ImageImageImageImageImage

Feschuk: Communication problems btwn Euros, Americans?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Re: Feschuk: Communication problems btwn Euros, Americans? 

Post#41 » by McFurious1 » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:29 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:
McFurious1 wrote:If it's going to be only the "American" players calling people out then there's going to be a recepie for disaster. The thing is players from Europe are more resvered to judge or point fingers to their teammates.

Random generalizations FTW!

I don't think I'm generalizing too much with this statement. Just look at who's been doing most of the talking? So far Jack, Wright have been doing most of the talking. We've heard a little from Bosh (which was about time) and very little from Turk. Calderon never calls out his teammates it's always about the team, and we haven’t heard from Bargnani, Marco, or Rasho.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,606

Post#42 » by StopitLeo » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:30 pm

Sojourn wrote:unofficial transcript from the meeting

team: bargnani, dude u suck!!! and same goes for u caledron!!!
caledron: guys, we're a team!!!
triano: calm down boys!!! lets look at game tape
iavoroni: yeah there were a ton of blown coverages in last nights game
pat obryant (whispers to rasho): who's the dude getting all professorial on us?
rasho: he's our defensive guru (snickering)
sonny: hey demar, this n****r done talking?
demar: yeah, he said something about switching, all i know is that its bargnani' fault. man i cant believe im taking a pay cut to play for the raptors when i could have been livin it up back at USC
wright: at this point of the meeting, i would like to say something- i've started on great teams and i understand what it takes to win in this league- it takes effort, dedication and starting me
marco (whispering): hey bargs, is it me or does this dude need braces? he's got a big arse gap between his teeth
bargnani: i think this guy thinks people take him seriously around here, talk to me when you hit the rim on your jumper
triano: chris, any thoughts?
bosh: yeah
jarret: let me interject, i speak for both of us when i say- its bargnani's fault and i should start
reggie evans: i be sensing hate in this here locker room, we brothers from different mothers. u know i have 7 kids with 6 different mothers and they got more harmony than we do
triano (whispers): alvin, dude translate- i didnt get a word he just said
alvin: i think he compared his kids to us or something like that, i havent been back in the hood since i left for college, im a republican now
alex english: gentlemen, who thinks i should be the next head coach?
bosh (whispers to jack): he actually speaks, i thought he was a mute all this time
colangelo: when i was in phoenix and i built a championship team ...
banks (muses to himself): somebody should tell this cat that he never actually won a championship and he wouldnt be in the nba if it wasnt for his daddy. but then again i cant hate on bad gm's because im pimpin for life because of them
colangelo: i think we got a lot accomplished this afternoon, i think thats enough for today.
hedo (walking in all flustered): sorry i missed the meeting boyz but i did bring popcorn for everyone!!!

Well done. :clap:
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#43 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:32 pm

McFurious1 wrote:
Rhettmatic wrote:
McFurious1 wrote:If it's going to be only the "American" players calling people out then there's going to be a recepie for disaster. The thing is players from Europe are more resvered to judge or point fingers to their teammates.

Random generalizations FTW!

I don't think I'm generalizing too much with this statement. Just look at who's been doing most of the talking? So far Jack, Wright have been doing most of the talking. We've heard a little from Bosh (which was about time) and very little from Turk. Calderon never calls out his teammates it's always about the team, and we haven’t heard from Bargnani, Marco, or Rasho.

does Bargnani talk to the media period? The guy rarely gets any quotes published in the post game stuff. Sure there will be a couple of 'articles' written during the year that are more like short interviews, but they never go to him for the soundbites.

I can't recall reading a quote from Rasho or Marco all year either.

It's the same guys talking - Wright, Jack, Bosh and Jose
teamLeiweke
Head Coach
And1: 5,019

Post#44 » by teamLeiweke » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:34 pm

demar: yeah, he said something about switching, all i know is that its bargnani' fault. man i cant believe im taking a pay cut to play for the raptors when i could have been livin it up back at USC
wright: at this point of the meeting, i would like to say something- i've started on great teams and i understand what it takes to win in this league- it takes effort, dedication and starting me
marco (whispering): hey bargs, is it me or does this dude need braces? he's got a big arse gap between his teeth
bargnani: i think this guy thinks people take him seriously around here, talk to me when you hit the rim on your jumper
jarret: let me interject, i speak for both of us when i say- its bargnani's fault and i should start
reggie evans: i be sensing hate in this here locker room, we brothers from different mothers. u know i have 7 kids with 6 different mothers and they got more harmony than we do
alvin: i think he compared his kids to us or something like that, i havent been back in the hood since i left for college, im a republican now
bosh (whispers to jack): he actually speaks, i thought he was a mute all this time
banks (muses to himself): somebody should tell this cat that he never actually won a championship and he wouldnt be in the nba if it wasnt for his daddy. but then again i cant hate on bad gm's because im pimpin for life because of them
colangelo: i think we got a lot accomplished this afternoon, i think thats enough for today.
hedo (walking in all flustered): sorry i missed the meeting boyz but i did bring popcorn for everyone!!!

