ImageImageImageImageImage

Chad Ford Raps tidbit

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

jydfan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Chad Ford Raps tidbit 

Post#1 » by jydfan » Tue Jan 5, 2010 6:22 pm

Todd (Lexington, Tn)

The Raptors seem to be playing better as of late does that mean Bosh is staying put at the trade deadline?
Chad Ford
(1:15 PM)

I don't think it means that at all -- though I'm sure their recent success helps. Unless the Raptors are legit contenders, I don't see Bosh sticking around. The Raptors are another team I think will be very active at the trade deadline. I think they'll try to see if they can swap Calderon for a starting two guard.

I'm still not convinced Bosh is a goner, but Ford seems to think so.
CarpetMan500
Junior
And1: 55

Re: Chad Ford Raps tidbit 

Post#2 » by CarpetMan500 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 6:27 pm

jydfan wrote:
Todd (Lexington, Tn)

The Raptors seem to be playing better as of late does that mean Bosh is staying put at the trade deadline?
Chad Ford
(1:15 PM)

I don't think it means that at all -- though I'm sure their recent success helps. Unless the Raptors are legit contenders, I don't see Bosh sticking around. The Raptors are another team I think will be very active at the trade deadline. I think they'll try to see if they can swap Calderon for a starting two guard.

I'm still not convinced Bosh is a goner, but Ford seems to think so.

ya and Stein thinks he's staying, or at least he did in November. Truth is they don't have a clue. Just like any of us.
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#3 » by inrapscity » Tue Jan 5, 2010 6:29 pm

meh. we will see.
Tdot-Ital
Ballboy

Post#4 » by Tdot-Ital » Tue Jan 5, 2010 6:30 pm

He will not leave, I think the dude truly loves Toronto and wants to help this team be great.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#5 » by tylrrr » Tue Jan 5, 2010 6:37 pm

jydfan wrote:I'm still not convinced Bosh is a goner, but Ford seems to think so.

Yeah, but this is the same Chad Ford who convinced everyone that Darko Milicic was a white Wilt Chamberlain.
Miles Boyer
Freshman

Post#6 » by Miles Boyer » Tue Jan 5, 2010 6:37 pm

My prediction is that he definitely won't be traded during the year and if the Raps make the playoffs and are somewhat competitive in the first round, he's staying. All the subtle indications point to him liking Toronto, wanting to be a franchise guy, admiring loyalty.......if they don't make the playoffs it would be too embarrassing for him to stay, whether he wanted to or not. Chad Ford doesn't know any more than the average Toronto fan with regards to this matter. His prediction is no better than yours or mine.
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#7 » by TheDunc » Tue Jan 5, 2010 6:44 pm

bosh definetely wont be traded. If bosh is gone its because he chose to leave
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,478

Post#8 » by Brinbe » Tue Jan 5, 2010 6:46 pm

Ford is an idiot, we have a better gauge on these matters than he does.
Tdot-Ital
Ballboy

Post#9 » by Tdot-Ital » Tue Jan 5, 2010 6:49 pm

In the end it comes down to winning. If this team can show steps in the right direction he will stay. If they show that the future looks crappy, then why would he want to stay. On the other hand which teams have the space to sign him? Those teams might be in worse shape than the Raps, even if they stink it up in the playoffs
So Clutch
Starter
And1: 178

Post#10 » by So Clutch » Tue Jan 5, 2010 7:24 pm

Brinbe wrote:Ford is an idiot, we have a better gauge on these matters than he does.

lol espn just flip flops all the time whenever the hell they want

articles come out about Bosh enjoying Toronto --> ESPN: Oh Bosh actually might stay

we start the season a bit weak --> Bosh is gone definitely unless Raps become contender

we whine about jose and have success with jack --> Chad Ford: they're gonna trade Jose
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#11 » by timdunkit » Tue Jan 5, 2010 7:25 pm

Contender? That bar is too high across everyones list ... But this team is young and thats what BC has to sell to Bosh. We are closer to being a good team (maybe not a contender but an annual 47-52 win team and possible second round) then we think. If we have a good finish and a strong playoff performance, I can see Bosh reupping. I think he will explore free agency but come back and to Toronto. If things don't work out, he could easily ask for a trade and I am quite sure BC would comply ...
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#12 » by Rhettmatic » Tue Jan 5, 2010 7:26 pm

If this was Marc Stein, Chris Broussard or Chris Sheridan -- or really, anyone with, y'know, actual sources -- I might be slightly perturbed. Chad Ford is a joke.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#13 » by Gold Chain » Tue Jan 5, 2010 7:28 pm

Bosh re-signs here, barring something huge.

