ImageImageImageImageImage

Bryan Colangelo on the FAN 590 now (5:23pm)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,399

Re: Bryan Colangelo on the FAN 590 now (5:23pm) 

Post#101 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:58 pm

pspot wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
pspot wrote:One of the great things about BC and top end GMs they just don't abandon the team after they make a signing,trade,pick

BC interjects when needed and bitch slaps people back into place

There is continuity and a 'team' mentality from the top down

This time though, Triano has lost the team.

All the screaming in the world wont get the players to respect Triano. Respect is earned and clearly Triano cant earn it.

I don't know, things were pretty awful when every loss was by 20+ . That was maybe one of the most if not the most frustrating time I've had as a Raps fan.....not counting last year :)

At this point they've won, they've beat some of the top end teams and I think the players and coaches know what they are capable of they just need to keep focused and not panic now that its getting into the thick of things. IF they can make it out of this and become a winning team again I think it will be better for them in the playoffs.

kinda agree, if this time can manage to get through this, then anything is possible.
If they can't? Triano is gone. Pretty good win win as a fan if you ask me.
groentesoep
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#102 » by groentesoep » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:21 pm

So the whining about minutes started after the all-star break.

Could it have to do anything with Chris Bosh's injury? Maybe one of the bigs expected to get a load more of minutes and he didn't. Or maybe Chris is actually a leader in the locker room and on the field and some players saw his absence as a posiblity to hijack (can't come up with an other word in English) the team?
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#103 » by pspot » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:09 pm

one thing that has surprised me is that Triano has insisted on trying to force Evans into the rotation even with Bosh back. at this point in the season, with how well the rotation was working, Evans should be a situational player.

9 man Playoff rotation
3 man front court: Bosh, Bargs, Amir
4 man wing: Turk, Wright, Sonny, DD
2 pgs: Jack, Jose

Situational: Beli, Evans, Rasho
nm
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#104 » by timdunkit » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:15 pm

pspot wrote:One of the great things about BC and top end GMs they just don't abandon the team after they make a signing,trade,pick

BC interjects when needed and bitch slaps people back into place

There is continuity and a 'team' mentality from the top down

But don't you think its sad that BC has to come down and basically do Triano's job for him? Triano is a soft cookie monster ... I bet he called BC after the game crying "I can't do it, they just won't listen to me" ... or am I the only one that can imagine Triano breaking down like that?
deno07
Banned User

Post#105 » by deno07 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:
deno07 wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:If it is Amir I second his requests. He and Sony are ONLY two players who should play MUCH MORE.

As far as Belli Nelli is concerned, seriously I would let him go right now, because he proved that he cannot play in NBA.

You are moronic seriously,clueless and ignorant .Belinelli can't play in the NBA ? You don't know anything about basketball and if he is complaining which I don't think he is ,he should be .He should be starting and they are 3 and 8 after the allstar break and his minutes have been cut from 18 to 7 minutes per game.They are losing with him not playing .Do you have a brain ? I don't think so .Wright can't play in this league .

You need to take a few of these.

I would not be surprised, given your history that this little out burst results in a holiday of sorts.

Yuri

I don't need chill pills you need to educate yourself about basketball because it obvious you don't have a clue .Having an opinion is fine but your comments are just plain dumb .I just can't wait when until Marco gets his chance and prove you and all his critics wrong .If its here in Toronto, I hope or elsewhere I know he will be a very good player in this league . Triano has not used him properly all year and the inconsistent minutes has led to some up and down shooting .In the last 11 games they are using all these so called "good defensive players" such as Wright ,Weems and Derozan and we are 3 and 8 .We are losing with these guys ,we are playing as bad a defence as we did early in the year .
deno07
Banned User

Post#106 » by deno07 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:03 pm

Anatomize wrote:How can Wright bitch about minutes? He plays the entire second half and most important minutes of ball games over better suited players such as Weems and Belinelli.

Put it into perspective, how many wing players are as bad, unathletic, overrated, and unable to make an open shot in the NBA as Wright? Wright barely gets an inch off the ground when he goes for a layup, his knees look shot.

