ImageImageImageImageImage

Hedo's wife unhappy in Toronto

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

EG73
Sixth Man
And1: 808

Re: Hedo's wife unhappy in Toronto 

Post#21 » by EG73 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:58 am

Maybe she is too dumb to understand the metric system ?

Like AD situation: big contract in Toronto (more money than from other teams - and to try to keep CB/VC happy), then a few months after, find a reason to complain about the city.

I love my wife and I made the decision to leave a wonderful career (and city) so we move in another city where she can have a better career. I suggest to Hedo to do the same: If you love your wife and you regret the contract with Toronto, just ask to have it voided (buy out 0%) and sign a contract with a team in a city where both of you are happy.
"But the thing is, maybe I do want to wake up one morning and say, `Baby, let's go to the Bahamas. Today.' That costs money. So what if I want to do that?
MJ
HighOctane
Lead Assistant
And1: 363

Post#22 » by HighOctane » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:04 am

How can she be disappointed in the Turkish community? It was not as if her impression of the community was simply word of mouth. I'm sure that at some point they flew down for a preview and planned out their niche in the Toronto community before making a 5 year commitment. Now she's upset? It's obviously something else.

This is silly.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#23 » by Geddy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:08 am

I guess even the Turkish community has noticed how bad he has been playing and as a result putting some heat on Turkododo and his wife.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
John F Kennedy
Rookie
And1: 266

Post#24 » by John F Kennedy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:15 am

HighOctane wrote:How can she be disappointed in the Turkish community? It was not as if her impression of the community was simply word of mouth. I'm sure that at some point they flew down for a preview and planned out their niche in the Toronto community before making a 5 year commitment. Now she's upset? It's obviously something else.

This is silly.

Where exactly is this Turkish community you are talking about. I.E. which intersections? or main focal points?

Give a man a Gun and he can rob a Bank, give a man a Bank and he can rob the World

Members who have chickened out of Toronto's cold weather and harsh environment: Vince Carter, Marion, Bosh, Alonzo Mourning, Hedo Türkoğlu, Vernon Wells
kush-
Veteran
And1: 64

Post#25 » by kush- » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:18 am

im 100% sure this is gossip.

crap like this doesn't travel from word of mouth
sanity on Jeremy Lin:
sanity wrote: Roko Ukic's court vision and play-making abilities far exceeds this player... I'm shocked this thread is going on as long as it has. Comparing Lin to Rautins is an insult to Rautins.
JYD_13
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#26 » by JYD_13 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:22 am

She's unhappy? Good, take Hedo and get the hell out of here.
HighOctane
Lead Assistant
And1: 363

Post#27 » by HighOctane » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:37 am

John F Kennedy wrote:

Where exactly is this Turkish community you are talking about. I.E. which intersections? or main focal points?

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic here, but I know people who partake in the Toronto Turkish Festival during the summertime which is usually a semi-big event. These same people run a Turkish Student Club at UofT. It's gotta mean something.
zoo
Junior
And1: 0

Post#28 » by zoo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:41 am

John F Kennedy wrote:
HighOctane wrote:How can she be disappointed in the Turkish community? It was not as if her impression of the community was simply word of mouth. I'm sure that at some point they flew down for a preview and planned out their niche in the Toronto community before making a 5 year commitment. Now she's upset? It's obviously something else.

This is silly.

2006 census has 14,970 people who identify themselves as Turkish living in TO. From wikipedia, but I don't feel like doing more research. That's a community my friend, they don't have to be neighbours.

Side note: did you quote yourself in your sig? Awesome.
Ah, I see you've played knifey-spoony before....
Dancing Raddish
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#29 » by Dancing Raddish » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:46 am

And she liked the Turkish population in Orlando? I never met a turkish person in Orlando before.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#30 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:47 am

yeah, they don't have their own enclave per se, but there is fair representation of Turks here. I mean outside of the usual immigration faves - Chicago/NY/LA I don't think there is another big center in the US that also has an NBA team.

Could be true .... but it seems odd
John F Kennedy
Rookie

Post#31 » by John F Kennedy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:52 am

zoo wrote:
John F Kennedy wrote:

This is silly.

2006 census has 14,970 people who identify themselves as Turkish living in TO. From wikipedia, but I don't feel like doing more research. That's a community my friend, they don't have to be neighbours.

Not really a quote since I had to shorten it, sounds less accurate now.

Give a man a Gun and he can rob a Bank, give a man a Bank and he can rob the World

Members who have chickened out of Toronto's cold weather and harsh environment: Vince Carter, Marion, Bosh, Alonzo Mourning, Hedo Türkoğlu, Vernon Wells
John F Kennedy
Rookie

Post#32 » by John F Kennedy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:57 am

I'm not Turkish myself, but I can say it's pretty hard identifying them without speaking to them.
Not really a quote since I had to shorten it, sounds less accurate now.[/quote]

Time for Change
Bench Warmer
And1: 727

Post#33 » by Time for Change » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:57 am

Carnage wrote:Go ahead and orchestrate a trade out of Toronto.

:rockon: at the thought of Raptors getting rid of that contract.

The problem is if Turk leaves he'll take some significant assets with him. No one is going to take on his contract without major incentives.

From the locked thread:
Ted Debiase wrote:If Hedo retires, do the Raps still have to pay him?

If Hedo wants to retire, he and the Raptors can mutually agree to void his contract, in which case they don't have to pay him. Hedo would then be a UFA, and could also retire if he so chose. If for some crazy reason the Raptors do not want to void his contract, Hedo can file official retirement papers with the league in which case he is banned from returning and going to another team, and he forgoes his remaining salary.

Edit: It's extremely unlikely Hedo would agree void his contract. The more likely scenario, if he wants out bad enough, is for him to agree to a buyout, which would save the Raptors a percentage of his contract.
ghostinthepost
Sixth Man
And1: 75

Post#34 » by ghostinthepost » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:00 am

Man Scott was a fool to post that, unless hes trying to get fired
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,103

Post#35 » by ItsDanger » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:11 am

Considering all the cultures in Toronto, how is it possible that this is an issue. She cant hang out with other people anyways? What a racist bitch.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
John F Kennedy
Rookie

Post#36 » by John F Kennedy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:22 am

ItsDanger wrote:Considering all the cultures in Toronto, how is it possible that this is an issue. She cant hang out with other people anyways? What a racist bitch.

She's unhappy she couldn't find another Turkish man as handsome, as tall, as rich as Turkoglu so she can have her threesome fantasy.

99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#37 » by 99 Problems » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:27 am

Lets be realistic guys, there is no way Hedo voids or buys out this contract, especially in this current economic climate and with the new CBA on its way.... The way he's playing, this is gonna be his last NBA contract, and there's no way he'll get anywhere in the ballpark of $53 million ever again.. He's worth the vet minimum now..

Hedo is set for life and his children are too...If his wife ever talked him into doing something like that, she would not only be grabbing him by the balls harder than Reggie ever could, she would be driving him to total financial ruin..

Best we can hope for is him stepping up in the playoffs and increasing his value so we can ditch him before his contract gets really bad...
rafer madness
Veteran
And1: 19

Post#38 » by rafer madness » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:35 am

This is so not true guys.
peteyjones13
Analyst
And1: 357

Post#39 » by peteyjones13 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:45 am

It's very good news actually if she's unhappy in Toronto. Obviously we all want Hedo to leave. If she wants to leave, that will mean better chance he wants to leave/will feel pressure to leave, and better chance he'll be willing to agree to a buyout.
raptorsam
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#40 » by raptorsam » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:41 am

She ain't no Michelle Carter

Return to Toronto Raptors