Game 14: Utah Jazz (4-9) @ (Los Angeles Lakers 8-6)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,471

Game 14: Utah Jazz (4-9) @ (Los Angeles Lakers 8-6) 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:35 pm

Let's see if the Jazz continue to play better. It'd be nice to see Vanderbilt again and a possible matchup of him vs Collins and Markkanen.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,070

Re: Game 14: Utah Jazz (4-9) @ Los Angeles Lakers 8-6) 

Post#2 » by FJS » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:33 pm

UTAH JAZZ @ LOS ANGELES LAKERS

Tuesday, 21th November, 2023
Los Angeles, California
8:30 MDT
Crypto.com Arena

ImageImageImageImageImage

KEY BENCH PLAYERS
UTAH JAZZ

LOS ANGELES LAKERS
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#3 » by FJS » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:34 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Let's see if the Jazz continue to play better. It'd be nice to see Vanderbilt again and a possible matchup of him vs Collins and Markkanen.

Vanderbilt is out, as Vincent

Injury Report

Anthony Davis Day To Day (Adductor) - Davis is Probable for Tuesday's (Nov. 21) game against Utah.
Jalen Hood-Schifino Day To Day (Patella) - Hood-Schifino is Questionable for Tuesday's (Nov. 21) game against Utah.
LeBron James Day To Day (Calf) - James is Questionable for Tuesday's (Nov. 21) game against Utah.
Jarred Vanderbilt Out (Heel) - The Lakers announced that Vanderbilt has begun a return to play progression.
Gabe Vincent Out (Knee) - The Lakers announced that Vincent will be out for at least two weeks with a left knee effusion.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#4 » by FJS » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:13 am

It's difficult when we cannot compete.

The only good thing is we have 2 games vs not so good teams (the ones who are not playing the tournament)

Looks like we will play one game at home vs Clippers, and one away vs Mavs or SAS.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,700

Post#5 » by Crunch 99 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:10 pm

I wonder if the Jazz pushed Keyonte George in to a starting role too quickly? For his time playing as a starter, he has an abysmal 42.8 TS%, which I worry could be shaking his confidence and be a difficult slump for the rookie to pull out of.

We still have other options for starter pg we haven't tried this season: veteran Kris Dunn, who still has the best three games as starter pg in the last two seasons for anyone not named Mike Conley, and veteran Collin Sexton.
AGE1207
Senior
And1: 136

Post#6 » by AGE1207 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:53 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:I wonder if the Jazz pushed Keyonte George in to a starting role too quickly? For his time playing as a starter, he has an abysmal 42.8 TS%, which I worry could be shaking his confidence and be a difficult slump for the rookie to pull out of.

We have a couple of other early season options for starter pg: veteran Kris Dunn, who still has the best three games as starter pg in the last two seasons for anyone not named Mike Conley, and veteran Collin Sexton.

Brice Sensabaugh is going through traditional rookie steps, going to G-League, gaining confidence as he starts to dominate in G-League play, and then will hopefully show up with the main team and learn to be an effective contributor off the bench for a meaningful period before he is considered for starter.

I don’t think it was too early no. First of all because our starting line up wasn’t getting anything done anyway and secondly coz George has the most potential and the best way to turn this potential into something useful is giving it the necessary exposure.
This being said, I wouldn’t mind pulling him out of his starting role now for 2-3 games just to allow him to absorb a few things and settle down again.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,631

Post#7 » by Cappy_Smurf » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:22 pm

AGE1207 wrote:
I don’t think it was too early no. First of all because our starting line up wasn’t getting anything done anyway and secondly coz George has the most potential and the best way to turn this potential into something useful is giving it the necessary exposure.
This being said, I wouldn’t mind pulling him out of his starting role now for 2-3 games just to allow him to absorb a few things and settle down again.

Good development means putting a player in a position where they have a chance to succeed. Throwing a young guy in to get taken to the wood shed is not a good way to develop them.

As much as fans like to complain about teams playing vets that aren't part of the future, there's a reason why coaches in the NBA don't run out a lineup of 5 rooks/young guys and let them lose by 40 every night in hopes of drafting the next star. The NBA is much more complicated than this.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,471

Post#8 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:50 pm

This game was rough, proably the worst Jazz game I've seen this season. Just plain suckage all around.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.

Return to Utah Jazz