Thanks Triano, good to see you love Wright's 'leadership', but as long as he and Jose are out there we continue to slip in games. Most of the time when Weems is out there, we're winning, it showed vs Sacramento in the first half and vs LA, and Triano just chooses to bench players who are actually performing on the court. Belinelli is also an intangibles guy, people act like if he doesn't hit his shots, he does little else, but his +/- isn't indicative of that, he has an influence on the game in many different ways. Lastly, Belinelli is a 'future piece' for BC and the Raptors, why are we doghousing a guy with this much talent who can be our starting SG or sixth man? Ridiculous.

How many other teams would hand Wright as many minutes we have? There is a reason Dallas let him go, and they are enamored with statistics relative to position and 'fitted' players for winning a championship, clearly, Wright wasn't a part of that.

Wright/Jose/Evans > Johnson/Weems/Belinelli.............

Your dead on .................100 per cent right
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,278

Post#107 » by Yuri Vaultin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:05 pm

deno07 wrote:I just can't wait when until Marco gets his chance and prove you and all his critics wrong .If its here in Toronto, I hope or elsewhere I know he will be a very good player in this league . Triano has not used him properly all year and the inconsistent minutes has led to some up and down shooting .In the last 11 games they are using all these so called "good defensive players" such as Wright ,Weems and Derozan and we are 3 and 8 .We are losing with these guys ,we are playing as bad a defence as we did early in the year .

WTF?

I haven't said anything about Marco. You may want to go to a doctor to get your apparent head injury looked at.

And yes, when you go on a tangent calling other posters "moronic seriously,clueless and ignorant" and say things like "Do you have a brain ? I don't think so" because they don't share your opinion then you do require a chill pill and probably a time out.

We get that you like Marco A LOT, but there is no need to insult people who acknowledge faults in his game.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
And1: 51

Post#108 » by A_wildstabatanything » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Production

Belli:
15.1 OWN
14.1 OPP
Net: + 0.9

Wright
10.0 OWN
19.2 OPP
Net: - 9.2
(shooting 28% over the last 3+ weeks)
JWiLL02
RealGM
And1: 2,443

Post#109 » by JWiLL02 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:19 pm

A_wildstabatanything wrote:Production

Belli:
15.1 OWN
14.1 OPP

Wright
10.0 OWN
19.2 OPP

This is further proof Jay completely ignores stats and video. There's not a single ounce of proof that would justify giving Wright 25-30 minutes a night while Beli rots on the bench.

I can't believe we have a coach who is scared of his own players.
*Sig courtesy of Raptors' royalty 'Turbozone'. http://www.turbozone.ca"
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#110 » by darth_federer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:21 pm

That Alex Rucker guy (who does stats for Toronto) Is riding Antoine nuts every day on his twitter. I dont know what stats he uses, but hes probably looking at 5 man units or something.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
wtcantfw
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,578

Post#111 » by wtcantfw » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:33 pm

Sounds like Jay has lost the locker room. Hey if I was on the Raptors, losing PT to Antoine Wright and watching plays run continuously for Reggie Evans while Bosh is on the floor, I'd **** lose my head too.
KG1585
Head Coach
And1: 248

Post#112 » by KG1585 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:35 pm

deno07 wrote:
Anatomize wrote:How can Wright bitch about minutes? He plays the entire second half and most important minutes of ball games over better suited players such as Weems and Belinelli.

Put it into perspective, how many wing players are as bad, unathletic, overrated, and unable to make an open shot in the NBA as Wright? Wright barely gets an inch off the ground when he goes for a layup, his knees look shot.

Thanks Triano, good to see you love Wright's 'leadership', but as long as he and Jose are out there we continue to slip in games. Most of the time when Weems is out there, we're winning, it showed vs Sacramento in the first half and vs LA, and Triano just chooses to bench players who are actually performing on the court. Belinelli is also an intangibles guy, people act like if he doesn't hit his shots, he does little else, but his +/- isn't indicative of that, he has an influence on the game in many different ways. Lastly, Belinelli is a 'future piece' for BC and the Raptors, why are we doghousing a guy with this much talent who can be our starting SG or sixth man? Ridiculous.

How many other teams would hand Wright as many minutes we have? There is a reason Dallas let him go, and they are enamored with statistics relative to position and 'fitted' players for winning a championship, clearly, Wright wasn't a part of that.

