Jazz @ Blazers

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

stevebozell
Starter
And1: 0

Post#121 » by stevebozell » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:21 am

Jazzfan Bayamon wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you can't see how much it affects the game, and more importantly OUR game, then you should be embarassed.

Obviously it affects the game, but there is a difference between affecting it, and being your excuse for everything the Jazz did wrong. Plus, are you not going to tell me that we get some favorable calls at home? I guarantee every other team in the league would say we do.
ColdBlue wrote:I think NJN should go to the cave and whip up a Sloan + NJN + anal lube = Championship sig.
Dakotah612
Head Coach

Post#122 » by Dakotah612 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:21 am

Give credit where it's due. The blazers are the third youngest team of all-time. They are playing great, no need to call some of the players scrubs or "pieces of crap"
"Damn the Blazers. Damn them to hell. They are working the rest of the league like a speedbag."
- Bill Simmons
stevebozell
Starter

Post#123 » by stevebozell » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:22 am

Dakotah612 wrote:Give credit where it's due. The blazers are the third youngest team of all-time. They are playing great, no need to call some of the players scrubs or "pieces of crap"

And no need for you to troll in here AFTER the fact when you didnt post a lick before. Troll.
ColdBlue wrote:I think NJN should go to the cave and whip up a Sloan + NJN + anal lube = Championship sig.
Dakotah612
Head Coach

Post#124 » by Dakotah612 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:24 am

Trolling I am not. Just stating an opinion.

It was a good game, also consider Portland did this w/o their franchise player in Brandon Roy.

Good game guys.
"Damn the Blazers. Damn them to hell. They are working the rest of the league like a speedbag."
- Bill Simmons
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#125 » by J~Rush » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:24 am

Dakotah612 wrote:Give credit where it's due. The blazers are the third youngest team of all-time. They are playing great, no need to call some of the players scrubs or "pieces of crap"

Troll.
e
stevebozell
Starter

Post#126 » by stevebozell » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:24 am

Dakotah612 wrote:Trolling I am not. Just stating an opinion.

It was a good game, also consider Portland did this w/o their franchise player in Brandon Roy.

Good game guys.

And we were without our only defender.
Tabasco
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#127 » by Tabasco » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:26 am

Portland fans are annoying.
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#128 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:26 am

stevebozell wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It isnt a matter of age, its a matter of ability. And they dont have the ability to play the only way Sloan will allow them, and he doesnt change his approach to maximize what they CAN do. Its very simple. If they play scared and sloppy on the road(which they have for years now), they need to get new guys, or change the way they play. Theyre not capable of playing his rigid way.

I love internet heroes who think they could coach or run an NBA team better than a HALL OF FAME coach! Its almost amusing....almost! Get serious, this loss was on our players. Sloan can go out there and play the game for them. Hell, at his age, Sloan could probably still play better D! Our team is having problems offensively.....its our Defense that is killing us. PLEASE PLEASE explain to me how Sloan is not allowing our guys Defense in a way they are able to. How would YOU change our defensive sets to maximize our players abilities??? These are professional athletes...they have the ABILITY to play defense, they just dont. They slack off their opponents, they dont fight for rebounds, they dont do the things that we have seen them do.

The only thing I am frustrated with Sloan about is the fact that he has become too soft on these guys. He is trying to keep players happy and is afraid to offend people, ever since AK cried to the Russian media. Sloan needs to start firing this team, and our CAPTAINS need to lead the team a way a CAPTAIN should. I dont see any inspiration from Boozer and Williams. Sure overall they play well, but they arent doing ANYTING to inspire or fire up THEIR team.
stevebozell
Starter

Post#129 » by stevebozell » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:26 am

Tabasco wrote:Portland fans are annoying.

+100
J_Ray
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#130 » by J_Ray » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:27 am

Memo is horrible right now, where's the Memo that when scoring toe to toe with Arenas? If Utah doesn't make a move for an energetic defensive C soon, they might as well lay down and get in a better spot in the lottery. I could live with Memo being a 1 Trick Pony but he has lost the only talent he had. He just doesn't have the same swagger anymore that he use to play with, and it might be time for him to move on. Utah needs a spark similar to Mikki Moore was for them, an active big guy. This team is starting to make me sick with their inconsistency.

When is the NBA Lottery btw? I need to know when so I can put it on my calendar :( Maybe we can borrow the Blazers' 4 Leaf clover....
Check my blog for a fresh outlook on the NBA:https://dimestonylon.wordpress.com
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#131 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:27 am

They are. They are playing out of their minds and are EXTEMELY overrated. Soon enough Portland will come crashing back to reality. Dont fool yourself!
stevebozell
Starter

Post#132 » by stevebozell » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:29 am

xstockholmsyndromex wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I love internet heroes who think they could coach or run an NBA team better than a HALL OF FAME coach! Its almost amusing....almost! Get serious, this loss was on our players. Sloan can go out there and play the game for them. Hell, at his age, Sloan could probably still play better D! Our team is having problems offensively.....its our Defense that is killing us. PLEASE PLEASE explain to me how Sloan is not allowing our guys Defense in a way they are able to. How would YOU change our defensive sets to maximize our players abilities??? These are professional athletes...they have the ABILITY to play defense, they just dont. They slack off their opponents, they dont fight for rebounds, they dont do the things that we have seen them do.

The only thing I am frustrated with Sloan about is the fact that he has become too soft on these guys. He is trying to keep players happy and is afraid to offend people, ever since AK cried to the Russian media. Sloan needs to start firing this team, and our CAPTAINS need to lead the team a way a CAPTAIN should. I dont see any inspiration from Boozer and Williams. Sure overall they play well, but they arent doing ANYTING to inspire or fire up THEIR team.

