ImageImageImageImageImage

Realistic Attainable Players At The Deadline For Raptors

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Meursault
Starter
And1: 1,037

Re: Realistic Attainable Players At The Deadline For Raptors 

Post#21 » by Meursault » Tue Jan 5, 2010 10:48 pm

my dream would be to trade for marcus camby after i discover the elixir of life so that he can be part of the Raptors' 3-man big rotation for the next 5 seasons. total domination with bosh-camby-bargnani.
pharring
Sixth Man
And1: 352

Post#22 » by pharring » Tue Jan 5, 2010 10:50 pm

BryceMaxJames wrote:How many 30plus players to we need on this team making over 10 mill, and on the decline of their career?

Enough to beat the Celtics, Cavs, Magic, Hawks and Heat in the next few years.
Unless you think the Young Guns are ready for prime time.
BryceMaxJames
Bench Warmer
And1: 382

Post#23 » by BryceMaxJames » Tue Jan 5, 2010 10:54 pm

pharring wrote:
BryceMaxJames wrote:How many 30plus players to we need on this team making over 10 mill, and on the decline of their career?

Enough to beat the Celtics, Cavs, Magic, Hawks and Heat in the next few years.
Unless you think the Young Guns are ready for prime time.

And Hamilton is supposed to put us over all the above teams? Do u even watch Basketball? What about resigning Bosh? WHEN it doesn't work then we are finacially strapped for 4yrs.
McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Post#24 » by McFurious1 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 10:58 pm

We need to grab a legitimate SG
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#25 » by Reignman » Tue Jan 5, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm hoping we can somehow turn Jose into Caron Butler. Most likely a third team is needed but that's what I'd hope for. Butler is having an off year but we've seen him long enough to know what kind of player he is. Also, he only has one more year after this one, just in time for DD to take over the starting spot. Also, who would be a better mentor for DD than the guy he might become one day.

Jack
Butler
Hedo
Bosh
Bargs

That's a pretty good starting 5 and it would be awesome to have a seasoned perimeter defender to take on the stars of the league.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#26 » by zilby » Tue Jan 5, 2010 11:05 pm

Nolan wrote:Calderon for Felton straight up. Calderon gives the Bobcats some much needed outside shooting, a solid distributor and he fits their half court style of play. Charlotte's basically given up on Felton, but I think he could work here and if he doesn't he expires at season's end anyway.

for some reason, i agree.

then we wont sign wright and re-sign bosh with their money plus what we saved in the calderon deal.

have banks as backup and sign a backup 3 with the MLE.

i can only dream.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#27 » by The_Hater » Tue Jan 5, 2010 11:06 pm

What do any of the suggestions in the OP really gain us?

This team either makes a blockbuster and goes 'all-in' for a star Guard or star Center (or both) or they'll just be left as 1st round fodder no matter who they add.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Meursault
Starter
And1: 1,037

Post#28 » by Meursault » Tue Jan 5, 2010 11:08 pm

The_Hater wrote:What do any of the suggestions in the OP really gain us?

This team either makes a blockbuster and goes 'all-in' for a star Guard or star Center (or both) or they'll just be left as 1st round fodder no matter who they add.

these are the words that i've always wanted to say,
they just always came out garbled
whenever i tried.
Hobo Gonzolez
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#29 » by Hobo Gonzolez » Tue Jan 5, 2010 11:09 pm

The_Hater wrote:What do any of the suggestions in the OP really gain us?

I was assuming that he wanted us to dump our garbage(Calderon, Turkoglu, Evans, Banks) for these players.
pharring
Sixth Man
And1: 352

Post#30 » by pharring » Tue Jan 5, 2010 11:19 pm

BryceMaxJames wrote:And Hamilton is supposed to put us over all the above teams? Do u even watch Basketball? What about resigning Bosh? WHEN it doesn't work then we are finacially strapped for 4yrs.

You serious?

1) It would put us closer than we are now, and isn't that the point?
2) Yes. Obviously.
3) Trading for Hamilton in no way affects our ability to resign Bosh. Calderon ain't making peanuts, btw.
4) OK Nostradamus. Riddle me this... which NBA team is NOT financially strapped for multiple years? Last time I checked, almost every successful team in the league is over not just the cap, but the tax line as well.

