ImageImageImageImageImage

Bosh on Hedo this morning

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

basketball420
Head Coach
And1: 461

Bosh on Hedo this morning 

Post#1 » by basketball420 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:50 pm

Not sure if anyone heard this but ..this morning Bosh, Jose and Jay were asked about Hedo's struggles ...Jay and Jose seemed supportive but Bosh clearly seems as frustrated as everyone else...he said the fact of the matter is he just has to perform and we can support him all we want but he has to start performing on the floor...it isn't huge but I heard behond closed doors Bosh is very frustrated with Turkoglu's lack of effort on a nightly basis

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... z0dNDVXrsn

"You just have to perform, pretty much," Bosh said Friday morning as the Raptors prepared to play the Milwaukee Bucks. "That's what it comes down to. We can say all the encouraging words we want to, but the fact of the matter is, as harsh as it sounds, you just have to perform."

"[The fans] can be pretty harsh, but they don't just get on you if you have one bad game. It takes a while. You just have to produce. And I think he has it in him. He just has to keep playing and believe in himself. We believe in him."

Just edited to add in the article that Dagger posted. - Rhett
Helloooo
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Re: Bosh on Hedo this morning 

Post#2 » by Lionel Messi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Well duh...Bosh has put in tons of effort all year and carried us and hedo stands in the corner with his hands on his hips during the most important defensive possession of the game? Gimme a break.
peteyjones13
Analyst
And1: 357

Post#3 » by peteyjones13 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:57 pm

I love that Bosh feels this way.
The problem, I'm not sure Bosh realized this though, is that Turk is just not that good.
He consistently shoots a low percentage every year, plays poor defence, and is turnover prone. I'm not sure what Bosh is expecting.
I hope JT gets a thought in his brain at some point and starts playing Hedo less minutes.
tradedmascot_14
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by tradedmascot_14 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 pm

I didn't hear that, but it is not that suprising. Hedo has reached a point in his carreer where his physical prime is behind him, and he has to get serious and put in the work if he wants to maintain his effectiveness. So far he is giving the impression that he is happy just cashing his paycheques and if I was on his team, I would be getting upset too.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#5 » by dagger » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:03 pm

2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,561

Post#6 » by DG88 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:03 pm

basketball420 wrote:Not sure if anyone heard this but ..this morning Bosh, Jose and Jay were asked about Hedo's struggles ...Jay and Jose seemed supportive but Bosh clearly seems as frustrated as everyone else...he said the fact of the matter is he just has to perform and we can support him all we want but he has to start performing on the floor...it isn't huge but I heard behond closed doors Bosh is very frustrated with Turkoglu's lack of effort on a nightly basis

I'm guessing this was on the Fan 590?

edit: thanks dagger
Jose_Matador
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#7 » by Jose_Matador » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:11 pm

The Bucks game was embarassing to Raptors fans, not our overall team performance, but Hedo by him self...ESPN and the SCORE actually showed clips of Hedo not getting back on d, slouching over on key possesions etc....ugh.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,561

Post#8 » by DG88 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Jose_Matador wrote:The Bucks game was embarassing to Raptors fans, not our overall team performance, but Hedo by him self...ESPN and the SCORE actually showed clips of Hedo not getting back on d, slouching over on key possesions etc....ugh.

It's very disappointing to see that from a player. Especially one who carried his team to the finals. :nonono: It's about time Bosh said something about the matter. It's a shame since Bosh was the one who petitioned for Hedo to come to Toronto.
dawn_wan
Veteran
And1: 612

Post#9 » by dawn_wan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:16 pm

oh the kid grew a pair and now he's shaking people down. hah.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#10 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:18 pm

DG88 wrote:
Jose_Matador wrote:The Bucks game was embarassing to Raptors fans, not our overall team performance, but Hedo by him self...ESPN and the SCORE actually showed clips of Hedo not getting back on d, slouching over on key possesions etc....ugh.

It's very disappointing to see that from a player. Especially one who carried his team to the finals. :nonono: It's about time Bosh said something about the matter. It's a shame since Bosh was the one who petitioned for Hedo to come to Toronto.

