ImageImageImageImageImage

Bryan Colangelo on the FAN 590 now (5:23pm)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Re: Bryan Colangelo on the FAN 590 now (5:23pm) 

Post#21 » by Clutch Carter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:37 pm

hoop_head wrote:Marco would be a prime candidate for wanting more minutes.

True, but Marco doesn't play enough to make a difference. I'm thinking it's Wrong, Amir, Evans and maybe Jose.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Southward1
General Manager
And1: 2,411

Post#22 » by Southward1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:38 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Wright, Marco and Reggie Evans.
StringerBell
Veteran
And1: 2,200

Post#23 » by StringerBell » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Haven't heard BC that upset in a while...
SirHuey
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#24 » by SirHuey » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Clutch Carter wrote:

True, but Marco doesn't play enough to make a difference. I'm thinking it's Wrong, Amir, Evans and maybe Jose.

Evans is lucky to not be gettin POB type of minutes
hoop_head
RealGM
And1: 2,235

Post#25 » by hoop_head » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Southward1 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if it was Wright, Marco and Reggie Evans.

Maybe Wright thinks he should be starting at SG over DeRozan, and is getting cranky about it?
StringerBell
Veteran
And1: 2,200

Post#26 » by StringerBell » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Southward1 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if it was Wright, Marco and Reggie Evans.

I wouldn't rule out Jack or Calderon either.

Edit : Even Turks mins a down quite a bit from his last two seasons in Orlando.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#27 » by dagger » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:41 pm

StringerBell wrote:Pretty candid interview....was surprised to hear him mention players agents complaining abou the lack of playing time after the all-star break. wonder who he was refering to?...sounds like there are a lot of problems in the locker room

well, it depends on who has security.

Bosh wouldn't complain, would he. And he's been injured.
Hedo? Maybe - but his problems are largely self-inflicted, including foul trouble.
Bargnani? - not about minutes anyway, and he has the extension, unless he's getting ready to blow his top over touches.
Wright? - A likely candidate.
DD? - I doubt it. He might have a beef, but I don't think he has the seniority to bitch
Weems? Unlikely. He's made it into the rotation
Jack? Could be. I don't think he loves how he's been sitting late in games.
Belinelli? He's bitched before, and might be bitching again
Jose? Unlikely, but you never know.
Evans? Mmmmm
Amir? Quite possibly because he's an FA and he's losing minutes to Evans, which might be part of this.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#28 » by timdunkit » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Didn't a poster said Jack was pissed yesterday after getting yanked? Jose vs Jack anybody? Along with Marco and Wright.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#29 » by Undefeated » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Marcus Banks.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Southward1
General Manager

Post#30 » by Southward1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:42 pm

hoop_head wrote:

Maybe Wright thinks he should be starting at SG over DeRozan, and is getting cranky about it?

He seems like the type

I just look at the new faces who aren't getting minutes because I sincerely doubt Jose is all of sudden complaining about minutes it's the new guys who have played a couple of years. I.e. Reggie, Wright, Jack, Marco and possibly Amir (Which I could see because he's a free agent at seasons end and doesn't want to hurt his value).
Harold_and_Kumar
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,656

Post#31 » by Harold_and_Kumar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:43 pm

Wow, very interesting interview actually.

My question is, if this is what he basically expected out of Hedo, why did he sign him for what he did then? Seems stupid. His best basketball better be ahead of him lol
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,124

Post#32 » by C Court » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:43 pm

I sound like a broken record, but this is exactly why I was opposed to Jay becoming the head coach. Successful NBA coaches are more about leadership, respect, motivation and controlling mega-egos than they are about Xs and Os.

When you really feel the effect of a weak coach, is when the locker room starts to fall apart. There is no one who can step up and take control.

The locker room atmosphere deteriorates because there is no strong leader to reign in the whiners. That's a toxic mix that Jay is ill-equipped to do anything about.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#33 » by Rhettmatic » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:43 pm

itbobby007 wrote:
Rhettmatic wrote:
Southward1 wrote:He said players are playing selfish and there agents are telling him that they're not playing enough minutes on a daily basis. This sounds like a bad locker room.

