ImageImageImageImageImage

Bosh on Hedo this morning

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Re: Bosh on Hedo this morning 

Post#21 » by sanity » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:40 pm

TdotRaps09 wrote:
peteyjones13 wrote:I love that Bosh feels this way.
The problem, I'm not sure Bosh realized this though, is that Turk is just not that good.
He consistently shoots a low percentage every year, plays poor defence, and is turnover prone. I'm not sure what Bosh is expecting.
I hope JT gets a thought in his brain at some point and starts playing Hedo less minutes.

Come on, everyone including CB knows hes capable of playing at a higher level than he is now. He has disappointed even the most reasonable of expectations.

Well, part of the problem is Turkoglu is not your conventional small forward (2nd or 3rd option) scorer. He's not a spot-up shooter and won't ever hit 3s with above average percentages, and he's definitely not a slasher with a quick first-step who can beat defenders off the dribble without a screen. He's more of a facilitator.

Van Gundy deserves a lot of credit for bestowing trust in him... because with a player like Hedo, its not necessarily his scoring that makes him a threat, its his ability to change the tempo and create mismatches. We've seen none of that here, but I don't think Hedo deserves 100% of the blame.
Jose_Matador
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#22 » by Jose_Matador » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Reignman wrote:What's funny is how easy it is to pick out the (Please Use More Appropriate Word) posts in every thread and there's 3 in this one already.

I'd say we should play a game to see if everyone can identify which 3 but that might be baiting, so please don't. LOL.
I want to play...show me how. :lol:
Joe Buddy
Pro Prospect
And1: 163

Post#23 » by Joe Buddy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:47 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:Hey, being okay with it or supporting it and petitioning for it are two different things. BC said on the record that he'd been looking at Hedo for a while. Can you show me where it's been reported that CB petitioned for Hedo?

Bosh and BC made the call to Hedo at the 11th hour telling him to sign with Toronto. Watch Hedo's press conference, they mention it there.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,976

Post#24 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:55 pm

sanity wrote:
TdotRaps09 wrote:
The problem, I'm not sure Bosh realized this though, is that Turk is just not that good.
He consistently shoots a low percentage every year, plays poor defence, and is turnover prone. I'm not sure what Bosh is expecting.
I hope JT gets a thought in his brain at some point and starts playing Hedo less minutes.

Come on, everyone including CB knows hes capable of playing at a higher level than he is now. He has disappointed even the most reasonable of expectations.

Well, part of the problem is Turkoglu is not your conventional small forward (2nd or 3rd option) scorer. He's not a spot-up shooter and won't ever hit 3s with above average percentages, and he's definitely not a slasher with a quick first-step who can beat defenders off the dribble without a screen. He's more of a facilitator.

Van Gundy deserves a lot of credit for bestowing trust in him... because with a player like Hedo, its not necessarily his scoring that makes him a threat, its his ability to change the tempo and create mismatches. We've seen none of that here, but I don't think Hedo deserves 100% of the blame.

One of the problems is we don't defend well enough to tolerate inefficiency. We're the worst defensive team in the league, and that rep is well-earned. A guy like Hedo can't even afford the chance to shoot himself into rhythm. I still can't believe people expect him to take over games in the 4th when he's only getting 10 shots a game. It's pretty much next to impossible. The killer thing about it is he's the only guy on the team that can hit those tough shots, or at least is willing to take them. The balance needs to be perfected, and he needs to take more of a leadership role.
bane_dd
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#25 » by bane_dd » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:07 pm

Reignman wrote:What's funny is how easy it is to pick out the (Please Use More Appropriate Word) posts in every thread and there's 3 in this one already.

I'd say we should play a game to see if everyone can identify which 3 but that might be baiting, so please don't. LOL.

Let me try and help you out. You're talking about these:

Rembokz wrote:In Short terms: Hedo Sucks and needs to leave

Blazing_royale wrote:wat doesn't jay triano understland. Let Hedo handle the friggen ball on the offensive end

What's my prize?
jrsmith
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#26 » by jrsmith » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Of course jay and pylon are supporting him. It would be laughable if they had anything to say, considering they have been just as useless if not worse.
racingdynamics
Junior
And1: 7

Post#27 » by racingdynamics » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:14 pm

I missed the clips on the Score about Turk's performance, anyone have a link?
rocket2981
Senior
And1: 24

Post#28 » by rocket2981 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:22 pm

This is an awesome statement by Bosh. Hedo's got to wake up NOW
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,608

Post#29 » by Ackshun » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:22 pm

TorontoBaller wrote:
It's basically not Bosh's decision.
If the team performs, Bosh'll stay.

