ImageImageImageImageImage

Bosh on Hedo this morning

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LebronMJ23
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Bosh on Hedo this morning 

Post#41 » by LebronMJ23 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Bustaloo
load management
Analyst
And1: 1,871

Post#42 » by load management » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Can anyone come up with a player similar to Hedo in the league right now? If you can name one besides Peja with a 10mil + contract I will give you some Pizza and Sprite.
**** the Tony Brothers
load management
Analyst

Post#43 » by load management » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:14 pm

I also think Turk should add some meat or vegetable toppings to his pizza's. This straight up cheese pizza he's eating can't be good for his physical and mental strength.
**** the Tony Brothers
Jose_Matador
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#44 » by Jose_Matador » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:19 pm

rapsfanhere wrote:Can anyone come up with a player similar to Hedo in the league right now? If you can name one besides Peja with a 10mil + contract I will give you some Pizza and Sprite.
Then there is Andre Kirilenko with $16.5 mil a year...but at least he shows up sometimes. Marco Jaric $8 mil a year for the next 2 years...and he doesn't even play.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#45 » by sanity » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:28 pm

Kirilenko hasn't shown up in about 4 seasons. Utah has been trying to trade him for quite a few years now.

As much as Hedo appears to suck now according to a lot of critics, he's always had value on the market to other teams.
Brandy Ballz
Sophomore

Post#46 » by Brandy Ballz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:30 pm

I hate how Hedo walks around like his dog died all the time.
Luv 4 da game
Assistant Coach
And1: 275

Post#47 » by Luv 4 da game » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Good going CB4 let that n00b know how atrocious of basketball he is been playing

Hudo FTL!
I Breathe Raptors Basketball
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,976

Post#48 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:28 pm

_venom_ wrote:I'm tired of people saying that Hedo needs the ball more to be effective. Why should we have to change our style of play (PG setting the plays) that's worked so well for us just so Hedo can get his. The fact is that when we let Hedo handle the ball, it often leads to bad offensive possessions and he hasn't earned more freedom with ball.

Other than getting 2 less shots per game, his stats are pretty much identical to his stats last year on Orlando. The difference is that Orlando covered up his weaknesses while his weaknesses are magnified on our team.

How do you figure this? His assist TO ratio is better than Jarret Jack's. If you look at his late shot clock shooting %, it's one of the highest on the team (efG.488), and only 29% of those are assisted on. He basically can bail out a bad possession by creating his own look. There's not another player with that ability on this roster.

I'm fine with the offense running the way it's running (the best we've ever had), but I'm not going to sit here and wonder why Hedo can't win us a game in the 4th when he's taking 3 less shots per game and is being used less than he ever has in his entire career. If you want him to hit big shots, he needs the ball. There's not another player in the league that can come up clutch with that low of a usage and 10 shots a game.

I totally agree that his flaws are exposed with this roster, but that's not really his fault.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#49 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:36 pm

jumpman95
Banned User

Post#50 » by jumpman95 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Bosh is always saying the same thing in different words. ex: we got to stop talking and do it blahh blahh
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#51 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:39 pm

Joe Buddy wrote:
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:Hey, being okay with it or supporting it and petitioning for it are two different things. BC said on the record that he'd been looking at Hedo for a while. Can you show me where it's been reported that CB petitioned for Hedo?

Bosh and BC made the call to Hedo at the 11th hour telling him to sign with Toronto. Watch Hedo's press conference, they mention it there.

Might just be semantics but to me, if CB was petitioning to get Hedo, it would mean he went to BC to persuade him to get him, as opposed to just supporting the idea and making a call to Hedo.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#52 » by Undefeated » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:49 pm

I don't know what Bosh wants Hedo more to do. Obviously, Hedo is in a shooting slump, but he has contributed to other areas like dishing out assists and playmaking. Through the course of his shooting slump, he's still averaging near 5 assists per game, so it's not like Hedo hasn't been producing.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Post#53 » by _venom_ » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:09 am

Undefeated wrote:I don't know what Bosh wants Hedo more to do. Obviously, Hedo is in a shooting slump, but he has contributed to other areas like dishing out assists and playmaking. Through the course of his shooting slump, he's still averaging near 5 assists per game, so it's not like Hedo hasn't been producing.

Oh come on, it's not just his shooting that's sucked. His effort level has been downright disgraceful. He's not fighting for loose balls, taking possessions off on defense, making terrible rotation's, tossing up badly timed shots, and he's rebounding the ball poorly. We could start Jose at the 3 and he could get 5 assists too. Hedo has to do more than get assists.
_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Post#54 » by _venom_ » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:11 am

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
_venom_ wrote:I'm tired of people saying that Hedo needs the ball more to be effective. Why should we have to change our style of play (PG setting the plays) that's worked so well for us just so Hedo can get his. The fact is that when we let Hedo handle the ball, it often leads to bad offensive possessions and he hasn't earned more freedom with ball.

Other than getting 2 less shots per game, his stats are pretty much identical to his stats last year on Orlando. The difference is that Orlando covered up his weaknesses while his weaknesses are magnified on our team.

