Lauri is starting to level up again

Moderators: Inigo Montoya, FJS

PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,554

Lauri is starting to level up again 

Post#1 » by PaKii94 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:45 am

Tonight was the first time I've seen a full "#1 option" Lauri game. He was everywhere on the floor. If not for stubbing his fingers it could have been an even more monstrous night. He made AD look small!

I've been following Lauri's career as a bulls fan and I always thought he would be capped as a #2. A #1.5 at most on a hot shooting day. Today he showed his first game as a legit #1. This is a very exciting time as a Lauri fan. He's leveling up before our eyes game by game!

Here is what I wrote on the bulls board:

Just when I've come to terms with the bulls letting Lauri go, he goes ahead and levels up again. This time around he's added the "Jimmy Butler" offensive package.

Jimmy was elite in terms of efficiency and foul drawing and elite in lowest turnover rate for a "star".

Lauri's starting to get fouls like he did during Februlauri but he's added crazy efficiency to it along with very low turnover rate.

Tonight Lauri dominated AD as they went head to head as #1s. For the first time AD looked small next to Lauri.

29 points on 16 shots and 11 FTs. 70%TS

Tonight was the first time Lauri had a Legit #1 game. He's added passing to his game. 5 assists to 0 TOs! When did Lauri ever get 5 assists with the bulls??

Since Lauri has returned from injury, the Utah jazz are the hottest team in the NBA. 11-2.

In the current 5 game win streak (Philly, bucks, Denver, Toronto, Lakers) we are seeing a new creature JanuLauri. He's pretty much doing everything on the court.

P36
29/13/3 1TO 2stocks 71%TS, +20 NRTG

....and he's STILL under utilized!! Less than 25USG!

This was the guy bulls fans said "what can he do besides being soft, missing dunk attempts, and making some 3s? We don't need his shooting our team!" Alas.

Just imagine a 2024 version of the following lineup

Coby/Lavine(current version)/PWill/Lauri/Drummond

THAT would be a dark house contender like OKC
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,713

Re: Lauri is starting to level up again 

Post#2 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:04 pm

Lauri is #2 in NBA on efficiency when measured by points per possession (data is through yesterday morning).

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,713

Post#3 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:12 pm

FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#4 » by FranchisePlayer » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:13 pm

Surprisingly little talk in here about the Finnisher. He's playing like a monster out there! Unstoppable.
#Jazz #FranchisePlayer #Markkanen
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 432

Post#5 » by TNJazz » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:58 pm

Well....... The Finisher is getting some love. Here is a terrific article about how Rick Carlisle feels and felt about him back when he was still in College:
https://www.deseret.com/2024/1/16/24040140/lauri-markkanen-compared-to-dirk-nowitzki-rick-carlisle

Return to Utah Jazz