GOLD!!!!!!!!
Sojourn
Pro Prospect
And1: 72

Post#45 » by Sojourn » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:35 pm

i was laughing my arse off when i wrote the rasho part. im still puzzled by the iavoroni hire as our defensive guru and if its funny to me, the guys in the locker room probably stopped listening to him a long time ago.
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#46 » by whoknows » Fri Dec 4, 2009 7:35 pm

While some players said "everybody" had the floor at some point – from Bryan Colangelo, the GM, to assistant coach Alvin Williams – among those who didn't address the team were the franchise's two highest-paid players, Chris Bosh, the captain, and Hedo Turkoglu, the $52 million off-season acquisition.

"I'm tired of talking – I've talked enough," said Bosh. "It was good for me just to hear what everybody else has to say."

good to see or not, that our franchise player had nothing to say... As Yoda would say: very motivating this leader is...
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#47 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:03 pm

That was great!
JohnnyFlame
Rookie
And1: 254

Post#48 » by JohnnyFlame » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:06 pm

Sojourn's transcript made my day. The Raptors having some love in sure did NOT. What a truly pathetic bunch this group is.
Fats Elmore
Senior
And1: 46

Post#49 » by Fats Elmore » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:09 pm

@Sojourn: How can you speak as Demar without dropping a "you know"? Tsk tsk
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#50 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:15 pm

whoknows wrote:
While some players said "everybody" had the floor at some point – from Bryan Colangelo, the GM, to assistant coach Alvin Williams – among those who didn't address the team were the franchise's two highest-paid players, Chris Bosh, the captain, and Hedo Turkoglu, the $52 million off-season acquisition.

"I'm tired of talking – I've talked enough," said Bosh. "It was good for me just to hear what everybody else has to say."

good to see or not, that our franchise player had nothing to say... As Yoda would say: very motivating this leader is...

It is funny how he didn't say anything.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Re: Feschuk: Communication problems between Euros, Americans? 

Post#51 » by YogiStewart » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:18 pm

BC4CB4 wrote:Sounds like everything's ironed out and we're off to the championships!

:lol:
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,562

Post#52 » by Brinbe » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:18 pm

Wanna see the talking when Wright screws up again (if he even sees the floor).
nikeone
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#53 » by nikeone » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:19 pm

We get a shot of the lockeroom at halftime nearly every game and every game its the same picture. Bargs and Belly in one corner, hedo and rasho in another, Jose standing in the middle with gatorade and all the african americans clogged together on the other side.

I think its sad that in this day and age racism and divide lives on, especially with professional athletes making millions of dollars most of which are african american who you would think learned a little something about racism in their past.
cage
Starter
And1: 11

Post#54 » by cage » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:19 pm

i know bargs is getting a ton of hate, but he's really the only guy i can see having "communication problems". didn't a season ticket holder once post a story about andrea isolating him self at a mlse party? i'm a quiet person to, so i'm really not hating on him, but he just doesn't seem like he fits in with the other players. guys like turk (jokes around with everyone, even lebron), rasho, marco get along with other players. jose and bosh look like best friends. i know many teams go on team-bonding trips (usually sometime prior to the season starting).. do the raptors ever do that?
cage
Starter
And1: 11

Post#55 » by cage » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:20 pm

nikeone wrote:We get a shot of the lockeroom at halftime nearly every game and every game its the same picture. Bargs and Belly in one corner, hedo and rasho in another, Jose standing in the middle with gatorade and all the african americans clogged together on the other side.

I think its sad that in this day and age racism and divide lives on, especially with professional athletes making millions of dollars most of which are african american who you would think learned a little something about racism in their past.

yeah, let's blame the players you don't like
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#56 » by YogiStewart » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:23 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:
whoknows wrote:

It is funny how he didn't say anything.

to be fair, you two cannot make these comments without knowing how much (or how little) Bosh has already said.

if he's been talking alot, then listening is the right thing to do. an effective communicator/leader knows when to talk and when to shut up and listen.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#57 » by J-Roc » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:23 pm

Told y'all. Jay knew what he was doing. Starting today, Chris Bosh is no longer the (apparently) vocal leader of the team. It's someone else. Bosh is just the scoring and rebounding leader. Bosh realizes it. And good on him. I haven't been this excited about the Raps in a long time.
Sojourn
Pro Prospect
And1: 72

Post#58 » by Sojourn » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:25 pm

mr.ra+mr.re wrote:@Sojourn: How can you speak as Demar without dropping a "you know"? Tsk tsk

missed that. i really tried to capture their tendencies and the public perception of them and at this point derozan's comes off as a little too "me first"
draft
Starter
And1: 8

Post#59 » by draft » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:26 pm

Sounds like Bargnani is causing some locker room problems.
Upgrayedd
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#60 » by Upgrayedd » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:27 pm

Well I'm happy to hear that the next time the team gives up 146 points they won't be so depressed about it.

Return to Toronto Raptors