The Clipper's Coveted Pick

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,113

The Clipper's Coveted Pick 

Post#1 » by Wammy Giveaway » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:37 pm

Thunder fans, have a question for you. You just saw Clippers eliminated from play-in tournament by the Pelicans, and as a result you got a high lottery pick. Do you think your pick might end up being no. 1?

Here's why I ask: the Clippers have a losing history, and the worst of luck. Whenever the Clippers make a trade and a pick is involved, it usually ends up being the highest (no. 1 pick) or a future Hall Of Famer, if not both. When the Clippers traded Baron Davis to the Cavaliers, it included a 1st round unprotected pick, which ended up being no. 1. Cavs got Kyrie Irving, LeBron James came back and made multiple Finals appearances, and eventually won one title in 2016, the fabled first ever 3-1 comeback in NBA Finals history.

Your most likely landing spot of Clippers will be at no. 12 based on draft articles I've peeked, but stranger things have happened. Could that Clipper pick end up being no. 1 overall?
Big nick
Senior
And1: 353

Re: The Clipper's Coveted Pick 

Post#2 » by Big nick » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:26 pm

I sure hope so but I don't think there is any way.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,619

Post#3 » by Devilanche » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:06 pm

Sample size of 1.
Stranger things have happened but unless it’s actually does ( pick jumping into top 4) it’s pretty much a 12th pick.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,319

Post#4 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:13 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Thunder fans, have a question for you. You just saw Clippers eliminated from play-in tournament by the Pelicans, and as a result you got a high lottery pick. Do you think your pick might end up being no. 1?

Here's why I ask: the Clippers have a losing history, and the worst of luck. Whenever the Clippers make a trade and a pick is involved, it usually ends up being the highest (no. 1 pick) or a future Hall Of Famer, if not both. When the Clippers traded Baron Davis to the Cavaliers, it included a 1st round unprotected pick, which ended up being no. 1. Cavs got Kyrie Irving, LeBron James came back and made multiple Finals appearances, and eventually won one title in 2016, the fabled first ever 3-1 comeback in NBA Finals history.

Your most likely landing spot of Clippers will be at no. 12 based on draft articles I've peeked, but stranger things have happened. Could that Clipper pick end up being no. 1 overall?

Eye test tells me we have 1.5% to get #1 with the LAC pick.

...but I'm a pessimistic and still traumatized by 2021 lottery so it's probaby closer to 0.
Big nick
Senior
And1: 353

Post#5 » by Big nick » Tue May 10, 2022 8:47 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Thunder fans, have a question for you. You just saw Clippers eliminated from play-in tournament by the Pelicans, and as a result you got a high lottery pick. Do you think your pick might end up being no. 1?

I keep doing the sim lottery at tankathon and the lac pick moves up toward the top about as much as our pick moves down in the order you just might be on to something. I sure hope so because the Sim lottery moves out pick down about 70% of the time.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder