ImageImageImageImageImage

Feschuk: Communication problems btwn Euros, Americans?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

danny-callahan
Head Coach
And1: 84

Re: Feschuk: Communication problems btwn Euros, Americans? 

Post#81 » by danny-callahan » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:52 pm

ldnk wrote:So I have discovered a few things about this Raptors team:

1 - They don't communicate
2 - Apparently Wright and the other "Americans" think the Euros have cooties, or are just in a different social circle apparently. Bottom line, I think Antoine got confused when those cameras were following Bosh around for that documentary and thought he had been cast in High School Musical 47 or some garbage like that.
3 - Antoine Wright is not a team player. This is the second time in 2 days that he has run his mouth off about team business to the media. No wonder we got him for Devean George.

:dontknow:

So anyways...I guess we should just cut Wright and then its off to the finals.
RealGood
Pro Prospect
And1: 14

Post#82 » by RealGood » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:56 pm

I’m not buying this high school drama stuff that some of you guys are throwing around here.

Chemistry is very important, and the level of diversity on this team is historic in itself. So it’s not assinine to think that there is some correlation between players being not being able to effectively communicate with eachother, and having the ability to play defense - something that requires you to effectively communicate at a high level. It’s a serious issue, so I’m not sure why you guys are labelling them as ‘girls’ for talking about their issues. This has been the elephant in the room for sometime, and its finally come out, and I think it was really crucial to deal with. Yes it took Triano way too long to act on it, but out of all the ways to go about tackling this issue, I think this was probably the best way to do it. I’m not sure what impact it will have, but I think this was a lot more effective than having speeches about trying harder to the media. Line-up changes and substitution patterns would have probably served them well, but may have never of gotten to the root of the problem.

This was a ballsy way to go about things. My only beef is that a main topic addressed in the meeting was the recent tendency of players to air their grievances to the media, yet, you have every guy on the team giving quotes to the media right after the meeting. If anything, that’s not a great sign that this meeting had any effect on anyone. We shall see.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,953

Post#83 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:56 pm

J-Roc wrote:Told y'all. Jay knew what he was doing. Starting today, Chris Bosh is no longer the (apparently) vocal leader of the team. It's someone else. Bosh is just the scoring and rebounding leader. Bosh realizes it. And good on him. I haven't been this excited about the Raps in a long time.

You were right but who's vocal leader now? If Jack starts tonight I assume it would be him.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
RapsFanInVA
Head Coach
And1: 2,100

Post#84 » by RapsFanInVA » Fri Dec 4, 2009 8:58 pm

:hug: = victory tonight
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#85 » by lucky777s » Fri Dec 4, 2009 9:03 pm

RealGood wrote:I’m not buying this high school drama stuff that some of you guys are throwing around here.

Chemistry is very important, and the level of diversity on this team is historic in itself. So it’s not assinine to think that there is some correlation between players being not being able to effectively communicate with eachother, and having the ability to play defense - something that requires you to effectively communicate at a high level. It’s a serious issue, so I’m not sure why you guys are labelling them as ‘girls’ for talking about their issues. .

Dude, they are not talking about their basketball issues at all. They are talking about their 'feelings' and not being comfortable sharing.

They are talking about talking for christ's sake. They should be talking about god damn rotations and responsibilities.

How bloody weak minded are these guys that this even became an 'issue'. Where is the leadership? According to Bosh they talk all the time. He obviously heard nothing new today as he was not even motivated to join in or say something positive happened.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#86 » by J-Roc » Fri Dec 4, 2009 9:06 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
J-Roc wrote:Told y'all. Jay knew what he was doing. Starting today, Chris Bosh is no longer the (apparently) vocal leader of the team. It's someone else. Bosh is just the scoring and rebounding leader. Bosh realizes it. And good on him. I haven't been this excited about the Raps in a long time.

You were right but who's vocal leader now? If Jack starts tonight I assume it would be him.

I don't think it's a problem for the leader to be a bench guy, as long as it's a legit rotation guy. Jack is definitely one of those guys. And I think we need to get more time for Wright, even if it means less Hedo. And then it's up to him, his coach and of course his teammates to control him from trying to do too much with the ball. Don't get me wrong, I didn't even like obtaining Antoine Wright, but think back now to how he gave up minutes earlier in the season because it was best for the team. The guy knows how it's supposed to work.
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#87 » by whoknows » Fri Dec 4, 2009 9:09 pm

J-Roc wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

I don't think it's a problem for the leader to be a bench guy, as long as it's a legit rotation guy. Jack is definitely one of those guys. And I think we need to get more time for Wright, even if it means less Hedo. And then it's up to him, his coach and of course his teammates to control him from trying to do too much with the ball. Don't get me wrong, I didn't even like obtaining Antoine Wright, but think back now to how he gave up minutes earlier in the season because it was best for the team. The guy knows how it's supposed to work.

I would not be surprised if AW gets to ride the pine until next trade....
jrsmith
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#88 » by jrsmith » Fri Dec 4, 2009 9:14 pm

I strongly doubt jose, and especially hedo and rasho have any problems lol.

Bargnani fails
Canucklehead
Veteran
And1: 23

Post#89 » by Canucklehead » Fri Dec 4, 2009 9:16 pm

While references to high school musical type drama is funny I've often thought hey maybe these guys should be having some team dinners together hell go paint balling together go for drinks once in awhile maybe that's what the freeze tag at practice was all about which hasn't appeared to work but it could have been the idea. Or maybe MLSE should hire some fake thugs to attack them just after practice or better yet a loss and make them learn to fight for each other.
Paperclip
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#90 » by Paperclip » Fri Dec 4, 2009 9:19 pm

nikeone wrote:We get a shot of the lockeroom at halftime nearly every game and every game its the same picture. Bargs and Belly in one corner, hedo and rasho in another, Jose standing in the middle with gatorade and all the african americans clogged together on the other side.