He said that this seems to be happening specifically since the all-star break, too.

Did he mention who? My guess in Marco or Antonie....

Didn't say. But I decided to check on everyone's splits and only four guys saw their minutes significantly increase after the all-star break: Andrea Bargnani, Rasho Nesterovic, Sonny Weems and Antoine Wright (who has played an extra six minutes per game).

But obviously, that could be due to injuries (esp. in the case of Bargs and Rasho) and who knows if Colangelo/Triano actually buckled to the requests, anyway.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#34 » by Clutch Carter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:43 pm

MeloisMVP wrote:
Clutch Carter wrote:

Evans is lucky to not be gettin POB type of minutes

Maybe POB is one of the malcontents too. "Evans is getting minutes and I'm not?!" :lol:
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

miruss2001
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#35 » by miruss2001 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:44 pm

You get that type of discord when you compose a team of also-rans where none is appreciably better than the next. You get guys complaining their way into the rotation rather than earning it. This is one reason depth isn't necessarily better- the chaff think their wheat (if you don't know the expression... look it up).
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#36 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Dagger makes a good point.

guys who are approaching free agency are likely to bitch about minutes .... this should be a surprise to nobody as stats/minutes are correlated to what you're going to get paid.

it would be disappointing if JJ or Hedo are whining on the first year of their deal ..... unless JJ signed being told that he can "earn" the bulk of the minutes and he presumes his play has been superior .... but the stats don't back it up. Jose could be bitching if he thinks he's got starter mins (which would go against his public 'good guy' persona)

i really doubt DD, Bargs, or Bosh have any complaining ..... there's no rational reason to.
Southward1
General Manager

Post#37 » by Southward1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Centre Court wrote:I sound like a broken record, but this is exactly why I was opposed to Jay becoming the head coach. Successful NBA coaches are more about leadership, respect, motivation and controlling mega-egos than they are about Xs and Os.

When you really feel the effect of a weak coach, is when the locker room starts to fall apart. There is no one who can step up and take control.

The locker room atmosphere deteriorates because there is no strong leader to reign in the whiners. That's a toxic mix that Jay is ill-equipped to do anything about.

None of the roster are leaders either. There's no tim duncan to tell Wright to STFU about minutes. This is the time where Bosh is supposed get his boys together and he obviously isn't.
SciencePiggy
Analyst
And1: 1,968

Post#38 » by SciencePiggy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:46 pm

I don't see Jack or Jose complaining. They are both locked up for the next three seasons and getting plenty of minutes. Amir/Wright/Weems seem more likely to me from a money stand point or Marco for being pissed off due to his dog house.
Cheers to Turbo_Zone
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#39 » by Rhettmatic » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:48 pm

EvilMonkey wrote:I don't see Jack or Jose complaining. They are both locked up for the next three seasons and getting plenty of minutes. Amir/Wright/Weems seem more likely to me from a money stand point or Marco for being pissed off due to his dog house.

Amir actually has the right to be annoyed. Evans is terrible and he shouldn't be taking any of Amir's minutes.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
Pibberz
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#40 » by Pibberz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:48 pm

itbobby007 wrote:Tuned in a bit late:

Schedule is the schedule, falling short right now.
Team is like Jekyll and Hyde
Disappointed with Turk, hasn't adapted to new teammates. Both him and us. Needs to do more "lay it out there".
Turks nonchalance is a defense mechanism. Comfortable level w/ teammates took time in ORL.
Turk is showing signs...#'s aren't far off what BC projected.
Waiting for switch to turn on....heat of the playoff run is coming.
Chris Bosh is healthy, conditioning aspect is an issue.
Ball moves differently with Chris. Lacking talent without Chris.

Turk is showing signs of what exactly?

And I don't buy the "playing injured" excuse for Bosh. Bosh himself just last week said that he won't return until he's 100%. He's playing terribly the last three games period.

Return to Toronto Raptors