ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Amare to Heat?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

edgehead411
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,142

Re: OT - Amare to Heat? 

Post#61 » by edgehead411 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:30 pm

UssjTrunks wrote:Here's a question. Would Nash make us contenders in the East? Our defence wuldn't imrpove, but our offence would be elevated to a nearly unstoppable level.

Yes!

Calderon only looks for Bosh. Nash would be looking for everyone, DeRozan would get so many alley-oops.

It would give the Raptors even more leadership and playoff experience.

Oh my, I just messed myself
PM me if interested in writing about the Toronto Raptors!
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#62 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:31 pm

but what would they want for Nash, we dont have anything. If the Heat trade Beasly + Filler for Amare + Fillers. Id be fine with that and still be very confident we can beat them.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
distracted
Veteran
And1: 56

Post#63 » by distracted » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:34 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:but what would they want for Nash, we dont have anything. If the Heat trade Beasly + Filler for Amare + Fillers. Id be fine with that and still be very confident we can beat them.

Calderon, who is younger and on a cheaper deal. They can sell the future and talk of how they want to continue playing the same style. They'd be trading talent for potential.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#64 » by sh00n » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:36 pm

Holy ****, Barbosa as a throw in, too? What the hell is Kerr thinking?
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
vancityballer
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#65 » by vancityballer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:39 pm

sh00n wrote:Holy ****, Barbosa as a throw in, too? What the hell is Kerr thinking?

He is thinking "Hoopshype developed this rumor. Why can't I work for them and make stuff up?"
The more posts of yours I read, the dumber I get
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#66 » by sh00n » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:40 pm

vancityballer wrote:
sh00n wrote:Holy ****, Barbosa as a throw in, too? What the hell is Kerr thinking?

He is thinking "Hoopshype developed this rumor. Why can't I work for them and make stuff up?"

I wouldn't even take this as a rumor. With Kerr, anything is possible. The dude is a complete moron.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#67 » by Kreamy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:48 pm

Miami is the only team that scares me when it comes to Bosh's free-agency. If they trade for Amare, that will automatically take them out of the Bosh sweepstakes so here's hoping. You'd think Phoenix would want to dump Jason Richardson on them as well and not Barbosa. Maybe something like Amare and J. Rich for Jermaine, Q. Rich and a couple of picks.
RapTelligence
General Manager
And1: 96

Post#68 » by RapTelligence » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:52 pm

How is Robin Lopez coming around?
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#69 » by HomieOmey » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:53 pm

Kreamy wrote:Miami is the only team that scares me when it comes to Bosh's free-agency. If they trade for Amare, that will automatically take them out of the Bosh sweepstakes so here's hoping. You'd think Phoenix would want to dump Jason Richardson on them as well and not Barbosa. Maybe something like Amare and J. Rich for Jermaine, Q. Rich and a couple of picks.

Pretty much. Miami was the only team I am really worried about being able to steal Bosh away. Warm climate, Dwayne Wade, and his contract not being taxed sounds pretty good. I can't imagine the Suns giving up that much talent without at least getting Beasely though. Which would of course be even better for us, as it would give Miami MUCH less trade flexibility to further improve the roster.
TurboZ
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#70 » by Avenger » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Its hoopsworld people, when are you guys gonna learn not to take them seriously?
Rembokz
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#71 » by Rembokz » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:59 pm

Marion to heat now Amare to heat
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#72 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Hoopsworld

:rofl: :rofl:
heemer
Veteran
And1: 14

Post#73 » by heemer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:11 pm

If the Raptors could somehow land Nash it would send all of Canada, especially Toronto, into a basketball frenzy. Would there be a single home game that wasnt sold out if this happened?

Still the package would have to be Jose++ and a) i'm not sure what else of value we have to include (outside DD) and, b) I doubt that would be the best option for Phoenix. I wouldn't want to include DeRozan even for Nash so I'm not sure this fantasy would ever happen.
heemer
Veteran
And1: 14

Post#74 » by heemer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:12 pm

As for the Heat, I think this makes more sense than holding out for CB4 (If that was there plan). Their #1 goal has to be to keep DWade so if theres any indication that this will convince him to stay, they have to do it.
oakley34
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#75 » by oakley34 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Pchu wrote:The reason why the Suns would want to do this is that Amare might not opt out. He is due 18 mil next season. There is no way any team will pay him that.

If he doesn't opt out, then the Suns are screwed.

Exactly. The Suns are desperately trying to get under the luxury tax threshold for next season. When Amare realizes he's not a max player and that the money is not out there for 2nd-tier All-Stars like him, he could very well pull a Carlos Boozer, won't opt out.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#76 » by bboyskinnylegs » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Seems really one-sided for Miami. I'd love to pry Nash and Robin away from them somehow.
redred9
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#77 » by redred9 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:19 pm

i really hope this happens, although on the Miami board they're talking about Igoudala/Dalembert

i) This would completely take Miami out of the Bosh sweepstakes
ii) It would make Miami a terrible defensive team
iii) Just my opinion, but I doubt Stoudamire can get back to what he was long term- he doesn't look like he has 'it' anymore physically
iv) When/if Barbosa & Wade slow down as well in the next couple of years, that team is done.
v) Beasley is really just Antoine Walker so who cares.

But the biggest thing is that Chicago becomes pretty much the only other suitor for Bosh. We might lose out to them this year, but long term I think it's great for us.
Air Canada
RealGM
And1: 7,556

Post#78 » by Air Canada » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Why would Phoenix do this deal?
careful
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#79 » by careful » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:30 pm

I don't know how people can think that Miami is not better with Amare than they are with JO.
Add another scoring threat next to Wade/Beasley and Miami becomes a pretty dangerous teams.
Raps_Swingman
Analyst
And1: 211

Post#80 » by Raps_Swingman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:37 pm

careful wrote:I don't know how people can think that Miami is not better with Amare than they are with JO.
Add another scoring threat next to Wade/Beasley and Miami becomes a pretty dangerous teams.

I doubt anyone here thinks JO is better then Amare at this stage in their careers. But no one knows how Amare will perform withouth Nash spoonfeeding him and JO is still a pretty solid defender against most Cs. I know Wade can create, but he doesn't really do it the same way Amare has been living off of in Phoenix
That's what she said.

Return to Toronto Raptors