I think its sad that in this day and age racism and divide lives on, especially with professional athletes making millions of dollars most of which are african american who you would think learned a little something about racism in their past.

Dude just shut up.

I don`t even want to know how you came to that conclusion with our team.
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,880

Post#91 » by seanbig » Fri Dec 4, 2009 9:26 pm

Sojourn wrote:unofficial transcript from the meeting

team: bargnani, dude u suck!!! and same goes for u caledron!!!
caledron: guys, we're a team!!!
triano: calm down boys!!! lets look at game tape
iavoroni: yeah there were a ton of blown coverages in last nights game
pat obryant (whispers to rasho): who's the dude getting all professorial on us?
rasho: he's our defensive guru (snickering)
sonny: hey demar, this n****r done talking?
demar: yeah, he said something about switching, all i know is that its bargnani' fault. man i cant believe im taking a pay cut to play for the raptors when i could have been livin it up back at USC
wright: at this point of the meeting, i would like to say something- i've started on great teams and i understand what it takes to win in this league- it takes effort, dedication and starting me
marco (whispering): hey bargs, is it me or does this dude need braces? he's got a big arse gap between his teeth
bargnani: i think this guy thinks people take him seriously around here, talk to me when you hit the rim on your jumper
triano: chris, any thoughts?
bosh: yeah
jarret: let me interject, i speak for both of us when i say- its bargnani's fault and i should start
reggie evans: i be sensing hate in this here locker room, we brothers from different mothers. u know i have 7 kids with 6 different mothers and they got more harmony than we do
triano (whispers): alvin, dude translate- i didnt get a word he just said
alvin: i think he compared his kids to us or something like that, i havent been back in the hood since i left for college, im a republican now
alex english: gentlemen, who thinks i should be the next head coach?
bosh (whispers to jack): he actually speaks, i thought he was a mute all this time
colangelo: when i was in phoenix and i built a championship team ...
banks (muses to himself): somebody should tell this cat that he never actually won a championship and he wouldnt be in the nba if it wasnt for his daddy. but then again i cant hate on bad gm's because im pimpin for life because of them
colangelo: i think we got a lot accomplished this afternoon, i think thats enough for today.
hedo (walking in all flustered): sorry i missed the meeting boyz but i did bring popcorn for everyone!!!

This needs to be made into a comic strip and would be classic...We used to have these all the times when our team used to suck in the 05-06 season and I guess we are back in the cellar soon.
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,562

Post#92 » by Harry Palmer » Fri Dec 4, 2009 9:32 pm

I actually didn't like most of sojorn's sketch, but 2 lines had me genuinely lol'ing:

caledron: guys, we're a team!!!

and especially:

triano: chris, any thoughts?
bosh: yeah

LOL. I actually think the last one would have been better left alone, without Jack's interjction. Just the 'yeah' and all the things unsaid...
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
3ptchucker
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#93 » by 3ptchucker » Fri Dec 4, 2009 9:33 pm

whoknows wrote:I would not be surprised if AW gets to ride the pine until next trade....

That selfish scrub publicy showed no respect for his coach and his teammates only because he can't accept his role. He deserves to ride the pine until is contract is over.
Mo' shats! - Let's NBA! - Stop the madness! - Ball.
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,838

Post#94 » by Live Free » Fri Dec 4, 2009 9:41 pm

3ptchucker wrote:
whoknows wrote:I would not be surprised if AW gets to ride the pine until next trade....

That selfish scrub publicy showed no respect for his coach and his teammates only because he can't accept his role. He deserves to ride the pine until is contract is over.

says the guy with the Calderon avatar..

I'm glad you feel no one should be called out for this teams defensive performance.. For you I guess its ok that Bargnani constantly blows defensive rotations and doesn't grab rebounds..
Superboy316KING
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#95 » by Superboy316KING » Fri Dec 4, 2009 9:43 pm

3ptchucker wrote:

okay i guess because he called out the euros..he must be "selfish". Besides he wasn't the only one to speak out and i'm glad he did
elitehunter99
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#96 » by elitehunter99 » Fri Dec 4, 2009 9:43 pm

hold your horses......

NEVER EVER HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR THE TORONTO RAPTORS..... Many ppl on this board have learnt that the hard way.....
cage
Starter
And1: 11

Post#97 » by cage » Fri Dec 4, 2009 9:48 pm

i hope wright doesn't get glued to the bench over this crap. maybe this was a problem last season too? someone had to speak out about it
vado
Analyst
And1: 2,172

Post#98 » by vado » Fri Dec 4, 2009 10:03 pm

I think Bargnani doesn't communicate with Wright and DeRozan or vice versa. Just an impression from on court situations but he seems to get a long with Jack and Amir fine.
quickymgee
Rookie
And1: 48

Post#99 » by quickymgee » Fri Dec 4, 2009 11:42 pm

Canucklehead wrote:While references to high school musical type drama is funny I've often thought hey maybe these guys should be having some team dinners together hell go paint balling together go for drinks once in awhile maybe that's what the freeze tag at practice was all about which hasn't appeared to work but it could have been the idea. Or maybe MLSE should hire some fake thugs to attack them just after practice or better yet a loss and make them learn to fight for each other.

that would be SO AWESOME!

man, imagine if they secretly film it with raptors tv production values as well that would be so epic. it would bring back reality television in a big big way.

hopefully they don't bring out ashton at the end because he'd get the crap beaten out of him
Canada_7
General Manager
And1: 2,486

Post#100 » by Canada_7 » Sat Dec 5, 2009 12:03 am

I too would be scared to talk or have trouble talking properly in front of the greatness of Rasho.

Return to Toronto Raptors