Western Conference playoff seeds

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Western Conference playoff seeds 

Post#1 » by bleu » Fri Feb 1, 2008 9:54 pm

I know that there's allready been quite a bit of talk about this on the General NBA Discussion Board, but I want to know what Jazz fans think. How is the Western Conference seeding going to look at the end of the regular season? Many people think that the Jazz will be playing the Spurs in a 4-5 seed matchup. Personally I think that the Jazz will be the third seed, and they'll be playing Portland. Here's my prediction:

1. New Orleans
2. Phoenix
3. Utah
4. Dallas
5. San Antonio
6. Portland
7. L.A. Lakers
8. Sacramento

Post your own.
cjs55
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#2 » by cjs55 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:13 pm

1. Phoenix
2. New Orleans
3. Dallas
4. Utah
5. L.A.
6. San Antonio
7. Denver
8. Golden State

Although with the Gasol trade L.A. might finish higher.
JDubJazz
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#3 » by JDubJazz » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:15 pm

1. Phoenix
2. Dallas
3. New Orleans
4. Utah
5. LA Lakers (they would be my #4 if each division winner didn't get a top 4 seed)
6. San Antonio
7. Houston
8. Portland

Right now I've got the Jazz playing a MUCH IMPROVED Laker team in the first round. I also think the Lakers will have a better record than the Jazz, meaning we'll be on the road in LA for round 1. In other words, the Jazz are looking at an early exit from this year's playoffs unless they can get the 3rd seed or find a way to qualify for the postseason without winning the division.
--J-Dub--
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#4 » by Ming Kong! » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:19 pm

1. Phoenix - great regular season team, but will fail in the 2nd round..

2. Dallas - similar to Phoenix + half the teams can beat them in a seven game series

3. L.A. Lakers - probably wont have enough time for the main core to gel, but will likely end up in the top four

4. Utah - if health is by our side, we could be dangerous in a seven game series, with the Lakers and Spurs being the real only concerns for me

5. New Orleans - I can't see them finishing on top, but they wont slide too far. Health has definitely been on their side this year.

6. San Antonio - they have suffered from injuries, and they aren't always too great a regular season team, but they will perform better in the playoffs as usual. I expect them to make it atleast past the first round.

7. Denver - health has been on their side through most of the year, and though they were impressing earlier on, they have regressed some lately. They will bring upon a challenge to who ever they face if healthy.

8. Golden State - luckily for playoff teams, they don't have to worry about loosing home court advantage to GS. GS has proved though that they can exploit top seeded teams, so it wouldn't be a great surprise to me if they repeat what they did last year.
cjs55
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#5 » by cjs55 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:21 pm

3rd seed in your scenario isn't any better! Honestly, the Jazz have a huge chance of facing S.A. or the ridiculous new Lakers team in the first round. Not good. I'd much rather play any other team than those two.
JDubJazz
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#6 » by JDubJazz » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:32 pm

cjs55 wrote:3rd seed in your scenario isn't any better! Honestly, the Jazz have a huge chance of facing S.A. or the ridiculous new Lakers team in the first round. Not good. I'd much rather play any other team than those two.

I think something is genuinely wrong with San Antonio this year. I'd rather face them than the Lakers, because the Jazz have revenge on their mind against the Spurs, whereas the Jazz can't stop Kobe to save our lives.
--J-Dub--
Neon Black
Starter
And1: 19

Post#7 » by Neon Black » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:59 pm

I think San Antonio is fine. Tony Parker was playing for a while despite his bruised heel, and his production was clearly affected. Now he's sitting out, but the Spurs still beat Phoenix in Phoenix.

Return to Utah Jazz