High Definition Jazz???

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,160

High Definition Jazz??? 

Post#1 » by jazzfan1971 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:10 am

I've got comcast and I only get to see the Jazz in high def on the occasional national game.

What gives?

Any of you getting KJZZ or FSRM games in high def?

Who's butt do I have to kick to get me some high def Jazz on comcast?
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Pai Gow
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Pai Gow » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:15 am

From what I understand of it, you'll only get a few High Def games and when they are broadcasting they will be shown on a different channel than the ones for standard viewing. Usually during the pre-game they will tell you whether the game is on HD or not.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I think I heard something along the lines that KJZZ will being going into HD sometime in the near feature so all the Jazz games will be viewed in HD, dunno if there is any truth to that though.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,160

Post#3 » by jazzfan1971 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:25 am

I called Comcast. (485-0500) The girl (and I do mean girl) that helped me was friendly, but, the best she could tell me was sometime in the next year.

Ugg.

That doesn't help me much. I just got the fancy TV and the upgraded HD package with DVR and now I NEED THE JAZZ IN HD.

I'd be happy to sacrifice my Animal Planet HD if that helps speed the process.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Tabasco
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#4 » by Tabasco » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:27 am

Kids in Africa are starving as I type this
The Sheik
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#5 » by The Sheik » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:31 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:I called Comcast. (485-0500) The girl (and I do mean girl) that helped me was friendly, but, the best she could tell me was sometime in the next year.

Ugg.

That doesn't help me much. I just got the fancy TV and the upgraded HD package with DVR and now I NEED THE JAZZ IN HD.

I'd be happy to sacrifice my Animal Planet HD if that helps speed the process.

Occasionally the Jazz games are in HD, and can be found on MOJO. It will even list it on the menu as Utah Jazz vs such and such HD, but will still show the programming on Mojo. So Im not sure what games on FSN are or not, but thats the channel.

As for KJZZ they have said HD by the playoffs, or at the rate we are going pre-season.
ColdBlue
Assistant Coach
And1: 16

Post#6 » by ColdBlue » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:03 am

NBALP isn't in HD is it?
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#7 » by Ming Kong! » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:26 am

Tabasco wrote:Kids in Africa are starving as I type this

Yeah, and as are chicks in Hollywood.
soapblaster
Starter

Post#8 » by soapblaster » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:58 pm

ColdBlue wrote:NBALP isn't in HD is it?
No. Even if they offered it, the game would have to be broadcast in HD. KJZZ TV doesn't broadcast in HD yet, but by the year 2010, everyone, and I do mean everyone will be required to broadcast in HD. I guess there are finally enough people that have HD capabilities that the entire industry is moving that way.

As for right now, Jazzfan, you can only get the games in HD if it is being televised via ESPN and TNT. Only one time this whole season have the Jazz allowed MOJO to broadcast the game in HD, when the Jazz were the NBA TV game of the night. We have been the game of the night a few times, but all of the other times, it was blacked out locally, and only the out of staters could get the game in HD.

Patience my friend. By the end of next year, it will all be HD.
Bat wrote:Utah is one of the most depressing cities.
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#9 » by Duiz » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:44 pm

Tabasco wrote:Kids in Africa are starving as I type this

Kids in missippi too.

Unfortunately, people won't ever wake up to the reality that our world lives it, and the fact that as global citizens we have a responsibility to our fellow human beings.
soapblaster
Starter

Post#10 » by soapblaster » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:53 pm

Duiz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kids in missippi too.

Unfortunately, people won't ever wake up to the reality that our world lives it, and the fact that as global citizens we have a responsibility to our fellow human beings.
You write the first check then my brother. Others will follow.
Bat wrote:Utah is one of the most depressing cities.
jazzed77
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Post#11 » by jazzed77 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:28 pm

I'm not exactly sure what the purpose of tobasco & duiz post was.... was it that HDTV is not a very important issue in the world(it's not) but how is it any less trivial than spending ANY time on a sports board or watching sports in general.....I'm a police officer on a reservation and I know a thing or two about children and people suffering, and if I spent all day concentrating on it w/o some diversion I'd go crazy.....
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#12 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:32 pm

Duiz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kids in missippi too.

