2022 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,339

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#61 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:14 pm

Dieng at 12 is a reach? Only watched some highlights and got very impressed. Feel like the kind of player Presti likes.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#62 » by retrobro90 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:26 pm

If we stay at 12 I'd be pretty disappointed in either TyTy or Eason as our pick.

TyTy I basically never understood the appeal outside of UK guys frequently somehow performing better in the NBA than they did in college. He's very uninspiring from a physical standpoint and there's no skill of his I can point to and say "this is what he does at an elite level".

Eason is 100% theoretical imo. Extremely overrated as a defensive prospect. People point to LSU's jump in defense between last year and this year but digging into the film Tari is pretty lost on that end of the floor. He's got size and some physical tools but doesn't have the instincts to carry him defensively. On offense he's basically just taller than every SEC bench player at his position. Scores mostly in the paint on offensive rebounds and short hooks/turnarounds etc. I'm not a fan.
EnragedThunder
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#63 » by EnragedThunder » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:54 pm

There will be a lot of pressure on Presti this draft. Drafting another experimental type player with potential upside will rinse and repeat that last 3 seasons and there's no more time for that.

Its boom or bust time for the GM.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,004

Post#64 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:39 pm

I think Dyson Daniels is a great fit between SGA and Josh as a low usage, do-it-all type guy. If he can get his 3PT shot up, and if he is really 6'8, he is a pretty freaky prospect. Almost a Mikal Bridges type with better passing acumen.

OKC FRP - Jalen Smith JR GF
LAC FRP - Dyson Daniels F
PHX FRP - Christian Koloko C
OKC SRP - Gabriele Procida GF (Stash)

G - Shai Gilegous-Alexander / Tre Mann / Theo Maledon
G - Dyson Daniels / Lou Dort / Aaron Wiggins
F - Josh Giddey / Kenrich Williams / Vit Krejci
F - Jalen Smith JR / Aleksej Pokusevski / Darius Bazely
C - Christian Koloko / Jeremiah Robinson-Earl / Mike Muscala
namlede
Sophomore
And1: 122

Post#65 » by namlede » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:37 am

Jabari and Dyson would be a dream draft. Dyson has bad shooting percentages but his form looks nice. also shot much better at the end of the season. I do question if he is 6'8" though. watching him he looks around 6'6". maybe he has a long neck...

Jabari would be a sick stretch 4 and in time could be more if he improves his handle a bit. I think(hope) he has the toughness to bang down low.

but if we are high enough to get Jabari I'd hope we try and find a way to get Chet. He is a perfect connector role player type that can stretch the floor, pass the ball in the high post, run the floor and protect the rim, while also being mentally strong and doesn't back down

Giddey
Shai
Daniels
Chet
JRE

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 766

Post#66 » by cjmcallist » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:01 pm

Anyone have takes on Sharpe? I want to like him based on the idea of him, but have not seen any video.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#67 » by retrobro90 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:16 am

cjmcallist wrote:Anyone have takes on Sharpe? I want to like him based on the idea of him, but have not seen any video.

Basically the same take you'll find most places: Sharpe's stock rose based on his EYBL play where he showcased his ability as a shot creator/#1 option. He's a good athlete/leaper at 6'6" and is someone who'll be able to finish above the rim. Has the frame and length that makes me believe he'll be able to get to the FT line and finish through contact as he continues to fill out.

Like everyone I worry about the lack of film we have against high level comp and while he is an impressive athlete I would say he hasn't showcased the type of transcendental athleticism that vaults guys into 1st year star status.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,916

Post#68 » by Dn4sty » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:27 am

ThunderBolt wrote:How does anyone have any idea what to think with Sharpe, for better or worse?

Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=cayPFZQ3LZermqZdbcGeXA

Sharpe has been #1 on my draft board for a while.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#69 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:12 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:How does anyone have any idea what to think with Sharpe, for better or worse?

Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=cayPFZQ3LZermqZdbcGeXA

Sharpe has been #1 on my draft board for a while

I don't know Sharpe enough to have an opinion on this but it wouldn't surprise me if he's picked top 4 since the draft is pretty weak with lower high ceiling guys (I only have Chet with a very high ceiling, maybe Ivey). Sharpe may be a bigger gamble than Banchero but could be worth it.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,332

Post#70 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:42 pm

If Givony and other reputable scouts think he deserves to be the number one pick, that's one thing. Prior to this most assumptions were based on old hs footage. I really have no strong opinions on the this draft. I will say that I question anyone drawing strong conclusions from the type of footage shown in that video. I want a good player in the draft. I don't care who it is or where they are drafted. I'm just ready to get it done.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,071

Post#71 » by Ducklett » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:46 pm

Lets say that the draft order stays as is, do you guys think that OKC should move up to 2 with the Magic? OKC has tons of draft capital and the Magic are really hurting for as much talent as they can find.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#72 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:02 am

Ducklett wrote:Lets say that the draft order stays as is, do you guys think that OKC should move up to 2 with the Magic? OKC has tons of draft capital and the Magic are really hurting for as much talent as they can find.

OKC moving up from 4 to 2? That can happen. From 6 to 2 I doubt we can find a way.

Also not sure what Orlando will accept to move down. Don't want to trade SGA, Giddey or our 2023 FRP.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,332

Post#73 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:13 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Ducklett wrote:Lets say that the draft order stays as is, do you guys think that OKC should move up to 2 with the Magic? OKC has tons of draft capital and the Magic are really hurting for as much talent as they can find.

OKC moving up from 4 to 2? That can happen. From 6 to 2 I doubt we can find a way.

Also not sure what Orlando will accept to move down. Don't want to trade SGA, Giddey or our 2023 FRP.

I would say it all depends on the clippers pick. None of the above assets are on the table and the others just don’t carry a known value.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 820

Post#74 » by 1bigfan13 » Sun May 1, 2022 1:58 pm

EnragedThunder wrote:There will be a lot of pressure on Presti this draft. Drafting another experimental type player with potential upside will rinse and repeat that last 3 seasons and there's no more time for that.

It's OKC so there's no real fan or media pressure for him to quickly turn this team into a contender.

If he were in a larger market where the fans and media aren't afraid to hold the players and organizations accountable, I think he'd feel the pressure to draft players who are NBA ready.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#75 » by retrobro90 » Sun May 1, 2022 7:29 pm

EnragedThunder wrote:There will be a lot of pressure on Presti this draft. Drafting another experimental type player with potential upside will rinse and repeat that last 3 seasons and there's no more time for that.

Nah not really. We're still waiting on 2023 when our dead money expires and a new CBA is written. There should be zero pressure to draft (for example) Keegan Murray over a player that the FO may deem to have superior upside. This squad still needs S tier talent to get them into contention or on the path to contention.

Edit: Not to mention there's very few GM's with as much good favor with the fanbase than Presti with OKC. Pretty sure it's far from "boom or bust" when it comes to his job security.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,566

Post#76 » by PhilBlackson » Wed May 4, 2022 2:33 am

If you guys stick at #4, I'd take Sharpe over Ivey.

He's gonna be a STUD. I think he has every bit of offensive upside (or more) of JI but being bigger should be a bit more versatile defensively.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Big nick
Senior
And1: 355

Post#77 » by Big nick » Wed May 4, 2022 8:31 pm

I have a bad feeling about the lottery I keep doing the sim lottery at tankathon and about 60% of the time we move down to like 6 ot 7 ugh.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#78 » by retrobro90 » Wed May 4, 2022 9:55 pm

I'm getting more and more into Dyson Daniels as I dig into film on both him and Sochan. Trying to parse through both guys because I like them and there's some parallels as both are often mocked in that #12 range/similar birthdates/similar play styles. I think ultimately I trust Daniels more from a skill perspective both with his shot mechanics/shot prep and his passing arsenal. Sochan probably has more utility as a rim/paint defender but Dyson is seriously impressive defending on the perimeter and I've seen some reporting saying he's grown since his last measurements.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,643

Post#79 » by Devilanche » Thu May 5, 2022 6:01 am

We should all wait until the lotto balls get pick before we fall in love with any prospect only for us to not realistically be in a position to pick them or for Presti to pick someone else .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#80 » by retrobro90 » Thu May 5, 2022 7:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Real interesting here. Would be classic OKC to give a kid like this a promise/shut him down etc etc. Youngest kid in the class who turns 19 in November. He's a got a funky J that needs work mechanically but can do some interesting stuff off the dribble. Canadian. Had offers from Kentucky/AZ. Some on the draft board are already saying lotto pick.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder