Sixers @ Jazz

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

The Sheik
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#161 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:01 am

what a lame Morgan Diamond Jewelers play of the game......We all know it was the classic Gira travel. I almost teared up.
GoJazz33
Sophomore

Post#162 » by GoJazz33 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:03 am

P.S. Why are Jazz fans such boo birds? Really, some times (like tonight, and to some extent the Fisher game) it's pretty embarassing. I honestly think if Deron Williams was traded next week for Steve Nash, DW would be booed his next game here. That's pretty pathetic...
TexJazz
Bench Warmer
And1: 14

Post#163 » by TexJazz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:03 am

Yup , without Gira that will be at least two less turnovers per game.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#164 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:04 am

New Jazzy Nets wrote:Seriously how bad can it be for the Jazz to run Miles at the backup point? We mostly just pass around to find the open shot, we dont really need a setup backup point, and besides hart isn't that anyway, it seems liek a waste for him to take 1-3 shots a game, because hes going to miss.

So what? We dont need a scoring threat out there at PG. We now have legit wing threats in CJ and Korver and post presence with Harpring and Sap. If Hart doesnt turn the ball over and gets the ball where it needs to be he can go 0-3 all he wants.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#165 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:06 am

GoJazz33 wrote:P.S. Why are Jazz fans such boo birds? Really, some times (like tonight, and to some extent the Fisher game) it's pretty embarassing. I honestly think if Deron Williams was traded next week for Steve Nash, DW would be booed his next game here. That's pretty pathetic...

Fishers was totally uncalled for and he didnt deserve it the least bit. Gira on the other hand...who cares. Im happy the boo'd him, none of us where ever 100% satisfied with his efforts (Sloan or not). Gira is a selfish teammate and Im happy he is gone.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#166 » by CAE15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:09 am

The Sheik wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Fishers was totally uncalled for and he didnt deserve it the least bit. Gira on the other hand...who cares. Im happy the boo'd him, none of us where ever 100% satisfied with his efforts (Sloan or not). Gira is a selfish teammate and Im happy he is gone.

Well some people think Fisher used his daughter as a way out of utah, just kinda taking advantage of a bad situation, I dont personally know, but thats how the fans are, we Booo about anyone who used to be here.
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#167 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:10 am

So what? We dont need a scoring threat out there at PG. We now have legit wing threats in CJ and Korver and post presence with Harpring and Sap. If Hart doesnt turn the ball over and gets the ball where it needs to be he can go 0-3 all he wants.

However, if CJ could play the point, the talent/ability level would be higher on the court, and it would also help solve the problem that is now the 2-3 spots on the Jazz.

CJ splitting time at the 1, AK spliting time at the 4, leaves more for KK and even Harp at the 2-3 spots with Brewer as the starting 2.

For example... There would have been 9 more minutes to spread around for CJ, Korver and even Brewer tonight.
Siempre con mi isla del encanto!!
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#168 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:11 am

Damn we have played the most games out of anyone in the west (including 5 more then 1st place SA).
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#169 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:14 am

Jazzfan Bayamon wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

However, if CJ could play the point, the talent/ability level would be higher on the court, and it would also help solve the problem that is now the 2-3 spots on the Jazz.

CJ splitting time at the 1, AK spliting time at the 4, leaves more for KK and even Harp at the 2-3 spots with Brewer as the starting 2.

For example... There would have been 9 more minutes to spread around for CJ, Korver and even Brewer tonight.

But you cant rely on a 20 yr old that has never played that position to run a team. Just realize there is a lot of pressure to being a PG, Jason Hart may not be the best, but he keeps the turnovers down and is slowly getting more comfortable out there. Plus I dont like the defensive matchups CJ would face.
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#170 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:18 am

But you cant rely on a 20 yr old that has never played that position to run a team. Just realize there is a lot of pressure to being a PG, Jason Hart may not be the best, but he keeps the turnovers down and is slowly getting more comfortable out there. Plus I dont like the defensive matchups CJ would face.

I know and you're right, however, note me saying could play the point. That means all that considered and still being able to do it. If he could, it'd help the log jam at the 2-3 spots.

The Sheik
General Manager

Post#171 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:19 am

I know and you're right, however, note me saying could play the point. That means all that considered and still being able to do it. If he could, it'd help the log jam at the 2-3 spots.

for sure
CAE15
Assistant Coach

Post#172 » by CAE15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:22 am

Why couldn't CJ spell Deron for 10 minutes a game? or at least brewer, hell even AK, we just need to use our best players and right now Hart,Collins,Price are at the bottom IMHO. Theres no reason one of the two Brew or Miles cant take it up the court and run the offense, both have brought the ball up the court in games, so why not make it more of a trend? And I think we do need as many scorers as possible having one guy that is good on D is not going to be the difference, we need to try and faltout outscore our opponent we wont win on the defensive end.
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#173 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:29 am

New Jazzy Nets wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why couldn't CJ spell Deron for 10 minutes a game? or at least brewer, hell even AK, we just need to use our best players and right now Hart,Collins,Price are at the bottom IMHO. Theres no reason one of the two Brew or Miles cant take it up the court and run the offense, both have brought the ball up the court in games, so why not make it more of a trend? And I think we do need as many scorers as possible having one guy that is good on D is not going to be the difference, we need to try and faltout outscore our opponent we wont win on the defensive end.

Shiek is right. There are lots of pressure of being THE PG. There is a BIG difference of bringing the ball up with a PG and bringing it up court AS THE PG. For starters, you can bring the ball up with a PG in with you, and you know if you face any pressure, he'll come and take the ball (at least should) back to relieve the pressure and set up the offense. However if you ARE the PG, then you don't have any "backup" and it's up to you to make things happen. That's why PG is one of the most important (if not the) in basketball, and good PGs are hard to find.

However, like I said before, if CJ could cope with all that and handle it, then by all means, it'd make our team a lot better.

CAE15
Assistant Coach

Post#174 » by CAE15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:38 am

is there really any guard who can't handle a lit pressure from one guy? it's different if he's getting doubled, but still I think its at least worth a try, but we wont and we'll have to live with how we decided to spread the minutes around, Brewer is going to take the hardest hit IMHO. hell maybe even we shoudl try to play small once in awhile with millsap at center and harp at the 4 allthough that is a little too small, depends on who were playing, I like everyhting the jazz are doing right now, but im worried about the minutes between Korver,Miles,Brewer.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#175 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:39 am

Deron with 20 assists! Whoa!
Dozer!
Senior
And1: 46

Post#176 » by Dozer! » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:42 am

I think if we did'nt have Korver to make those end of game free throws we would of lost. With the way we played we were lucky to win this game.
Racer X
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#177 » by Racer X » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:42 am

Deron just flat out dominated this game. That is why we won. Jeeeeesuzzzz he had 20 assts. His career high was 21 which he got in an OT loss to the Grizz.

I still wonder what is going to happen to our SG situation. Locke mentioned it on his game blog, and I have been saying it a lot, I dont think they can keep playing Brewer/CJ/Korver like 15 min each. All are playing well. I wonder what is going to happen.
trueblue8to5
Sophomore

Post#178 » by trueblue8to5 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:48 am

I think Brewer is the constant in this situation.

CJ and Korver essentially bring the same thing, outside shooting. CJ struggled in the first half, and was quickly benched for Korver. CJ gets another chance in the second half, and knocks down a couple treys. CJ earned his 17 minutes tonight. And Korver was insanely productive in his 11.

We just have to get used to communicating on defense with the new rotations, we did a horrible job helping on D.

With that win though the Jazz accomplished something.

It's called a WINNING STREAK.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#179 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:53 am

Racer X wrote:I still wonder what is going to happen to our SG situation. Locke mentioned it on his game blog, and I have been saying it a lot, I dont think they can keep playing Brewer/CJ/Korver like 15 min each. All are playing well. I wonder what is going to happen.

Well if CJ continues to shoot well (with his age and upside) someone will give him Kapono money.

If the Jazz and the players are willing to be patient AK and Harpring wont be here in 2yrs. I wouldnt even be surprised if AK gets dealt this summer. I mean it obviously makes more sense to have 3 players (Korver, Brewer and CJ) making the money one player does, especially since they bring everything he does minus blocks and the "wow" passing. As much as I love AK his money will never justify his on the court contribution. My dream deal would involve cap relief, picks some bench depth and Sean Williams.
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#180 » by Reckless » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:14 am

Look at the FT disparity. We did not get called for an over the back ONCE in the game, even though Evans and Dalembert push off and go over almost all the time. On the other hand the call a STUPID offensive foul on Boozer while driving on the break (he barely touched Evans).

Yeh I was pretty pissed at this clueless officiating crew
That offensive foul on Booze on the fastbreak was unbelievable

Booze just wouldn't let the jazz lose, props to him on those clutch jumpers

Korver is nice guy to have in the 4th quarter, easily our best free throw shooter

Nice shooting from CJ continues, happy for him

It's nice to have this talent at the SG position on our team
And let's not forget Morris Almond killing it in the D-League

Return to Utah Jazz