All Things Thunder Offseason Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Re: All Things Thunder Offseason Thread 

Post#41 » by jake_swivel » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:25 pm

cjmcallist wrote:Saw a couple of KP trades to OKC. The more I noodle on it, the more I like it - assuming we can get some asset (even if minor) to take him on.

Let him walk in free agency next year.

Doesn’t fit Presti’s MO though.

I don’t expect the wizards view KP as a negative asset.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,344

Post#42 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:32 pm

I liked the fact that Miami was gonna trade for Beal but think he will be so cheap (assets wise) that it won''t be good for our future Miami pick. Probably getting rid of Duncan Robinson in the deal is huge for them.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,341

Post#43 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:43 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:I liked the fact that Miami was gonna trade for Beal but think he will be so cheap (assets wise) that it won''t be good for our future Miami pick. Probably getting rid of Duncan Robinson in the deal is huge for them.

If the Washington FO has any backbone they'll make sure they get Hero. Beal may have a NTC, but if Washington can't get anything of value just let Beal sit on the bench or send him home.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,666

Post#44 » by Devilanche » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:45 am

Dadouv47 wrote:I liked the fact that Miami was gonna trade for Beal but think he will be so cheap (assets wise) that it won''t be good for our future Miami pick. Probably getting rid of Duncan Robinson in the deal is huge for them.

I want see the final price but beal is not exactly an iron man and the way that butler plays doesn’t help as well.

They do have Bam no matter what so that is a floor that probably higher than LAC.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 16,002

Post#45 » by Patches Perry » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:52 am

Any interest in Ayton? I feel like OKC has a lot of cheap contracts who could serve as rotation players for Phoenix, and Ayton's age lines up with our core. I just don't know if Ayton is a good locker room fit.

Also, not sure what the market is for Jock Landale, but he had a good showing in the playoffs. He might be a nice plug in our frontcourt.
Big nick
Senior
And1: 355

Post#46 » by Big nick » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:03 am

No way ayton for me. I never could see a first pick for him.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 16,002

Post#47 » by Patches Perry » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:07 am

Big nick wrote:No way ayton for me. I never could see a first pick for him.

What about Landale?
Big nick
Senior
And1: 355

Post#48 » by Big nick » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:06 am

I don't see how Landale would help the team.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#49 » by Devilanche » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:33 pm

Wonder if the nuggets trade now become a 3 way with indiana and micic is added for us to net abit more.

Him going to nuggets obviously.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#50 » by jake_swivel » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:55 pm

Devilanche wrote:Wonder if the nuggets trade now become a 3 way with indiana and micic is added for us to net abit more.

I’d kinda just like to sub him for the pick. He’d be probably be better than whoever they’d draft and would contribute sooner. And it would open up more options for trading up past Dallas, I feel like. Maybe that pick plus the 2025 Miami and Philly picks to Washington and get Hendricks.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#51 » by Devilanche » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:57 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Devilanche wrote:Wonder if the nuggets trade now become a 3 way with indiana and micic is added for us to net abit more.

I’d kinda just like to sub him for the pick. He’d be probably be better than whoever they’d draft and would contribute sooner. And it would open up more options for trading up past Dallas, I feel like. Maybe that pick plus the 2025 Miami and Philly picks to Washington and get Hendricks.

Probably for 29 or more realistically 32.

Heck or even looser protection on the pick we getting from them in future .
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#52 » by cjmcallist » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:15 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:Saw a couple of KP trades to OKC. The more I noodle on it, the more I like it - assuming we can get some asset (even if minor) to take him on.

Let him walk in free agency next year.

Doesn’t fit Presti’s MO though.

I don’t expect the wizards view KP as a negative asset.

:o

The final deal is surprising to me. Not sure, but I might have given up Dort for the Zinger + 2 FRP.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#53 » by jake_swivel » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:35 pm

If hawks/raps do a Murray for Siakam trade, a dort for Collins deal makes a lot of sense for everyone.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#54 » by cjmcallist » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:15 pm

jake_swivel wrote:If hawks/raps do a Murray for Siakam trade, a dort for Collins deal makes a lot of sense for everyone.

I’m a vacuum I’d rather have a Collins type player than a Dort type player.

Given the zero trade market for Collins over the last year, fees like we could take Collins into space. Or maybe send Tre Mann or similar back.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#55 » by jake_swivel » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:20 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:If hawks/raps do a Murray for Siakam trade, a dort for Collins deal makes a lot of sense for everyone.

Given the zero trade market for Collins over the last year, fees like we could take Collins into space. Or maybe send Tre Mann or similar back.

I think I’m just anxious to get rid of dort if we’re bein honest. I don’t know if I can take another season of him bowling balling into the lane bricking layups.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,341

Post#56 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:42 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:

I think I’m just anxious to get rid of dort if we’re bein honest. I don’t know if I can take another season of him bowling balling into the lane bricking layups.

Yea I feel the same way. He seems like such a good guy but he has a clear ceiling. I'm not sure the point in investing in maybe raising his floor.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#57 » by jake_swivel » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:45 pm

I’d do Giddey and Dort for Barnes and Gary Trent Jr.

Just sayin.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#58 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:18 pm

jake_swivel wrote:I’d do Giddey and Dort for Barnes and Gary Trent Jr.

Just sayin.

maybe it's a homer thing but I believe in Giddey more than Barnes (even GTJ > Dort but that's not the most important). It's a probably a coin between those two anyway.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#59 » by jake_swivel » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:29 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:

Just sayin.

maybe it's a homer thing but I believe in Giddey more than Barnes (even GTJ > Dort but that's not the most important). It's a probably a coin between those two anyway.

I just want this roster to make sense.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#60 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:33 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

Just sayin.

I just want this roster to make sense.

well we have 8-9 other players that we could trade and almost 15 FRPs for that but Presti wants to build slowly. I don't think we should go all in but adding a good PF would be nice :(

This roster will make sense if Chet is healthy and play close to his predraft hype. That's a big if and we are in a mess if he sucks. Presti is all in with him and it's scary.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder