2023 Trade Rumors

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,754

Re: 2023 Trade Rumors 

Post#421 » by AingesBurner » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:55 am

bkohler wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:JC is available as well.

The truth is he's always been available... there's just not much demand for him.

I’d disagree, he became available after Snyder left.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,471

Post#422 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:39 pm

Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,443

Post#423 » by babyjax13 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:36 pm

I wonder if we could just go full-tilt weird this offseason and trade our picks for stars after renegotiating Lauri's contract.

e.g.:
renegotiate & extend Lauri
Hendricks + George + 2 CLE 1sts for Cunningham
Collins + MIN 1sts for Mikal Bridges
Sexton + Agbaji + Sensabaugh + MIN 1st for Simons

We'd still have some picks outstanding to draft guys or make trades, but the starting five would be:

Anfernee Simons - Cade Cunningham - Mikal Bridges - Lauri Markkenen - Walker Kessler
+ a 2024 lottery pick + Clarkson

I'm not sure this is a direction we should go, but we have enough trade assets to put together a young team that can make noise in the playoffs while still having assets for subsequent deals.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,055

Post#424 » by mg » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:10 am

babyjax13 wrote:I wonder if we could just go full-tilt weird this offseason and trade our picks for stars after renegotiating Lauri's contract.

e.g.:

We'd still have some picks outstanding to draft guys or make trades, but the starting five would be:

Anfernee Simons - Cade Cunningham - Mikal Bridges - Lauri Markkenen - Walker Kessler

I'm not sure this is a direction we should go, but we have enough trade assets to put together a young team that can make noise in the playoffs while still having assets for subsequent deals.

You're trippin

Also Simons isn't that good why send a star package for him?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,443

Post#425 » by babyjax13 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:24 am

mg wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I wonder if we could just go full-tilt weird this offseason and trade our picks for stars after renegotiating Lauri's contract.

e.g.:

You're trippin

Also Simons isn't that good why send a star package for him?

It is one firsts, two decent but not incredible prospects, and a neutral to bad contract for a guy who is probably going to average over 24ppg on good percentages. I wouldn't call it a star package, nor would I call him a star, but he is way better as an individual piece than any of the players we send out.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#426 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:44 am

The Nets have an insane asking price for Bridges, they will never accept Collins+MIN 1sts

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 166

Post#427 » by Hoops Addict » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:25 am

Lots of chatter about Markanen.

Will OKC pay a Kings ransom for him?

How about Mark and THT for C Wallace,Bertrans ( negative contract) and 4 picks?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#428 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:01 pm

Hoops Addict wrote:Lots of chatter about Markanen.

Will OKC pay a Kings ransom for him?

How about Mark and THT for C Wallace,Bertrans ( negative contract) and 4 picks?

That's a hard no from me. We have plenty of picks so unless OKC gives out really good ones, there is no point to any trade with them.

I also don't like that the suggestions I see are mostly for players they are trying to get rid of anyway, like Giddey and Bertans + a few nondescript picks.

The more I look at it, any trade with them should be centered around Jalen Williams. If they don't want to part with him, then too bad. They're not giving up SGA or Chet, so we should target Williams and then either Giddey (who they are trying to unload anyway and who is clearly the odd man out there) and or Wallace + picks. Good picks.

Wolverine
Bench Warmer
And1: 113

Post#429 » by Wolverine » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:17 am

Shouldve tried harder to get Herro
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,754

Post#430 » by AingesBurner » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:54 pm

Just read that general consensus among GMs is that Utah will be holding on to Lauri and extending him. The guy is a marketing gold mine for the Jazz, why get rid of him?
AGE1207
Senior
And1: 136

Post#431 » by AGE1207 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:01 pm

Markannen is a genuine building block for the Jazz, it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to trade him.
Clarkson needs to be traded now first. He is on a good contract and doesn’t move the needle. I would prefer they hold on to Olynyk as he is doing great on and off the court.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,093

Post#432 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:06 pm

Sup Jazz fans - crazy to get your thoughts on this:

It's no secret the Raptors FO have always had interest in THT and Utah was also interested in Trent last year.

Utah has a plethora of first round picks.

Why OG? Utah can afford to re-sign him and he bolsters their defense significantly. (Utah currently is a bottom 5 team in defense)

Lauri-OG on the wings is a very strong tandem. Having those two alongside the trio of young guns - Keyonte, Hendricks, and Kessler - bodes well for Utah moving forward.

Utah can still move Clarkson, Collins, etc., to accumulate more picks if they desire.

Utah Starting 5:
George
OG
Lauri
Hendricks
Kessler
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Wolverine
Bench Warmer
And1: 113

Post#433 » by Wolverine » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:47 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:Sup Jazz fans - crazy to get your thoughts on this:

It's no secret the Raptors FO have always had interest in THT and Utah was also interested in Trent last year.

