New York Watch thread. The race for the 2010 #1 pick.

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Zerostatic
General Manager
And1: 537

Re: New York Watch thread. The race for the 2010 #1 pick. 

Post#81 » by Zerostatic » Fri Jul 3, 2009 5:15 pm

I hope you guys leave this thread up even if the Knicks are playing well. It's annoying when team forums do these lottery-watch threads and they'll be super-active when the other team is doing bad but as soon as there is a win streak the thread get's unstickied and falls off the front page but if a fan from the other team posts in it to talk about their team's success they get attacked for bumping. Of course as soon as the team starts doing poorly again it gets sticked again.

Sorry about the long diatribe, but as a Knicks fan I hope you guys keep this thread stickied for the year no matter what. It'll be fun coming here and discussing my team's performance with another fanbase whether that discussion is about their ineptitude or their surprising good play. Ciao.
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#82 » by carrottop12 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 8:34 pm

The problem is other then salary cap, the Knicks have no reason to suck this year. If they wanted to tank great, but they might as well do the best they can since they aren't getting a pick anyways. Still hope Lee and Robinson bounce.
Paper Face
Pro Prospect
And1: 101

Post#83 » by Paper Face » Sat Jul 4, 2009 3:25 am

Zerostatic wrote:It's annoying when team forums do these lottery-watch threads

You can blame the forum if you like, but it wasn't the forum that did it... it was a single poster. So when you project annoyance or anger onto the entire forum, there is an element of unfairness on your part.

But then if you actually find the particular poster who started the thread, you run into the problem of the thread not really having anything to do with you. Just because you're a fanatic for a franchise doesn't mean that a thread such as this actually celebrates your misfortune. You are an autonomous individual. Even if you buy a jersey, you're not a Knick.

Taking it further, you might meet someone later in life that you discover to be a Jazz fan, and you could do that person harm as some sort of revenge fulfillment. But that guy never started the thread either, and the whole scenario exists in the first place because you are making the decision to take offense.

Threads like this exist all over the internet on Jazz boards. It's not intended as an affront to Knicks fans. If anything, you should be annoyed and offended and angry at Isaiah Thomas. Not Jazz fans.
sipclip - "Even though I love what I have seen from Mitchell if you were to ask anyone if they would rather have Booker and the 24th pick or Mitchell they would all take Booker and the pick."
@ndrew
Analyst
And1: 198

Post#84 » by @ndrew » Sat Jul 4, 2009 3:47 am

Wow, talking about taking something out of context and overreacting..
hoops4life
General Manager
And1: 31

Post#85 » by hoops4life » Sat Jul 4, 2009 4:51 am

Wow, serious? Talk about it swing to hard in the opposite direction.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,125

Post#86 » by jazzfan1971 » Sat Jul 4, 2009 6:21 am

Oh, this is my thread and I'll be sure to keep it here all year long. And if the Knicks win 38 games and make the playoffs you guys can come here and crow a bit. Have a little fun.

No prob.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Paper Face
Pro Prospect

Post#87 » by Paper Face » Sat Jul 4, 2009 7:51 am

Sorry.
sipclip - "Even though I love what I have seen from Mitchell if you were to ask anyone if they would rather have Booker and the 24th pick or Mitchell they would all take Booker and the pick."
@ndrew
Analyst
And1: 198

Post#88 » by @ndrew » Sat Jul 4, 2009 8:54 am

Looking at the Eastern Conf. teams I'm happy for the first time that this part of NBA is finally strong. Only NJ and Milwaukee can go worse then Knicks IMO. The other thing is Western Conference. Still, OKC is not strong enough to contend for the play-offs, we still got Kings, Memphis and Clippers. So you can be happy everytime these teams won, basicly. So you can cheer for ANY team in the leauge, since it will decrease NY chances.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#89 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Sat Jul 4, 2009 3:28 pm

So far I am seeing Cavs, Magic, Celtics all staying as the top 3 in the east. Then you have the Hawks, 76ers (if they keep Miller) and the Heat in the middle where they will likely stay. The teams that I think have improved or should improve over the season should be the Wizards, Pistons, and Raptors. The bottom teams that could make some noise and contend for the bottom seeds in the playoffs being the Bulls, Pacers, Bobcats, and possibly the Knicks. The bottom non-contender teams being the Bucks, Nets, and more then likely the Knicks.

I just don't see how the Knicks are going to be able to stay in the top 10 or 12 in the East, most of the eastern teams have improved while NY is more then likely to lose Lee and possibly Nate. NY adds who? Gallinari? Almond? Hill? Even if they somehow pick up Kidd I just don't see them getting out of the bottom 6-8 teams in the league. Even most of the Western teams have improved themselves, I feel very comfortable with the way things are looking right now.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
freakazoid
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#90 » by freakazoid » Sun Jul 5, 2009 10:47 am

Zerostatic wrote:I hope you guys leave this thread up even if the Knicks are playing well.

:lol:

Dude, you are the funniest mother **** who ever posted on this board.

Thanks for the laugh..

Oh.. Wait... Our turn...

I hope the Knicks win the East next year with Nate Robinson as leading scorer in the NBA.

David Stern then trades Kobe to NY for everyone left except Nate. Kobe and Nate go on to win ten consecutive rings. Obviously Lebron signs with NY and Shaq is traded to NY right away.

Kobe, Nate, Lebron, Shaq and Kevin Garnett (forgot to mention) go on to win the next 50 titles.

David Stern's butt-ugly grand-daughter goes on to win Miss America. Donald Trump immediately then porks her Several times before claiming she's a ho and leaving her to rot.
carrottop12
RealGM

Post#91 » by carrottop12 » Mon Jul 6, 2009 2:39 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... in_dallas/

Kidd Staying In Dallas!

Suck it Knicks.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,125

Post#92 » by jazzfan1971 » Mon Jul 6, 2009 2:51 am

I think everyoen knew Kidd was jsut posturing to get a bigger payday in Dallas.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Zerostatic
General Manager
And1: 537

Post#93 » by Zerostatic » Mon Jul 6, 2009 5:51 am

Paper Face wrote:
Zerostatic wrote:It's annoying when team forums do these lottery-watch threads

You can blame the forum if you like, but it wasn't the forum that did it... it was a single poster. So when you project annoyance or anger onto the entire forum, there is an element of unfairness on your part.

But then if you actually find the particular poster who started the thread, you run into the problem of the thread not really having anything to do with you. Just because you're a fanatic for a franchise doesn't mean that a thread such as this actually celebrates your misfortune. You are an autonomous individual. Even if you buy a jersey, you're not a Knick.

Taking it further, you might meet someone later in life that you discover to be a Jazz fan, and you could do that person harm as some sort of revenge fulfillment. But that guy never started the thread either, and the whole scenario exists in the first place because you are making the decision to take offense.

Threads like this exist all over the internet on Jazz boards. It's not intended as an affront to Knicks fans. If anything, you should be annoyed and offended and angry at Isaiah Thomas. Not Jazz fans.
All that diatribe for nothing. All I am saying is if you wanna talk Knicks next year then talk Knicks next year (don't "ok" it when they're doing bad and make it "taboo" when they're doing good).
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#94 » by StocktonShorts » Mon Jul 6, 2009 3:23 pm

Oh don't worry. If the Knicks play well and sniff the playoffs, this thread will be full of people saying: "See! I told you we should've traded that pick last summer when it had value!"
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#95 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Tue Jul 7, 2009 4:36 am

I miss these threads. The Chicago board had the same thread for two straight years - they were legendary.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Paper Face
Pro Prospect

Post#96 » by Paper Face » Tue Jul 7, 2009 4:40 am

Zerostatic wrote:All that diatribe for nothing.

If it was all for nothing, then why did you quote the entire post? That's like an atheist handing his kid the Bible and telling him "Don't bother".
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#97 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Tue Jul 7, 2009 8:56 pm

Reports of a possible sign and trade with Portland involving Lee for Blake and Outlaw. I think Blake and Outlaw would really help NY. Don't see why Portland would want to get rid of those two for Lee...
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
carrottop12
RealGM

Post#98 » by carrottop12 » Tue Jul 7, 2009 9:09 pm

A list of teams who are surely going to be better then the Knicks next year barring some unbelievable trade.

Cleveland
Boston
Orlando
Atlanta
Miami
Chicago
Detroit
Washington
LA Lakers
Denver
San Antonio
Portland
Dallas
Utah
New Orleans
Phoenix

After that it turns into a bit of a mess.

However the good thing is there is only 1 team that the Knicks are surely better then and that's Sacramento. Really the pick could shift 5-10 spaces depending on the outcome of 3-4 games. That's how close the bad teams are.
hoops4life
General Manager
And1: 31

Post#99 » by hoops4life » Tue Jul 7, 2009 9:22 pm

I think that you would really just need to look at the Eastern teams to see, if they make the playoff's or not first and then compare all the non playoff teams against the Knicks.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#100 » by DelaneyRudd » Wed Jul 8, 2009 3:56 am

UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:Reports of a possible sign and trade with Portland involving Lee for Blake and Outlaw. I think Blake and Outlaw would really help NY. Don't see why Portland would want to get rid of those two for Lee...

Outlaw is the odd man out, and Blake is a journey man who is ok, b ut not in the long term plan, especially if they can sign Andre Miller for the MLE.

Return to Utah Jazz