Wright/Jose/Evans > Johnson/Weems/Belinelli.............

Your dead on .................100 per cent right

You bring up Jose and the Raps slip in games. Here is plus/minus the last few games:

vs Sac -3
vs LA -2
vs PHI -7
vs NYK +14

Net plus/minus the last 4 games +2. Hardly slip in games when Jose is in.

As for Bellinelli, for a supposed shooter, he is not a good shooter and constantly gambles on defence and cannot stay in front of his man, and turns the ball over, especially at crucial times.
JWiLL02
RealGM

Post#113 » by JWiLL02 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:36 pm

darth_federer wrote:That Alex Rucker guy (who does stats for Toronto) Is riding Antoine nuts every day on his twitter. I dont know what stats he uses, but hes probably looking at 5 man units or something.

Wasn't Belinelli the only player to be in each of our top five 5 man units? He was at some point in the season, there's a reason for that.
C.Boshly
Analyst
And1: 605

Post#114 » by C.Boshly » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:45 pm

JWiLL02 wrote:
A_wildstabatanything wrote:Production

Belli:
15.1 OWN
14.1 OPP

Wright
10.0 OWN
19.2 OPP

This is further proof Jay completely ignores stats and video. There's not a single ounce of proof that would justify giving Wright 25-30 minutes a night while Beli rots on the bench.

I can't believe we have a coach who is scared of his own players.

Stats are useful but IMO what you see with Macro when he is on the court is pretty incriminating.

I think Marco makes more mistakes than any player in the rotation. He is a very skillful player but the dumb mistakes he makes time and time again would be infuriating to a coach. There is a reason why he got glued to the bench in GS despite showing promise and same deal here.
StartingBench
Rookie
And1: 361

Post#115 » by StartingBench » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:06 pm

Considering it's almost the end of the season, the only time an agent is gonna get involved and ask for more minutes is for the guys who are expiring at the end of this year. That leaves Wright and Amir. Amir is going to get resigned for sure and he'll probably be happy with his raise. So I'd guess it's Antoine's agent eyeing for more minutes. I think he's most likely to leave the Raptors next year one way or another. He's 26 and not that good, so his next contract may very well be his last one.

The thing is, we should play him more minutes considering how great the CACK lineup is.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,192

Post#116 » by Tofubeque » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:07 pm

It's weird how agents talking to BC somehow extrapolates to "locker room problem"

Last time I checked neither BC nor player agents shower with the guys.
props Turbozone
JWiLL02
RealGM

Post#117 » by JWiLL02 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:12 pm

C.Boshly wrote:Stats are useful but IMO what you see with Macro when he is on the court is pretty incriminating.

I think Marco makes more mistakes than any player in the rotation. He is a very skillful player but the dumb mistakes he makes time and time again would be infuriating to a coach. There is a reason why he got glued to the bench in GS despite showing promise and same deal here.

Oh please. He's in every single one of our top 5 man units. That's not a fluke.

Marco wasn't glued to the bench in GS. He was behind a glut of very good wing players, we don't have that same "issue" here.

It would help if people around here didn't complain every time the guy took an off balance jumper. That's part of his game. It's been said before, this guy could be used in a JR Smith type of role, but if Triano isn't willing to give the guy any leash he won't be able to make an impact. You take the bad with the good with a player like Marco, but the good will far outweigh any of the negatives he brings in the long run.

Of our options at the 2: he's by far the best play maker, he's by far the best shooter, he's the only one who seems capable of making the extra pass when the ball swings (which it hasn't enough this year), he's the only one that can drive and kick (better than our PGs), and while he's not a great defender he seems to consistently get under his man's skin. There has to be some reason for that.

Triano seems content giving him a couple minutes, putting him in ISO situations he shouldn't be in, and then benching him when he's unsuccessful. Yeah, that's fair.
jepjep
Rookie
And1: 578

Post#118 » by jepjep » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Even if Marco complains, I think it is justified... I think blame has to be on Triano. The team was winning when Marco gets had his minutes before the all star break... and suddenly, poof.... and Raps start losing

Return to Toronto Raptors