ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Amare to Heat?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Pchu
Lead Assistant
And1: 230

Re: OT - Amare to Heat? 

Post#81 » by Pchu » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:37 pm

Air Canada wrote:Why would Phoenix do this deal?

Again, Amare has a player option for 18 mil. The Suns is afraid that he is going to opt in (which is a real possibility, since no one will pay him that much in free agency).
redred9
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#82 » by redred9 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 pm

careful wrote:I don't know how people can think that Miami is not better with Amare than they are with JO.
Add another scoring threat next to Wade/Beasley and Miami becomes a pretty dangerous teams.

well, it does make them a dangerous team- but who cares? The Raptors aren't winning the championship this season anyway, and not next season either. But I don't think this trade puts Miami over the top either . So let them have their fun with their 3-5 seed. In a couple of years, as our young guys improve and Amare & Barbosa decline badly like they're doing, we're going to look much better.

As long they don't steal Bosh.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#83 » by YogiStewart » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:47 pm

alpha wrote:While Amare is a good to great player..he will go the way of the Matrix without Nash. (just a good player) Just watching the game against Dallas yesterday convinced me again.

Amare gets 80% of his baskets on easy dunks and layps all delivered and wrapped in a bow from Nash.

exactly.
i can't think of how he'll get his points if he was on the Heat. only 2nd chance points? and he's going to want max money....would you give Amare that if he was your 3rd option on O?

it would be hilarious if Amare was traded to the Heat and he went all Marion while on the Heat. then during the off season, he re-signed with Phoenix and the Heat were left twiddling their thumbs as all the A players re-signed with their original teams. wouldn't Wade be superhappy if that happened?
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#84 » by YogiStewart » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:48 pm

redred9 wrote:i really hope this happens, although on the Miami board they're talking about Igoudala/Dalembert

i) This would completely take Miami out of the Bosh sweepstakes
ii) It would make Miami a terrible defensive team
iii) Just my opinion, but I doubt Stoudamire can get back to what he was long term- he doesn't look like he has 'it' anymore physically
iv) When/if Barbosa & Wade slow down as well in the next couple of years, that team is done.
v) Beasley is really just Antoine Walker so who cares.

But the biggest thing is that Chicago becomes pretty much the only other suitor for Bosh. We might lose out to them this year, but long term I think it's great for us.

Iggy and Wade together?
only works if they win a round of Multiball
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,738

Post#85 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:05 pm

I wouldn't puut much merrit in it, think of all the BS trade roumors that flow from Miami.
CapeCrusader
General Manager
And1: 92

Post#86 » by CapeCrusader » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Amare is good and all, but hes not consistent on creating his own offense like Bosh does. He won't be as good without a Steve Nash, Wade could help him out but hes no Steve Nash as a PG that is.
B*TCH ! You Weren't With Me Shooting At The Gym!
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#87 » by CreaM » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:29 pm

Amare in miami = Marion in Miami

Maybe with 2 or 3 more ppg.

Wade is VERY ball dominant and cannot create for others like Nash can.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#88 » by sh00n » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:33 pm

+$$$
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
RapsGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#89 » by RapsGM » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:34 pm

heemer wrote:If the Raptors could somehow land Nash it would send all of Canada, especially Toronto, into a basketball frenzy. Would there be a single home game that wasnt sold out if this happened?

Still the package would have to be Jose++ and a) i'm not sure what else of value we have to include (outside DD) and, b) I doubt that would be the best option for Phoenix. I wouldn't want to include DeRozan even for Nash so I'm not sure this fantasy would ever happen.

Calderon, Wright, Amir, and Rasho for Nash and Hill. But I doubt Sarver does business with BC.
JamesNaismith
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#90 » by JamesNaismith » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:36 pm

WHY WOULD PHOENIX DO THIS??????????
JamesNaismith
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#91 » by JamesNaismith » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:38 pm

Pchu wrote:

Again, Amare has a player option for 18 mil. The Suns is afraid that he is going to opt in (which is a real possibility, since no one will pay him that much in free agency).

That still doesn't make sense.

So they have a bigger hole by giving up Barbosa for nothing with more cap space to sign who exactly???

...and yes SOMEONE will give Amare MAX money look no further then NY or NJ in worstcase scenario.

Stupid.
OneTime86
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#92 » by OneTime86 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:38 pm

UssjTrunks wrote:Here's a question. Would Nash make us contenders in the East? Our defence wuldn't imrpove, but our offence would be elevated to a nearly unstoppable level.

I likey
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#93 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:33 am

we have nothing to really offer for Nash. Calderon + Rasho + 2010 Second Rounder ? they could get much better offers but imagine our lineup. Maybe Kerr does Steve a favor and sends him to Canada

Nash/Jack/Banks
Derozan/Belinelli
Hedo/Wright/Weems
Bosh/Evans
Bargnani/Amir/O'Byrant
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#94 » by zilby » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:37 am

is it just me or do others think that Amar'e doesn't really have a reason to opt out?

i mean, he is highly overrated, and gets 70% of his buckets handed on a silver platter by nash.

is he is getting $17M, he could lose a lot of value in Miami since they have no real PG.

if i am him, i am probably questioning first if i am locked up long term. if not, opt in.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#95 » by zilby » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:52 am

phoenix was headed straight downhill.

it started when BC left.

kerr has made them a disaster IMO
Hawaiian pizza is good.
ForeveRaptorFan
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Post#96 » by ForeveRaptorFan » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:12 am

I dream everyday of Nash as a Raptor... DD would look GREAT with Nash, as well as Bargnani. Get er done BC... Again.
Following Bargnani's Progress since entering the League: Bargnani, Ill Mago, Barney, Bustnani, Bust and a Nani, Beastnani, Beardnani, Killer B...
Pchu
Lead Assistant
And1: 230

Post#97 » by Pchu » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:00 am

JamesNaismith wrote:
Pchu wrote:

That still doesn't make sense.

So they have a bigger hole by giving up Barbosa for nothing with more cap space to sign who exactly???

...and yes SOMEONE will give Amare MAX money look no further then NY or NJ in worstcase scenario.

Stupid.

It makes sense if you are paying the bills. Basically, the Suns will be in Lux Tax category if Amare opts in. They might as well trade him now and save some money. Sarver has always been like this.

Return to Toronto Raptors