ImageImageImageImageImage

*INSIDE SCOOP*

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Chosen_One23
Banned User
And1: 0

*INSIDE SCOOP* 

Post#1 » by Chosen_One23 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:35 pm

I wanted to check how legit the Butler to Toronto rumour was..so I called up a source of mine (willing to provide justification to the mods) to ask about the trade rumour. Apparently there is nothing close to being done. BC does not want to give up Amir at any cost and is willing to trade Jose to make Turkoglu more effective. He said that the chances of T.O landing K-Mart are slim to done. However, Butler trade rumours are legit and T.O & Wash are discussing a trade (however nothing is close to being done--and if we do make a trade--it'll be near the deadline)

As of right now something like this trade is being offered:
Jose/Rasho/Wright/2nd round pick

for

Butler/Boykins/Deshawn Stevenson
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Re: *INSIDE SCOOP* 

Post#2 » by Young_Buc » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:37 pm

No Amir is what I like to hear!

I guess the other guy was right.
Chosen_One23
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Chosen_One23 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:38 pm

I dont see how Butler will help this team with Turk here. If anything he'll hinder DD's development and Weems & Belinelli wont get enough minutes
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,682

Post#4 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:39 pm

I really can't buy into this rumour because Amir is what is holding it back. If the plan is to keep Bosh long term, Amir is a bench player at best. On top of that, Washington have similar hustle bigs like Blatche and McGee. Why their fascination of Amir? The only thing I can buy into is BC holding onto Amir because he is insurance in case Bosh leaves
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
hoop_head
RealGM
And1: 2,235

Post#5 » by hoop_head » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Amir is a value at his salary, and seems to be finding his NBA legs with the Raps. I would not include him in a trade unless it was vital to the trade, and the must-have nature of the incoming player.
Zarko
Veteran
And1: 208

Post#6 » by Zarko » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Chosen_One23 wrote:I dont see how Butler will help this team with Turk here. If anything he'll hinder DD's development and Weems & Belinelli wont get enough minutes

For an all star calibre SG? I'm down.

DD will get more then enough minutes backing up the 2 & the 3, who cares about weems and belli if were taking the next step...
The iL MaGo Era BEGINS
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,038

Post#7 » by Schad » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:40 pm

PMed you an email address to send source; not doubting you, we just have a rich history of false rumours.
**** your asterisk.

Return to Toronto Raptors