Jazz Benched Under-rated

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

HolyToledo
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Jazz Benched Under-rated 

Post#1 » by HolyToledo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:01 pm

I saw a stat on TV during yesterdays game that the Jazz Bench was one of the worst scoring benches in the league. I thought this was quite a disceptive stat. Jazz have a good bench with Harpring, Korver, Miles, and Millsap to name a few.

These guys can score if given an opertunity. The reason they dont score alot is because the Jazz have many scorers on the team and there are not enough shots to go around. The Jazz have one of the better benches in the league less back up PG and back up Center.

They were suggesting otherwise last night. Your thoughts?
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 986

Post#2 » by red4hf » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:07 pm

The Jazz have Jorver (11ppg), Harpring (8ppg) and Millsap (8ppg) coming off the bench.......

That's over 27 points from the those three players alone....... Our bench production, scoring wise, is usually pretty good....... It's some of the other things (passing and Matt Harpring's defense) that are subpar.......

If we could just get somebody better than Jarron Collins we'd be pretty much set.......
d-will8
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#3 » by d-will8 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:33 am

Our bench was pretty terrible for a while, back when Harpring was limited, Giricek was still on the team and in the doghouse and Miles had yet to emerge, so the stat isn't too surprising. However, our bench is extremely productive scoring wise these days and it's also a pretty solid rebounding unit. Overall, we've got a pretty nice bench, but I agree with red that their are still some weaknesses, mainly because we have such weak backup point guards.
kebutah
Analyst
And1: 99

Post#4 » by kebutah » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:42 pm

Our bench is still not ewhere it needs to be, scoring averages alone aren't everything. Korver is an improvement but his shooting has not been good. Harpring is even less mobile than ever. Milsap is good but inconsistent. PG and C backups are missing most nights.
OC Jazzfan
Senior
And1: 2

Post#5 » by OC Jazzfan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:51 pm

For sure, the glaring deficiencies in the Jazz bench are backup PG and C.

Two very critical positions for an extended playoff run. We need a competent backup PG and a tough defensive C yesterday. But I'm guessing we're stuck with what we've got and it's going to bite us in the ass come playoff time.
GP
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#6 » by GP » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:52 am

screw bench scoring, how about some defense from the bench. We have enough scorers with the starting 5, we need defensive players.

Return to Utah Jazz