If Im an internet hero, what does that make you? I shutter at the thought! ANyway, of COURSE its on our players, and GUESS WHO GETS OUR PLAYERS???? If youre going to try and say Sloan doesnt have the final say in personell matters(LHM himself has said so), then you have your head too deep to be convinced of anything! This group of players ALWAYS plays that way on the road, while other teams do not, so something is flawed. Either its the coaching style, or the personell. Again, Sloan is responsible for both. If it makes you feel better to deny it, then thats fine.
ppilot
Freshman

Post#133 » by ppilot » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:32 am

Jazzfan Bayamon wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No it isn't. Because when they let you play and not call the "obvious" calls, then players get confortable, because they aren't avoiding the fouls. That's what happened tonight. Yes Webster got hot, but they got away with EVERYTHING down low. Moving screens, etc. And everytime they do it and aren't called, they'll do it harder the next time and get into a grove.

And to be honest, that isn't as bad, if the game is being called the same both sides, but when on the other hand, are getting called for every ticky-tack foul and violation, loose ball, offensive, etc. etc., then our guys become timid, and back off. That's what happened in the 3rd. They got hot, got pumped, and got away with EVERYTHING (as you can see, no TO's for them but lots of grabing, tripping and pushing for us). What happened, every single guy and that piece of sh
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#134 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:34 am

If Im an internet hero, what does that make you? I shutter at the thought! ANyway, of COURSE its on our players, and GUESS WHO GETS OUR PLAYERS???? If youre going to try and say Sloan doesnt have the final say in personell matters(LHM himself has said so), then you have your head too deep to be convinced of anything! This group of players ALWAYS plays that way on the road, while other teams do not, so something is flawed. Either its the coaching style, or the personell. Again, Sloan is responsible for both. If it makes you feel better to deny it, then thats fine.

Blame Sloan all you want, but at least answer my questions?? How is Sloan not allowing this team to play DEFENSE the way they are able too??? ITS NOT SLOAN...ITS THE PLAYERS!

Defense is what is killing us, not our offense. I agree that personnell changes need to be made, but we obviously arent going to dump the whole roster, so its on the PLAYERS we do have to grow a pair, show some sack, and start playing to their ABILITIES. It is on the players to find the FIRE. Sloan needs to be a part of that, but ultimately it is on the PLAYERS to band together and go into battle, with a killer insitinct!
ppilot
Freshman

Post#135 » by ppilot » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:35 am

xstockholmsyndromex wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They are. They are playing out of their minds and are EXTEMELY overrated. Soon enough Portland will come crashing back to reality. Dont fool yourself!

Do you really want the Blazers to get another lottery pick?
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#136 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:39 am

Why do Portland fans keep saying "We are the third youngest team in history"??/ WHO GIVES A FUGG? You guy are on average less than 1 year younger than the Jazz, the Sonics, and one other team. Your team's average age is something like 24.3 and I think the Jazz is like 25.1 or something like that!

There is also some serious genius out there when someone says "The reason their is such a FT differential is because you foul more". NO SH*T SHERLOCK. Thats usually what causes the differentail.....unless you get more shots per foul then other teams. We know we foul more, but tonight we got called for a LOT of bull fouls that the refs allowed the Blazers to get away with. Plain and simple, the refs werent the reason the Jazz lost, but they did allow Portland to play ALOT more physical then what they allowed the Jazzz to do.
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#137 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:40 am

Obviously it affects the game, but there is a difference between affecting it, and being your excuse for everything the Jazz did wrong. Plus, are you not going to tell me that we get some favorable calls at home? I guarantee every other team in the league would say we do.

I'm not saying it's the only reason, but, at least in this game, it fueled their run and buried our chances. They got hot and began attacking without any fear of the whistle, while we stuck our heads up our asses avoiding the "dredded sound." Had this been a fairly called game, I can bet most numbers (TO, FTA, etc) would have stayed equal and probably we'd have won. But unfortunatelly there's no way to find out, and they get away with it... again.

The only thing I've done differently is, if I was D-Will or Boozer, I would have taken the ball and gone horizontal on them to get to the line, and if they didn't call that, get a T (in other words, MAKE A FUSS). Usually star player (better yet, vet star players) do that to get the whistle a little bit more even.

And if I was any player on the Jazz, and I'm realizing they're calling everything on me, I'd make sure the call was a "correct" one, as everytime they'd move on pick, I'd tackle them with a Goldberg type spear, and everytime the drove just clothline them ore something, even if it meant taking and early shower. That's the type of energy we were used to in Sloan teams, and I agree with xstockholmsyndromex (yeah, I copy-pasted your name) that it seems he's not as tough on our guys anymore, and as following, our team isn't as tought anymore.
Siempre con mi isla del encanto!!
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#138 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:41 am

ppilot wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Do you really want the Blazers to get another lottery pick?

I couldnt care less. I care more about the undigested piece of corn in my turds than I do about the Portland Trailblazers and whether or not they end up with another lottery pick.
TexJazz
Bench Warmer
And1: 14

Post#139 » by TexJazz » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:43 am

Give Portland credit they have the Jazz number. This jazz team this year is a ghost of its former self of last year.
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#140 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:45 am

Portland has GS at home next, and then Toronto, NJ, Boston, Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, and New Orleans on the road, only to return home to play Houston. I think Portland's world will come crashing down soon!

Return to Utah Jazz