How do you figure this? His assist TO ratio is better than Jarret Jack's. If you look at his late shot clock shooting %, it's one of the highest on the team (efG.488), and only 29% of those are assisted on. He basically can bail out a bad possession by creating his own look. There's not another player with that ability on this roster.

I'm fine with the offense running the way it's running (the best we've ever had), but I'm not going to sit here and wonder why Hedo can't win us a game in the 4th when he's taking 3 less shots per game and is being used less than he ever has in his entire career. If you want him to hit big shots, he needs the ball. There's not another player in the league that can come up clutch with that low of a usage and 10 shots a game.

I totally agree that his flaws are exposed with this roster, but that's not really his fault.

Have you been watching the games? The Hedo/big pick and roll/pop has been doing nothing in the last few games. Team's have figured out how to guard it. They know Turk can't get to the basket and make a layup so they overplay the big and recover on Turk's slow drive. This results in Turk dropping the ball off to the corner usually resulting in a highly contested jumper.
load management
Analyst

Post#55 » by load management » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:38 am

Jose_Matador wrote:
rapsfanhere wrote:Can anyone come up with a player similar to Hedo in the league right now? If you can name one besides Peja with a 10mil + contract I will give you some Pizza and Sprite.
Then there is Andre Kirilenko with $16.5 mil a year...but at least he shows up sometimes. Marco Jaric $8 mil a year for the next 2 years...and he doesn't even play.

I really meant similar playing styles. Kirilenko plays exellent D, but yeah his contract is bloated.
**** the Tony Brothers
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#56 » by Undefeated » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:41 am

_venom_ wrote:Oh come on, it's not just his shooting that's sucked. His effort level has been downright disgraceful. He's not fighting for loose balls, taking possessions off on defense, making terrible rotation's, tossing up badly timed shots, and he's rebounding the ball poorly. We could start Jose at the 3 and he could get 5 assists too. Hedo has to do more than get assists.

Oh please, half those things you stated aren't even close to even being true.

Not fighting for loose balls? But the guy has been racking up several steals the last 4 games. Sure, Hedo might have missed rotation and slack off a bit on defense, but there aren't that many defensive plays where he has been doing so. You all act like just because he blown one defensive assignment against the Bucks on Wednesday, that must be true for all the previous games that he must be crap on defense. It's just one miss assignment for Christ sake and y'all making a big fuss out of it. Rebounding? Hedo has been averaging 5 rebound per game which is solid for a wing player.

And Jose's 5 assists wouldn't be the same as Hedo’s. Funny that you just state assists in general when you don't go in-depth to how they got their assists just so that it suits your argument. Anyways, majority of those assists have led to the rim...
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Rinaldi
Banned User

Post#57 » by Rinaldi » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:06 am

Tha Cynic wrote:All this criticism is just going to make Turkoglu ignore his teammates and start forcing up more bad shots. There have already been signs in the last few games. The expectations are way too high for this guy; he isn't as good as people seem to think he is.

My expectations are high, because I watched his play in 2009 playoffs. He was injured against Sixers in the first games, but then he carried that Orlando team to the finals. If you watched Game 7 @ Boston, you will have high expectations for this guy. Remember Pierce looking half crying at the end of that game?

Cleveland was 8-0 in the playoffs and thought Orlando was a piece of cake. Hedo dominated game 1 @ Cleveland, had his career record in assists (13? 14?) and won the game for them.

Against LA Lakers, he averaged the most points in his team, had the most assists, and blocked Kobe at such a crucial time, got a TO and took the game to overtime...

After watching these performances, if you see him brick a lay-up against Ersan Ileasowa, at the last minute of a must-win game... then you will be pissed. and I am. This guy seemed to be a game winner. Now he is more like a $ winner.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#58 » by Gold Chain » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:39 am

Undefeated wrote:
_venom_ wrote:Oh come on, it's not just his shooting that's sucked. His effort level has been downright disgraceful. He's not fighting for loose balls, taking possessions off on defense, making terrible rotation's, tossing up badly timed shots, and he's rebounding the ball poorly. We could start Jose at the 3 and he could get 5 assists too. Hedo has to do more than get assists.

Oh please, half those things you stated aren't even close to even being true.

Not fighting for loose balls? But the guy has been racking up several steals the last 4 games. Sure, Hedo might have missed rotation and slack off a bit on defense, but there aren't that many defensive plays where he has been doing so. You all act like just because he blown one defensive assignment against the Bucks on Wednesday, that must be true for all the previous games that he must be crap on defense. It's just one miss assignment for Christ sake and y'all making a big fuss out of it. Rebounding? Hedo has been averaging 5 rebound per game which is solid for a wing player.

And Jose's 5 assists wouldn't be the same as Hedo’s. Funny that you just state assists in general when you don't go in-depth to how they got their assists just so that it suits your argument. Anyways, majority of those assists have led to the rim...

Undefeated, I'm with you. It will all turn around and me and the rest will remember that you were positive during a tough stretch. I appreciate a positive poster in a time when much is questioned. Keep thing good.

Return to Toronto Raptors