just seems to be a quiet dude with no emotion

Nobody has "no emotion". And we've seen him display emotion. He's not the emotive type - a lot of guys are more introverted in public. But we know every team has cliques. The singles don't hang out with the marrieds, the young guys don't hang out with the older vets, etc. It's just a matter of establishing good lines of communication, which I consider part of the job of the coaching staff.

I would have liked to see this issue addressed in October, not December.

When the team went to Italy for training camp, there seemed to be good communications between the different groups, but since we have nine new guys, I don't think you can assume that they would overcome cultural differences without a little "group therapy".

yep yep, but I get the feeling it has more to do with sensivity rather than communication. I think one of the guys pointed it out in one of the other interviews about players being cautious towards calling out each other because certain players are sensitive.

If you read through Bosh's quote "Sometimes you're going to want to call somebody out if they don't rotate (on defence). Instead of calling somebody out because they didn't do their job or they're not playing hard, we kind of just kept it quiet." - out of that I automatically get the sense that he's afraid to hurt someones feelings.

I remember watching a Bargnani interview a while back and he was asked "How was your reaction to Bosh yelling at you" (refering to the golden state game as a rookie).. and Andrea replied "I was a rookie, I couldn't tell him to shut up"

not just isolating out Andrea here but I get the sense that he's who everyone is referring to (Antoine Wright mentioning Italy, and Bosh mentioning rotation). Hopefully he comes out tonight and ready to take step up to the challenge as our anchor on defense
koolguy
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#39 » by koolguy » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:28 pm

:rofl:
sump
Banned User

Post#40 » by sump » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:29 pm

ur missing 1 part of the meeting

Jose: Mish-tah Colan-yelo would you like a gatorade

Return to Toronto Raptors