Re: 2024 Trade Rumors 

Post#141 » by tugs » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:22 pm

Jampod wrote:Posting this trade idea from the jackpotting around podcast:

Houston trades: Brooklyn’s 2024 FRP
2026 FRP Brooklyn pick
Jabari Smith or Green
2027 Swaps or Tari Eason

Jazz Trade: Lauri Markkannen.
I mean Ainge is a master but this is too much from Houston to trade their cornerstone guard, maybe Jabari. And Tari can be their defensive anchor
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#142 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 2:20 pm

What would Ainge require picks-wise from the Knicks if they used Bojan Bogdanovic as the matching salary in a Lauri deal?
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,053

Post#143 » by mg » Sat May 4, 2024 2:43 pm

Markkanen+Clarkson for Rui+ Reaves+ M.Lewis+ '24 FRP(#17)+ '29 FRP+ '31 FRP+ protection removed from '27 FRP?

Jazz can always send them the Denver '24 if that helps sweeten the deal?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,471

Post#144 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat May 4, 2024 4:49 pm

NYG wrote:What would Ainge require picks-wise from the Knicks if they used Bojan Bogdanovic as the matching salary in a Lauri deal?

I don't think there is a deal to be had with the Knicks, to be honest. None of the picks they own is attractive enough because the picks they own from other teams have too many protections to be enticing, and the Knicks are too good for their own picks to be valuable enough. And the Jazz don't need Bojan, he'd basically be an expiring contract. That's not good value for Markkanen. Don't see the Jazz and Knicks as ideal trade partners on Markkanen.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#145 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat May 4, 2024 6:34 pm

Tony Jones and Andy Larsen talked about potential trade ideas.

Brandon Ingram was the main guy discussed. Larsen and Jones don't see many guys available that are feasible for the Jazz other than Trae and Brandon Ingram.
Gert42
Senior
And1: 214

Post#146 » by Gert42 » Sat May 4, 2024 7:04 pm

Ugh I did not want to do this after last years team (22-23)was competitive for a few months, but I really don’t want the Jazz to trade for Trae or Brandon Ingram because with the future assets they would have to give up I still don’t think the Jazz are a Top 6 team in the West in the next 2-3 years, not even sure they would be a lock for Top 8.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#147 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat May 4, 2024 7:58 pm

Gert42 wrote:Ugh I did not want to do this after last years team (22-23)was competitive for a few months, but I really don’t want the Jazz to trade for Trae or Brandon Ingram because with the future assets they would have to give up I still don’t think the Jazz are a Top 6 team in the West in the next 2-3 years, not even sure they would be a lock for Top 8.

Trading for Ingram basically locks in the Jazz's front court with Kessler-Markkanen-Ingram and allows them to focus on PG and SG and depth. I actually think this front line will make the Jazz pretty good. The Jazz are at a point where they need to start converting their assets, otherwise they'll be forced to give them away for nothing. You can only have so many draft picks, can't use them all.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#148 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat May 4, 2024 8:00 pm

The big issue with adding Ingram is that

1. Ingram is not very good
2. Ingram and Markkanen combined will make 60% of the cap and you're still nowhere close to being a 50 win team. The second apron is set at 134.4% of the cap and the luxury tax is set at 122.2% of the cap and the Jazz won't go over the tax, so Ingram+Markkanen will make up essentially half of the Jazz's entire max team payroll.
Jampod
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#149 » by Jampod » Sat May 4, 2024 8:05 pm

We just need to tank next year and hope that Will Hardy doesn’t get so frustrated that he looks for a different job. The fans can use our new nhl team as a healthy distraction. I hope the new name is Golden Eagles btw
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#150 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat May 4, 2024 8:53 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:The big issue with adding Ingram is that

2. Ingram and Markkanen combined will make 60% of the cap and you're still nowhere close to being a 50 win team. The second apron is set at 134.4% of the cap and the luxury tax is set at 122.2% of the cap and the Jazz won't go over the tax, so Ingram+Markkanen will make up essentially half of the Jazz's entire max team payroll.

Putting aside the issue of how good Ingram is, the cap problem you're describing will happen anyway. With Markkanen's new contract and any player of stature the Jazz will get in a trade (Ingram, Young, Murray, etc.), Markkanen+star player X will take up at least half the team's payroll. Unless the Jazz happen to get a star player who is still on his rookie deal, this is bound to happen. Unfortunately, unless Ainge pulls something crazy, this is the caliber of players the Jazz can maybe get. It's either that or the Jazz trade Markkanen sooner rather than later (they'll still sign him to a new contract and then trade him when they can) and build completely through the draft. The more time passes, the more I'm suspecting this is what will happen, unless Ainge manages a big trade this offseason.

HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#151 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat May 4, 2024 8:55 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:The big issue with adding Ingram is that

Putting aside the issue of how good Ingram is, the cap problem you're describing will happen anyway. With Markkanen's new contract and any player of stature the Jazz will get in a trade (Ingram, Young, Murray, etc.), Markkanen+star player X will take up at least half the team's payroll. Unless the Jazz happen to get a star player who is still on his rookie deal, this is bound to happen. Unfortunately, unless Ainge pulls something crazy, this is the caliber of players the Jazz can maybe get. It's either that or the Jazz trade Markkanen sooner rather than later (they'll still sign him to a new contract and then trade him when they can) and build completely through the draft. The more time passes, the more I'm suspecting this is what will happen, unless Ainge manages a big trade this offseason.

I mean, yes, any player the Jazz add at a max has to be really really good as the Jazz can't add a third max guy.

Ingram just being ehh means that adding him is not a very good idea.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,303

Post#152 » by Catchall » Sun May 5, 2024 1:47 am

This Lakers pick in '27 better be pretty sweet the way the Jazz helped the Twolves with the Conley trade.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to Utah Jazz