11 Cody Williams.....I like him a lot.
12 Collier
13 Salaun?
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 918

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Prospects 

Post#183 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon May 13, 2024 11:19 pm

Cody Williams, Rob Dillingham, and Topic fell a lot today. Topic due to what seems to be a serious knee injury and Williams and Dillingham because of awful measurements.

If Topic tore his ACL, he'll miss all of next season, would you select him at #10?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,463

Post#184 » by babyjax13 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:31 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Cody Williams, Rob Dillingham, and Topic fell a lot today. Topic due to what seems to be a serious knee injury and Williams and Dillingham because of awful measurements.

If Topic tore his ACL, he'll miss all of next season, would you select him at #10?

I bet the Spurs pick him at 8 I he slides to there because of the ACL.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,333

Post#185 » by Catchall » Tue May 14, 2024 4:52 am

I think the Jazz are probably looking at Williams, Knecht and Holland. They might also look at a big like Edey.

Holland looks like he might be a non-shooter, e.g., Gerald Wallace.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#186 » by Catchall » Tue May 14, 2024 4:52 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Cody Williams, Rob Dillingham, and Topic fell a lot today. Topic due to what seems to be a serious knee injury and Williams and Dillingham because of awful measurements.

Williams had solid measurements. He's basically like Cam Reddish. He still needs to fill out and add strength though.

I still have Topic and Williams as potentially the most impactful players in the draft. I'd draft Topic depending on the medical prognosis.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#187 » by Catchall » Tue May 14, 2024 4:54 am

babyjax13 wrote:

I could see the Spurs drafting Dillingham at #4 and either Williams or Knecht at #8.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#188 » by Catchall » Tue May 14, 2024 4:55 am

Incidentally, Kyshawn George's measured height, weight and wingspan are all the same as Joe Ingles entering the draft.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#189 » by babyjax13 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:36 am

Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I could see the Spurs drafting Dillingham at #4 and either Williams or Knecht at #8.

I honestly don't understand why people have Dillingham this high. If the Spurs want him and he is there at 8, that seems reasonable, but why take a guy who isn't a valuable archetype at 4? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see all-star upside. If you don't have all-star upside at that size, you aren't a top 5 pick.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#190 » by babyjax13 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:41 am

If Topic drops because of the ACL just take him and call it a day. Big enough he might be able to fit worh George. Tank again, but let the guys we already have develop, have two lotto picks on opening day for the 2025 season.

JColl
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#191 » by HadAnEffectHere » Tue May 14, 2024 11:42 am

Catchall wrote:

Williams had solid measurements. He's basically like Cam Reddish. He still needs to fill out and add strength though.

I still have Topic and Williams as potentially the most impactful players in the draft. I'd draft Topic depending on the medical prognosis.

Williams was 50 pounds underweight starting the college season.

... He now weighs less.

............... I don't get what's happening here. The weight measurements for him and Dillingham are just so bad that I'm really concerned. Dillingham drops out of the top 10 I'm guessing, he's just way too small.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#192 » by Catchall » Tue May 14, 2024 3:58 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I bet the Spurs pick him at 8 I he slides to there because of the ACL.

I honestly don't understand why people have Dillingham this high. If the Spurs want him and he is there at 8, that seems reasonable, but why take a guy who isn't a valuable archetype at 4? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see all-star upside. If you don't have all-star upside at that size, you aren't a top 5 pick.

You draft him that high if you think he's a Darius Garland or watered down Kyrie-level prospect. Some people think he's a top 4 guy.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#193 » by Catchall » Tue May 14, 2024 3:59 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
Catchall wrote:

... He now weighs less.

............... I don't get what's happening here. The weight measurements for him and Dillingham are just so bad that I'm really concerned. Dillingham drops out of the top 10 I'm guessing, he's just way too small.

So you want Cody Williams to weigh 240 lbs? You're on your own island with that take.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#194 » by HadAnEffectHere » Tue May 14, 2024 4:10 pm

Catchall wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:
Catchall wrote:

... He now weighs less.

So you want Cody Williams to weigh 240 lbs? You're on your own island with that take.

Cody Williams currently weighs.... 47 pounds less than his brother (as his brother seems to have bulked up to around 225).

Yes, I would like him to weigh the same as his brother as he has the same height and wingspan.

So he's currently 47 pounds underweight and he's made no progression this year which is worrying.

Cody Williams currently weighs 37 pounds less than Donovan Mitchell despite being 5-6 inches taller

Cody Williams being 50 pounds heavier than his listed Colorado weight of 180 would also make him 230 pounds....
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#195 » by HadAnEffectHere » Tue May 14, 2024 4:15 pm

Topic just had a knee sprain. Could drop him a little, but not too much.
AGE1207
Senior
And1: 136

Post#196 » by AGE1207 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:21 pm

All this name dropping is fun and nice but personally I don’t think we will be picking anyone. Much more likely Ainge will be looking to package a deal that includes most if not all of our 2024 picks…
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#197 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed May 15, 2024 3:26 pm

Justin Edwards was the heavy favorite for the Jazz's pick at 29, but he had a horrible combine and probably is a late second round pick now.

Would still expect the Jazz to draft him, but I would expect them to trade down a few times from 32 into the 50s before picking him.

Would say the favorite for 29 is Ulrich Chomche or AJ Johnson now.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#198 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 17, 2024 7:00 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Justin Edwards was the heavy favorite for the Jazz's pick at 29, but he had a horrible combine and probably is a late second round pick now.

Would still expect the Jazz to draft him, but I would expect them to trade down a few times from 32 into the 50s before picking him.

Would say the favorite for 29 is Ulrich Chomche or AJ Johnson now.

Chomche looked just as bad as he has everywhere else. I get that he has nice measureables and some hypothetical connective passing, but he looks 5 years away from being a backup (IMO). Johnson is interesting, though! I really like Dadiet, as well.

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,757

Post#199 » by AingesBurner » Fri May 17, 2024 12:31 pm

This will be the draft and stash class. Won’t be surprised if Utah doesn’t trade out of these late picks or drafts Euros who will stay in Europe for a few years.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#200 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 17, 2024 4:43 pm

AingesBurner wrote:This will be the draft and stash class. Won’t be surprised if Utah doesn’t trade out of these late picks or drafts Euros who will stay in Europe for a few years.

Drafting and stashing is becoming pretty rare. I think the second round is deep enough now that teams are just looking to see if they can hit on a rotation quality player who is ready now - if we don't want to make the amount of picks we have we should just trade one of them for a future pick or to move up slightly.

JColl

Return to Utah Jazz