These guys are sure of something that is not true.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#14 » by gerrit4 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 7:35 pm

So Clutch wrote:
Brinbe wrote:Ford is an idiot, we have a better gauge on these matters than he does.

lol espn just flip flops all the time whenever the hell they want

articles come out about Bosh enjoying Toronto --> ESPN: Oh Bosh actually might stay

we start the season a bit weak --> Bosh is gone definitely unless Raps become contender

we whine about jose and have success with jack --> Chad Ford: they're gonna trade Jose

Well, those are all from articles by different writers. Marc Stein has different sources that Rich Bucher who has different sources than Chad Ford etc. If they all shared the same opinions, I wouldn't go to the site.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#15 » by dagger » Tue Jan 5, 2010 7:46 pm

Ford's sources are heavily focussed on the draft. He lives in Hawaii now and doesn't actually get down to watch many games, so unlike Stein or Sheridan - the latter a little too much of a shill for the Knicks - he doesn't get into many locker rooms or talk in person with coaches and general managers. Since most GMs are reluctant to put strong opinions into writing, which is what a text message is, I suspect Ford is largely reduced to a list of unnamed sources he may or may not speak to over the phone.

On draft issues, I suspect agents and college coaches and the like seek him out to promote their clients/players. And GMs use him to launch their smokescreens. But on whether Chris Bosh is staying or going, I don't believe Ford has any more insight than the average writer on Bleacher Report. And that's because I don't think anything is a done deal with Bosh in his own mind.

By the way, it was below freezing this morning in Orlando. Coldest day in Miami in a decade. Guess Chris got to walk around in a T-shirt and get used to those wonderful Florida winters.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,975

Post#16 » by MEDIC » Tue Jan 5, 2010 7:48 pm

The schedule gets so much easier from here on in. No way Bosh gets traded this season.

Ford has no clue........or he wasn't answering the question as it was stated.....
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#17 » by J-Roc » Tue Jan 5, 2010 7:52 pm

He has an opinion. He thinks Bosh will want to leave if this team is just the way it is now. First round fodder for the good teams. Think about that thread yesterday, who would we want to face in the first round. Most picked Atlanta, a team that's whipped us this year.

I think we all expected Bosh would want to leave if that's all the Raps were this year. But since we started so bad, and are seeing some improvement relative to that bad start, now we think Bosh will be happy with the status quo.
darew9392
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#18 » by darew9392 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 8:02 pm

dagger wrote:Ford's sources are heavily focussed on the draft. He lives in Hawaii now and doesn't actually get down to watch many games, so unlike Stein or Sheridan - the latter a little too much of a shill for the Knicks - he doesn't get into many locker rooms or talk in person with coaches and general managers. Since most GMs are reluctant to put strong opinions into writing, which is what a text message is, I suspect Ford is largely reduced to a list of unnamed sources he may or may not speak to over the phone.

On draft issues, I suspect agents and college coaches and the like seek him out to promote their clients/players. And GMs use him to launch their smokescreens. But on whether Chris Bosh is staying or going, I don't believe Ford has any more insight than the average writer on Bleacher Report. And that's because I don't think anything is a done deal with Bosh in his own mind.

By the way, it was below freezing this morning in Orlando. Coldest day in Miami in a decade. Guess Chris got to walk around in a T-shirt and get used to those wonderful Florida winters.

just what i was going to say, he is a bit out of touch
dirtybird
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by dirtybird » Tue Jan 5, 2010 8:32 pm

tylrrr wrote:
jydfan wrote:I'm still not convinced Bosh is a goner, but Ford seems to think so.

Yeah, but this is the same Chad Ford who convinced everyone that Darko Milicic was a white Wilt Chamberlain.

I don't want to defend Chad Ford, but in this case I will. There's a difference between relaying what scouts are saying on a particular player and the validity of rumours derived from sources. Fans in general are too much of homers and can't take any type of bad stuff regarding the team they cheer and go into some type of siege mentality. So people are geniuses if they saying something nice or idiots if they say something critical. People are entitled to their opinions and let them express. Time will tell who is right.
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#20 » by Mattd97 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 8:41 pm

um if we trade bosh, wed be semi-rebuilding no? so then why trade for a starting 2, where our 'future star' demar derozan plays? wouldnt they go for a big man or two. or a young pg.
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23

Return to Toronto Raptors