Game 7: Utah Jazz (2-4) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (2-2)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,471

Re: Game 7: Utah Jazz (2-4) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (2-2) 

Post#21 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Nov 5, 2023 1:43 am

red4hf wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:
red4hf wrote:Kessler by the way, has zero shots..... ZERO..... That's absurd........

He's looked terrible all season. I'm sure it's the sophomore slump, and he'll bounce out of it eventually, but he hasn't looked good on either end of the floor so far this season.

I agree he hasn't locked good, but I think it's the fit with Collins..... I don't think it's going to get any better...... You already see Hardy trying to do something by pulling him early, but so far it's not working

This was my impression before the season started but so far Collins hasn't clogged the paint and is playing far from the basket a lot. We just need better guards and a better scheme.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,126

Post#22 » by Rauxcee » Sun Nov 5, 2023 1:44 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:So far it feels like we're regressing. It's evident with Kessler but also with Markkanen. He used to abuse teams from any spot on the floor and now we're making him almost strictly a 3pt shooter like Chicago did. Sexton doesn't show progress, Dunn has regressed, and so has Clarkson. Agbaji is the same at best. Just my impression so far.

Which makes it all the more frustrating for me as I would rather just watch the young players play and see their growing pains vs a bunch of vets stinking it up.

Really hate how Lauri is being used though.
Wolverine
Bench Warmer
And1: 113

Post#23 » by Wolverine » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:34 am

We need to package all our mediocre players for a decent one. None of the guards can be happy with the rotations. I predict a trade request soon
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 461

Post#24 » by bkohler » Sun Nov 5, 2023 5:34 am

I think the problem is the rest of the league might see our mediocre players as… less than mediocre. I’d be highly surprised to see Sexton/Clarkson/THT/etc combined to bring back any decent player. I think so bad 1sts of 2nd round picks and expiring contracts is much more likely.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,700

Post#25 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 12:42 pm

I tried to watch the second half, but nodded off after the Wolves pulled away late in Q3. Lol.

I am really sad to see Kris Dunn removed from the rotation --- the one guard who is actually a point guard and who plays respectable defense. Rather than removing Dunn from the rotation, I would increase his minutes from 13 to 20 mpg to bring more defense and to see whether Dunn can find the same rhythm on offense that he found last season while averaging 25 mpg.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,700

Post#26 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 1:08 pm

Random Mike Conley stat: He's only got one turnover this season.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,070

Post#27 » by FJS » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:12 pm

We were in the game until we run our infamous zone defense. Then, they destroyed us.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 432

Post#28 » by TNJazz » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:31 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:I tried to watch the second half, but nodded off after the Wolves pulled away late in Q3. Lol.

I am really sad to see Kris Dunn removed from the rotation --- the one guard who is actually a point guard and who plays respectable defense. Rather than removing Dunn from the rotation, I would increase his minutes from 13 to 20 mpg to bring more defense and to see whether Dunn can find the same rhythm on offense that he found last season while averaging 25 mpg.

Why has Dun been removed? Trying to showcase THT and Sexton for future trades? if so, not working very well. They both are terrible and not fun to watch at all. THT's big dunk and his steal were the only highlights and he almost lost the steal on his way to the basket. I don't get why the guaranteed Dunn's contract, then haven't played him any meaningful minutes since. He runs the team better, and doesn't put hushed down to drive to the basket almost every time he touches the ball like THT and Sexton.

I guess we fans are wanting the team to try and win more games and the powers that be are more interested in acquiring assets and loosing games. They are a year late for that.

Already regretting I paid for another year of League Pass just to watch some pretty bad basketball. It's not even that I mind that they don't win, it's how they are losing that is so disappointing.
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Post#29 » by vryadli » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:26 pm

The Dunn story is not quite the same as of Ilyasova. But there is one bad similarity: they played very well on court and was removed by unfathomable reasons.

Tu put good defensive and high +- player on the bench. Doesn't smell as good chemistry recipe, I'm afraid. Why bother to play defense and choose good shots if it doesn't give you play time?

Return to Utah Jazz