Mark Eaton should be in the HOF

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

dalekjazz
Sixth Man
And1: 2
Location: Karl Malone Quote: "Anybody not wearing a Utah Jazz jersey is the enemy."

Mark Eaton should be in the HOF 

Post#1 » by dalekjazz » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:47 am

In the General Board and Player Comparison forums there have been talks about guys like Rodman, Ben Wallace, and Mutombo belonging in the HOF. Well why not Mark Eaton, two time defensive player of the year who led the league in blocked shots four times? A former unheralded fourth round pick Eaton revolutionized the art of shot-blocking and one year averaged a whopping 5.6 blocks a game, a number nobody has approached. Eaton is in the top five all-time in blocked shots despite only playing 11 years. The guys in front of him (Kareem, Hakeem, Mutombo) have played many more seasons than Eaton. Per minute, Eaton is probably the all-time leader in blocked shots. Also unlike Rodman and Wallace Eaton was not a bad image for the NBA and was in general a good character on and off the court. I won't even discuss Adrian Dantley whose exclusion from the HOF is a total sham.
Malone Strong
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Malone Strong » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:53 am

I agree completely. Well said :clap:
stevebozell
Starter
And1: 0

Post#3 » by stevebozell » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:59 am

I dont know that Eaton belongs in the hall of fame, but I dont think those other guys do either. My thoughts on the hall of fame are, if you have to even debate them being in, they shouldnt be in. I think the hall of fame should be the ultimate elite, bar none. And that goes about x100 for guys who played that hall of fame career in Utah because of the blatant lack of coverage of our team, with Adrian Dantley being the perfect example. He, to me, is an obvious HOF'er. But because he played here, back in the days when there wasnt league pass or even TNT and ESPN national coverage nevertheless, he isnt getting in. And that is, truly, a sham.
ColdBlue wrote:I think NJN should go to the cave and whip up a Sloan + NJN + anal lube = Championship sig.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#4 » by bleu » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:28 am

do i think he belongs there? YES

do i think he will ever get there? NO
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#5 » by CAE15 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:50 am

456 blocks in a season deserves it alone IMHO, beast, but yeah he wont get it.

Return to Utah Jazz