Why OG? Utah can afford to re-sign him and he bolsters their defense significantly. (Utah currently is a bottom 5 team in defense)

Lauri-OG on the wings is a very strong tandem. Having those two alongside the trio of young guns - Keyonte, Hendricks, and Kessler - bodes well for Utah moving forward.

Utah can still move Clarkson, Collins, etc., to accumulate more picks if they desire.

Utah Starting 5:
George
OG
Lauri
Hendricks
Kessler

If raps are looking to trade pascal and OG why doesn’t Utah offer a heap of picks plus anyone on the roster besides KG, Hendricks, Laurie and Walker

Jazz
KG
OG
LM
PS
WK
And whatever else to make up numbers?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#434 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:20 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Sup Jazz fans - crazy to get your thoughts on this:

Utah Starting 5:
George
OG
Lauri
Hendricks
Kessler

This is a weird one because the asking price for OG is known to be much higher. The thing is that he's looking for a very big contract (perhaps the max?) and while I really like him, I wouldn't want to pay that much. So first, we're assuming he'd be willing to re-sign with the Jazz because there is no reason for the Jazz to do this trade otherwise, and second, that the Jazz would be willing to give him near max money.

My answer is that I'd do this deal with one change--I'd give up different pick because that 2029 Minnesota pick is potentially gold.

HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 855

Post#435 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:34 pm

I really like how we locked up John Collins for three years to try to trade him later and he's such a horrible fit with the roster that we are now benching Walker Kessler and giving Hendricks almost no minutes to try to boost Collins' trade value (while failing to do so).
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#436 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:42 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:I really like how we locked up John Collins for three years to try to trade him later and he's such a horrible fit with the roster that we are now benching Walker Kessler and giving Hendricks almost no minutes to try to boost Collins' trade value (while failing to do so).

In fairness, Hardy benched Kessler for Yurtseven too. It's less about Collins or Yurtseven as it is about Kessler not being as good as he was last season. But we've seen some progress recently so hopefully he'll be back to his former self soon and be a starter again. If anything, perhaps Hendricks is more impacted as there aren't enough minutes for him and he looks like he's ready for more minutes than he'd been getting.

D Rog
Junior
And1: 84

Post#437 » by D Rog » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:25 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:I really like how we locked up John Collins for three years to try to trade him later and he's such a horrible fit with the roster that we are now benching Walker Kessler and giving Hendricks almost no minutes to try to boost Collins' trade value (while failing to do so).

In fairness, Hardy benched Kessler for Yurtseven too. It's less about Collins or Yurtseven as it is about Kessler not being as good as he was last season. But we've seen some progress recently so hopefully he'll be back to his former self soon and be a starter again. If anything, perhaps Hendricks is more impacted as there aren't enough minutes for him and he looks like he's ready for more minutes than he'd been getting.

I wanted Collins for the price we paid (a 2nd round pick and Rudy Gay). I also think Kessler may have had a less than stellar start this year but I wonder how much of that was due to him playing with team USA.

I believe there are 2 main problems:

IMO, the first main problem is management's responsibility. I believe most of us agree the Jazz have too many rotational players and with the exception of Markkanen, not enough stars. The Jazz need to try to consolidate a few rotational players and maybe a pick for a star player. The question is what star player or what position? I still think PG because I don't think KG is a true PG. I like Dunn but I don't think he is a top 15 -20 PG in the league.

IMO, the second main problem is on Hardy. I used to get frustrated with Sloan for following such a strict rotation and strict timing of inserting bench players. I think Hardy needs some of that. I think he lacks consistency of when players go into the game and when they come out. I think he lacks consistency of playing time vs DNPCD. That has to be difficult for the player. That may also be because none of the players have really separated themselves from other players at their position. Obviously, it also has something to do with injuries.

HOW DID THIS WHOLE DISCUSSION END UP IN "TRADE RUMORS"?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#438 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:31 pm

D Rog wrote:HOW DID THIS WHOLE DISCUSSION END UP IN "TRADE RUMORS"?

Too much eggnog.

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#439 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:31 pm

Celtics Are Monitoring Kelly Olynyk
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/274081/Celtics-Are-Monitoring-Kelly-Olynyk

Not sure if the Celtics have anything we'd want.

red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 983

Post#440 » by red4hf » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:29 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Celtics Are Monitoring Kelly Olynyk
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/274081/Celtics-Are-Monitoring-Kelly-Olynyk

Not sure if the Celtics have anything we'd want.

Payton Prichard and 2 seconds? He's a bit small, but good shooter......

Return to Utah Jazz