Hey, being okay with it or supporting it and petitioning for it are two different things. BC said on the record that he'd been looking at Hedo for a while. Can you show me where it's been reported that CB petitioned for Hedo?
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,982

Post#11 » by Blazing_royale » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:18 pm

wat doesn't jay triano understland. Let Hedo handle the friggen ball on the offensive end
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
Jose_Matador
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#12 » by Jose_Matador » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:24 pm

Blazing_royale wrote:wat doesn't jay triano understland. Let Hedo handle the friggen ball on the offensive end
Hedo has had the ball plenty of times since the DAL game...when he drives he either turns it over or throws up a middle school style layup (the ones with no lift).
AllKnowingNBAer
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#13 » by AllKnowingNBAer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:26 pm

"You just have to perform, pretty much," Bosh said Friday morning as the Raptors prepared to play the Milwaukee Bucks. "That's what it comes down to. We can say all the encouraging words we want to, but the fact of the matter is, as harsh as it sounds, you just have to perform."

"[The fans] can be pretty harsh, but they don't just get on you if you have one bad game. It takes a while. You just have to produce. And I think he has it in him. He just has to keep playing and believe in himself. We believe in him."

Chris Bosh has obviously never been on the Raptors RealGM message board
TorontoBaller
Analyst
And1: 1,390

Post#14 » by TorontoBaller » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Bosh is playing for his extra $30 million.

I think he legitimately WANTS to stay here, but he's not going to do it if we're not lookin good.

It's basically not Bosh's decision.
If the team performs, Bosh'll stay.
GamePoint
Starter
And1: 109

Post#15 » by GamePoint » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:28 pm

I predict Hedo has a good game tonight. Not a great one because I don't have the confidence in him to do that; but a game where he's at least effective and we don't hate him as much.
Rembokz
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#16 » by Rembokz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:33 pm

In Short terms: Hedo Sucks and needs to leave
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#17 » by sanity » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:34 pm

Wasn't Bosh chastised for same lackadaisical attitude by fans previously, especially about his unawareness on the defense-end (from last season)?

Hedo hasn't had the same opportunities as Jack to distribute the ball on offense. Fatigue seems to be an issue, but not having proper screens being set really hurts his ability to run a decent P&R.

It wouldn't hurt if Triano at least tried putting Calderon in more of a spot-up shooters role, since the combination of Weems, DeRozan and Wright (who are usually on the floor when Hedo facilitates the offense) allows the defense to collapse, preventing Hedo to dish inside or get his layups. He ends up throwing 15-20 foot lobs to guys who end up trying to create their own shot off an iso. We've seen this plenty of times from Wright and Jack.
OneTime86
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#18 » by OneTime86 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:37 pm

peteyjones13 wrote:I love that Bosh feels this way.
The problem, I'm not sure Bosh realized this though, is that Turk is just not that good.
He consistently shoots a low percentage every year, plays poor defence, and is turnover prone. I'm not sure what Bosh is expecting.
I hope JT gets a thought in his brain at some point and starts playing Hedo less minutes.

Come on, everyone including CB knows hes capable of playing at a higher level than he is now. He has disappointed even the most reasonable of expectations.
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Post#19 » by Too Late Crew » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:37 pm

I have a different translation.

"If you don't SHOW me you are better than this I'm not sticking around for 3 more years of this. I'm not going to badmiuth you in the media and I'm not going to badmouth BC for getting you. I'm going to show you with my actions. If you can't put a good team around me I'm outta here"

Bosh has not always been 100% effective but no one can say he's given anything less than 100% effort. He can't get every rbound, score every point defend every player. If they can't get him guys who can help him win why stick around.
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#20 » by Reignman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:39 pm

What's funny is how easy it is to pick out the (Please Use More Appropriate Word) posts in every thread and there's 3 in this one already.

I'd say we should play a game to see if everyone can identify which 3 but that might be baiting, so please don't. LOL.

Return to Toronto Raptors