If you don't like Hamilton as a player, fine. But don't be an idiot about it.
CapeCrusader
General Manager
And1: 92

Post#31 » by CapeCrusader » Tue Jan 5, 2010 11:20 pm

With the pattern going right now that if your not doing anything for us you'll be moved. I'll be surprised if Jose isn't dealt by deadline, my only request is Hedo goes with him.
B*TCH ! You Weren't With Me Shooting At The Gym!
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#32 » by The_Hater » Tue Jan 5, 2010 11:32 pm

CapeCrusader wrote:With the pattern going right now that if your not doing anything for us you'll be moved. I'll be surprised if Jose isn't dealt by deadline, my only request is Hedo goes with him.

Our overpaid starting Center who doesn't rebound and rarely plays defense is probably the biggest problem of the 3. I'd like to see all 3 of them moved but I'd settle for Calderon and Bargnani.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
BryceMaxJames
Bench Warmer
And1: 382

Post#33 » by BryceMaxJames » Tue Jan 5, 2010 11:33 pm

pharring wrote:
BryceMaxJames wrote:And Hamilton is supposed to put us over all the above teams? Do u even watch Basketball? What about resigning Bosh? WHEN it doesn't work then we are finacially strapped for 4yrs.

You serious?

1) It would put us closer than we are now, and isn't that the point?
2) Yes. Obviously.
3) Trading for Hamilton in no way affects our ability to resign Bosh. Calderon ain't making peanuts, btw.
4) OK Nostradamus. Riddle me this... which NBA team is NOT financially strapped for multiple years? Last time I checked, almost every successful team in the league is over not just the cap, but the tax line as well.

If you don't like Hamilton as a player, fine. But don't be an idiot about it.

1) he isn't doin much for detroit now.
2) I don't think signing RH will make Bosh wanna resign, so if he leaves, where does that leave us? I don't think we should go after a quick fix. If we go after a SG he should be younger.
3) Tell me this JOKER, how happy are u with the Turk signing. Now u want two awful contracts that will strap us down for years to come while all the teams are going younger?
4) I actually like Hamilton as a player. I'm just smarter than u.

now go sit and think of something else dumb to say, seems your very good at that.
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#34 » by Reignman » Tue Jan 5, 2010 11:33 pm

The_Hater wrote:
CapeCrusader wrote:With the pattern going right now that if your not doing anything for us you'll be moved. I'll be surprised if Jose isn't dealt by deadline, my only request is Hedo goes with him.

Our overpaid starting Center who doesn't rebound and rarely plays defense is probably the biggest problem of the 3. I'd like to see all 3 of them moved but I'd settle for Calderon and Bargnani.

Same here.
rcaste
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#35 » by rcaste » Tue Jan 5, 2010 11:46 pm

Hobo Gonzolez wrote:I don't think Atlanta is looking to move Crawford. He is playing well for them.
Also, you are aware that Mohammed+Law suck.

Dude.. who is that in your avatar? And what movie was that from?

Personally, I would prefer some expirings as opposed to a long term contract. The Lakers seem ideal to deal with.
dinosaur_dan
Pro Prospect
And1: 30

Post#36 » by dinosaur_dan » Tue Jan 5, 2010 11:48 pm

Rip Hamilton:
3× NBA All-Star
NCAA Final Four Most Outstanding Player
1× NBA Champion
3× All-NBA Second Team

vs.

Demar DeRozan.

Which player would you rather have as our starting 2? Not a tough choice.

Hamilton's team is on the downswing right now. Give him a change of scenery and a taste of success, and he's got a couple good seasons in him yet. He's 31, not 35. Look at Ray Allen - still a dominant player. Besides, DeRozan and Weems could develop quite nicely with Hamilton here to mentor them.
vancityballer
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#37 » by vancityballer » Wed Jan 6, 2010 12:05 am

dillio wrote:Calderon + Bargnani for Iggy + Brand

Bosh
Brand
Hedo
Iggy
Jack

= win

Pros:
- We get a scoring wing in Iguodala

Cons:
- Brand (bad contract, undersized, might take away Bosh's space)

Hmm... maybe it's not a win

WTF? Have you seen a 76ers game this year at all? They suck and these two aren't exactly lighting it up. I like Iggy fine, but Brand is on the downside and hasn't shown anything in his time on the floor, thus his splintered ass finding time on the bench. Epic fail. Keep Bargs, trade dillio to the 76ers board.
The more posts of yours I read, the dumber I get
Hobo Gonzolez
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#38 » by Hobo Gonzolez » Wed Jan 6, 2010 12:13 am

rcaste wrote:
Hobo Gonzolez wrote:I don't think Atlanta is looking to move Crawford. He is playing well for them.
Also, you are aware that Mohammed+Law suck.