Tell them to get their asses off of welfare and do something then!! Problem is, many americans are too damn lazy to do the work required. We do have a responsibility to our fellow human beings to not be societies leeches! We have a responsibility to not bring the nation down because we dont want to do a hard days work. If some of these "starving people" would do the work immigrants do, then we wouldnt have such a problem with illegal immigration.....and all the wonderful problems associated with it. Its not my responsibility to support the lazy people. Im willing to help those who really really do need it, but as a whole, that less than 1% of those of are on our governments current welfare system.
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#13 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:34 pm

jazzed77 wrote:I'm not exactly sure what the purpose of tobasco & duiz post was.... was it that HDTV is not a very important issue in the world(it's not) but how is it any less trivial than spending ANY time on a sports board or watching sports in general.....I'm a police officer on a reservation and I know a thing or two about children and people suffering, and if I spent all day concentrating on it w/o some diversion I'd go crazy.....

:o RUN!! Its the cops!!!
Nickhex777
Sophomore

Post#14 » by Nickhex777 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:46 pm

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure the Suns are the only NBA team with all games in HD at this point.....
Tabasco
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#15 » by Tabasco » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:00 pm

jazzed77 wrote:I'm not exactly sure what the purpose of tobasco & duiz post was.... was it that HDTV is not a very important issue in the world(it's not) but how is it any less trivial than spending ANY time on a sports board or watching sports in general.....I'm a police officer on a reservation and I know a thing or two about children and people suffering, and if I spent all day concentrating on it w/o some diversion I'd go crazy.....

It was a joke...
Duiz
Banned User

Post#16 » by Duiz » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:02 pm

xstockholmsyndromex wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Tell them to get their asses off of welfare and do something then!! Problem is, many americans are too damn lazy to do the work required. We do have a responsibility to our fellow human beings to not be societies leeches! We have a responsibility to not bring the nation down because we dont want to do a hard days work. If some of these "starving people" would do the work immigrants do, then we wouldnt have such a problem with illegal immigration.....and all the wonderful problems associated with it. Its not my responsibility to support the lazy people. Im willing to help those who really really do need it, but as a whole, that less than 1% of those of are on our governments current welfare system.

About half of the people that post very actively are just jerks and idiots, and for some reason, I always thought of you being an intelligent and nice poster. Therefore, I will give you this great academic read: "On the folly of rewarding A, while hoping for B" by Steven Kerr. This academic article will give you a beginner's understanding of the attitude problem by those who are privileged, and those who are in power.

jazzed77, the reality is uglier than we think. There is two ways react about anything in life are... Know and Do. Do is very unconventional when the Know part is not filled. However, we define maturity as a competent understanding of the Know before doing the Do. I see your point, and I don't disagree with the human necessity of "me time." I guess what I am saying is that we would rethink "me time" if we understoof more of the suffering of our fellow human beings.

I guess that is my 2 cents
Duiz
Banned User

Post#17 » by Duiz » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:04 pm

Tabasco wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It was a joke...

and mine wasn't..

ANYWAYS WAY TOO OFFTOPIC!

So can normal comcast customer see HD games for free?
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,565

Post#18 » by El Turco » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:27 pm

how the **** thread about HD tv turned into a thread about starvation??

props. Jazz board>OTB.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
ColdBlue
Assistant Coach
And1: 16

Post#19 » by ColdBlue » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:12 am

Its not my responsibility to support the lazy people. Im willing to help those who really really do need it, but as a whole, that less than 1% of those of are on our governments current welfare system.

If it came down to welfare or crime, I would choose crime. The first house I would rob would be yours. :P
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#20 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:00 am

ColdBlue wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If it came down to welfare or crime, I would choose crime. The first house I would rob would be yours. :P

It would be the last house you robbed!! :D In fact, it would probably be the last thing you did.

Besides, if you happened to rob my house while I wasnt there, you wouldnt get much. Im poor...heck, I dont even have cable! :P

Return to Utah Jazz