Draft Grades

Moderators: Inigo Montoya, FJS

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,471

Re: Draft Grades 

Post#41 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:55 am

babyjax13 wrote:A guy in our draft forum claims to have team contacts and that the workout was GG.

Yeah, it just makes more sense (and I wanted the Jazz to draft GG). Thanks for the info.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#42 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:05 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:A guy in our draft forum claims to have team contacts and that the workout was GG.

Yeah, it just makes more sense (and I wanted the Jazz to draft GG). Thanks for the info.

Fwiw I understood picking Hendricks if Whitmore had a medical red flag, but I would have picked him there, then Keyonte, and the Leonard Miller. GGs body language at South Carolina was abysmal amd he made the team much worse because he was the most selfish player I have ever seen. In high school he had more creation potential and I thought he might looks something like Lamar Odom, but in college he looked like Josh Smith without the defense and immense athletecism.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,471

Post#43 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:20 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

Fwiw I understood picking Hendricks if Whitmore had a medical red flag, but I would have picked him there, then Keyonte, and the Leonard Miller. GGs body language at South Carolina was abysmal amd he made the team much worse because he was the most selfish player I have ever seen. In high school he had more creation potential and I thought he might looks something like Lamar Odom, but in college he looked like Josh Smith without the defense and immense athletecism.

Sure. But I'd still take him at #28 if he's still on the board. At that point he's worth the gamble imho, although I will say I'm very intrigued by Sensabaugh. I hope he'll get some playing time so we can see what he can do.

As for GG, it's not a huge deal we didn't draft him (and to be fair, I gave a huge list of players I'd be ok if the Jazz drafted so at that point it's kinda hard to miss when some player turns out to be good--just say before the draft you wanted to draft everyone...). It's just that in general, I'd go for upside with later picks so he definitely fit the bill for such a pick at later stages of the draft. The big miss imho might end up being Whitmore because he was a more obvious prospect.

And yes, I would have been very happy with a Whitmore, Keyonte and Miller draft night.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 873

Post#44 » by HadAnEffectHere » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:55 pm

GG is having a terrible G-League season, is he really getting hype from making threes in two games.

Return to Utah Jazz