Dude.. who is that in your avatar? And what movie was that from?

Personally, I would prefer some expirings as opposed to a long term contract. The Lakers seem ideal to deal with.

Its Lindsay Lohan. I dunno what movie it's from, I just found this gif online. I would appreciate someone telling me what movie it is from as well.
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#39 » by Komodo » Wed Jan 6, 2010 12:19 am

The Lakers are the best fit for Calderon for 4 reasons

1) Obvious - LA is badly in need of a capable PG. Fisher has fallen off the map, and Farmar is more of a SG than a PG.

2) Jose's shooting prowess fits perfectly into LA's triangle offense. He can bring the ball up the court, hand it to Kobe, and be ready to stick the open jumper.

3) He'll be playing with Kobe, Artest, Gasol, and Bynum, so defense is nowhere near as big an issue as it is here.

4) The Gasol factor. Pau and Jose and extremely familiar with each other, practically brothers. Jose would make a smooth transition into the Lakers identity.

Plus, they have quite a few pieces that would interest us, mostly in cap relief, and can be mixed and matched until we find a fit (Walton, Morrison, Brown, Farmar, Vujacic). Fisher is a $5 mil expiring, but he's staying put for obvious reasons.

Salaries:

Vujacic - 2 years remaining - $5 mil this year and $5.48 mil next year. He's currently averaging 2 points in 8 minutes, and he's perfectly healthy.

Walton - 4 years and $22 mil remaining. Do not want, but may have to settle. Last resort option to make trade work.

Morrison - 2 years remaining - $5.25 this year, and $6.9 mil next year (which we can choose to Not Qualify, making him a UFA). Yes, he's a turd.

Brown - 2 years - $1.99 this year and $2.15 next year. Not a bad player.

Farmar - 2 years - $1.95 this year and $2.85 next year, with the second year requiring a qualifying offers, same as Morrison.

The Lakers make so much sense it's not even funny.
vancityballer
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#40 » by vancityballer » Wed Jan 6, 2010 12:32 am

komodo19 wrote:The Lakers are the best fit for Calderon for 3 reasons

1) Obvious - LA is badly in need of a capable PG. Fisher has fallen off the map, and Farmar is more of a SG than a PG.

2) Jose's shooting prowess fits perfectly into LA's triangle offense. He can bring the ball up the court, hand it to Kobe, and be ready to stick the open jumper.

3) He'll be playing with Kobe, Artest, Gasol, and Bynum, so defense is nowhere near as big an issue as it is here.

4) The Gasol factor. Pau and Jose and extremely familiar with each other, practically brothers. Jose would make a smooth transition into the Lakers identity.

Plus, they have quite a few pieces that would interest us, mostly in cap relief, and can be mixed and matched until we find a fit (Walton, Morrison, Brown, Farmar, Vujacic). Fisher is a $5 mil expiring, but he's staying put for obvious reasons.

Salaries:

Vujacic - 2 years remaining - $5 mil this year and $5.48 mil next year. He's currently averaging 2 points in 8 minutes, and he's perfectly healthy.

Walton - 4 years and $22 mil remaining. Do not want, but may have to settle. Last resort option to make trade work.

Morrison - 2 years remaining - $5.25 this year, and $6.9 mil next year (which we can choose to Not Qualify, making him a UFA). Yes, he's a turd.

Brown - 2 years - $1.99 this year and $2.15 next year. Not a bad player.

Farmar - 2 years - $1.95 this year and $2.85 next year, with the second year requiring a qualifying offers, same as Morrison.

The Lakers make so much sense it's not even funny.

Caldy fits well into the Lake Show, but they suck as a potential trade partner if you are looking at a combination of those players. Brown is the only one remotely interesting. There's nothing there unless we make something bigger happen and it's a no go to them as they have 5 untouchables- Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Artest and Odom (questionable but knows the system well and really doesn't fit in Toronto anyways) who would have to be part of anything bigger.
The more posts of yours I read, the dumber I get

Return to Toronto Raptors