Hey, Hawks fan here

Moderators: Inigo Montoya, FJS

Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,632

Re: Hey, Hawks fan here 

Post#21 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sat Jun 3, 2023 6:10 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I think Quin is one of the best coaches in the league. Most of the issues with our team in the playoffs were due to roster construction that couldn't be fixed with clever rotations or different looks.

I disagree on both counts.

I'd say Babyjax is spot on. Every single team that fired a coach after Quin took the Atlanta job was disappointed that he didn't wait it out.

He's definitely one of the best coaches in the NBA and would have been one of the top choices if not the #1 option for every team looking for a new coach over the last few months.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
mudsak
Starter
And1: 1,916

Post#22 » by mudsak » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:12 pm

I think Snyder is an elite-genius level of a coach. Most people tend to have goldfish memories, but he completely re-invented schemes/systems a number of times while he coached for the Jazz. During his tenure he managed to churn out the number 1 defense, and number one offense on a number of occasions. He never quite got the roster he wanted to achieve what he wanted. The previous Jazz GM (Denis Lindsey) **** the bed down the stretch for the Jazz... made some really terrible choices that wasted resources and draft picks when we needed the final touches. The Jazz finally terminated Lindsey over what was apparently rooted in the sour relationship between Lindsey/Snyder not seeing eye to eye on roster construction/usage of resources.

Side note... the players loved him. I think the Hawks are in kind of a difficult situation roster/asset-wise, but I do think the Hawks are lucky to have Snyder. If your FO leverages his vision I think good things will happen for your team.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,712

Post#23 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:05 pm

Reviving an older thread here. I still think McMillan was a bit of a victim of his own success. He led the 20-21 Hawks, without an outstanding roster imo, all the way to the ECF, where they lost to the eventual champion Bucks in six games. This performance raised expectations too high. Nate, and now Synder, have not been able to get the Hawks to overperform again, with Snyder's team now doing worse than Nate's team was doing when Nate was fired.

Return to Utah Jazz