So i stopped reading when........
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#30 » by lucky777s » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:22 pm

I think that Bosh speaking so frankly is pretty damning on Turk's performance and attitude. Maybe CB is just feeling more free to talk now, knowing he will be leaving, but this is not something you would have heard in the past. Especially with the club around .500

Or maybe now that he is playing so much better himself he feels he can call others out. I don't mind it, but there is a slight risk there that an older guy with a guaranteed contract does not react well to criticism from teammates.
Greg Stink
Starter
And1: 13

Post#31 » by Greg Stink » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:23 pm

"[The fans] can be pretty harsh, but they don't just get on you if you have one bad game. It takes a while. You just have to produce."

Way to defend/validate us, CB!

Hedo has no idea what's in store for him when the grace period is over. Cosmopolitan boos!
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,490

Post#32 » by Mattd97 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:25 pm

my face while reading bosh's comments

:o :) :D :nod: :clap: :bowdown:
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,608

Post#33 » by Ackshun » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:27 pm

I would trade HEDO in a heartbeat for an expiring. Such a stupid signing.

yeah yeah "we needed to sign someone, he was the biggest FA" blah blah blah.

Even knowing how the J.O thing worked out, or the Marion thing started off, I would rather those 2 than Turk. Hell even Kapowno at least played with some fire and intensity.

I never saw the logic behind signing an old, soft, nonathletic, poor percentage shooting big man.

As much as I like BC, he keeps taking 1 step forward, 2 steps backward.

If you admit we need an athletic wing, THEN FOR UFKC SAKES, GO GET AN ATHLETIC WING. I would rather Joey Graham at this point. Strong words, but Hedo does absolutely nothing for me. I do not want the ball in his hands, down 1, in a game 7 in the last 8 seconds. HELL NAW
Stretch82
Veteran
And1: 5

Post#34 » by Stretch82 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Hedo never worked his ass off, he never was particularly quick and his game won't change the next 5 years in a positive or negative way because he never relied on his athleticism. Hedo is average on defense, nothing special, but also not as bad as many here on the boards are claiming. Sure, with Dwight Howard he had the defensive player of the year behind him to bail him out several times in each match, but still that doesn't mean Hedo's a scrub on defense. Everyone on our D is utter garbage at helping out. On offense Hedo is not being utilized. It's not just about putting the ball in his hands and expecting him to turn into Lebron. When he has the ball there is a) no proper screen b) wrong movement of the other Raptor players. Rarely Demar slashes to the rim to pick up a pass or our perimeter guys try to get in position. With a good screen and Hedo running past it, the defense will be in trouble most of the time, but other guys on our team have to react accordingly. Hedo with no passing options = him driving to the basket and groaning "Hey" to get a foul call or a brick jumpshot. If Bosh expected to get a hard working, hustling player when he expressed his wish to get Hedo to Toronto, he must have been delusional.
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#35 » by Reignman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:40 pm

bane_dd wrote:

Let me try and help you out. You're talking about these:

Blazing_royale wrote:wat doesn't jay triano understland. Let Hedo handle the friggen ball on the offensive end

What's my prize?

LOL, close but no cigar. 2/3 ain't bad.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,439

Post#36 » by Tha Cynic » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:43 pm

All this criticism is just going to make Turkoglu ignore his teammates and start forcing up more bad shots. There have already been signs in the last few games. The expectations are way too high for this guy; he isn't as good as people seem to think he is.
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
M_Carter
Pro Prospect
And1: 113

Post#37 » by M_Carter » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:51 pm

since Jay doesn't have the balls to get on Hedo, it's nice to hear Bosh finally getting on the useless fruck
jrsmith
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#38 » by jrsmith » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:57 pm

M_Carter wrote:since Jay doesn't have the balls to get on Hedo,

i found that funny lol.
_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Post#39 » by _venom_ » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:00 pm

I'm tired of people saying that Hedo needs the ball more to be effective. Why should we have to change our style of play (PG setting the plays) that's worked so well for us just so Hedo can get his. The fact is that when we let Hedo handle the ball, it often leads to bad offensive possessions and he hasn't earned more freedom with ball.

Other than getting 2 less shots per game, his stats are pretty much identical to his stats last year on Orlando. The difference is that Orlando covered up his weaknesses while his weaknesses are magnified on our team.
load management
Analyst
And1: 1,871

Post#40 » by load management » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:09 pm

_venom_ wrote:I'm tired of people saying that Hedo needs the ball more to be effective. Why should we have to change our style of play (PG setting the plays) that's worked so well for us just so Hedo can get his. The fact is that when we let Hedo handle the ball, it often leads to bad offensive possessions and he hasn't earned more freedom with ball.

Other than getting 2 less shots per game, his stats are pretty much identical to his stats last year on Orlando. The difference is that Orlando covered up his weaknesses while his weaknesses are magnified on our team.
**** the Tony Brothers

Return to Toronto Raptors