2022 Summer League Thread - Beginning of the Chet Era

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Re: 2022 Summer League Thread - Beginning of the Chet Era 

Post#101 » by Born_Ready » Thu Jul 7, 2022 9:09 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Born_Ready wrote:I missed the last two games, but plan to at least catch the 2nd half this evening. Has Jaylin Williams stood out at all?

Not really. The other Jalen Williams has been great.

Nice.

Can't say I know a lot about him, but I consider the other Williams a dawg!! His motor is relentless.

This youth movement for OKC has me geek'd.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,319

Post#102 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 9:15 pm

Born_Ready wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Born_Ready wrote:I missed the last two games, but plan to at least catch the 2nd half this evening. Has Jaylin Williams stood out at all?

Not really. The other Jalen Williams has been great.

Nice.

Can't say I know a lot about him, but I consider the other Williams a dawg!! His motor is relentless.

hope u can enjoy your 2nd favorite team while Brooklin is struggling (I will root for Brooklyn once they get rid of KD and Irving).

I love everything about Jaylin but he sucks right now...Jalen is legit and balling.
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#103 » by Born_Ready » Thu Jul 7, 2022 9:25 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Born_Ready wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Not really. The other Jalen Williams has been great.

Nice.

hope u can enjoy your 2nd team favorite team while Brooklin is struggling (I will root for Brooklyn once they get rid of KD and Irving).

I love everything about Jaylin but he sucks right now...Jalen is legit and balling.

Man....please don't get me started on BK. Been a fan for far too long to even care at this point. Been over it since Harden pouted and got out. However, he made the right choice bouncing bc he obviously couldn't handle the clown show duo either.

It's sad that with the talent KD & KAI have they are both gutless, all about themselves.

It has been a clown show the last 3 years- and I am hopeful a trade partner steps up for both of them ASAP. The soap opera is crazy annoying.

As for Oklahoma City, regardless of the records and stuff, I never ever have to worry about divaness setting in. Which you would think it would be the opposite with young players, but instead we have to watch these grown ass men acting like kids (i.e. Durant and Irving).
OKC Thunder fan, too.
mr570
Senior
And1: 304

Post#104 » by mr570 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 9:29 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:I can see Chet being a Center 80% of the time and having to play at the 4 in some mismatches, which shouldn't be a big problem if he becomes that good. I think a Chet/Duren duo would have been great but it was probably too early to care about fit and we can get an elite back up big on the trade market.

We need to draft an elite PF. Chet/?/SGA/Giddey/Williams is pretty exciting to me.

I want us to figure out how to get Sochan from the Spurs somehow.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#105 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 9:35 pm

Born_Ready wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
Born_Ready wrote:
Nice.

hope u can enjoy your 2nd team favorite team while Brooklin is struggling (I will root for Brooklyn once they get rid of KD and Irving).

Man....please don't get me started on BK. Been a fan for far too long to even care at this point. Been over it since Harden pouted and got out. However, he made the right choice bouncing bc he obviously couldn't handle the clown show duo either.

It's sad that with the talent KD & KAI have they are both gutless, all about themselves.

It has been a clown show the last 3 years- and I am hopeful a trade partner steps up for both of them ASAP. The soap opera is crazy annoying.

As for Oklahoma City, regardless of the records and stuff, I never ever have to worry about divaness setting in. Which you would think it would be the opposite with young players, but instead we have to watch these grown ass men acting like kids (i.e. Durant and Irving).

Can't deny that I was rooting hard against Brooklyn because they had 3 of the top 5 players that I hate the most in the NBA but feel bad for the fans. I also think most fans are being too hard on the GM that did a great job before the harden trade (it wasn't necessary to trade all your future picks and good role players for an old Harden).

Back to OKC, I'm very happy where we are at. I really enjoy the rebuild and I don't want Presti to make crazy moves. Could be frustrating if Chet isn't the guy we think he can be or if SGA is struggling but so far so good.
We know we are going to have 20-30 miserable games during the season but I like our squad and the direction we are taking. We still need to find our franchise player though (maybe Chet can be that guy) and once we do, the rest should go well.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#106 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 9:37 pm

mr570 wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:I can see Chet being a Center 80% of the time and having to play at the 4 in some mismatches, which shouldn't be a big problem if he becomes that good. I think a Chet/Duren duo would have been great but it was probably too early to care about fit and we can get an elite back up big on the trade market.

We need to draft an elite PF. Chet/?/SGA/Giddey/Williams is pretty exciting to me.

I swear that I thought about him when I wrote that message. I'm still on Sochan island and I'm pretty confident he will prove it. I just don't see a way to get him :(
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#107 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 9:43 pm

Read on Twitter

sad but wise decision
mr570
Senior
And1: 304

Post#108 » by mr570 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 9:44 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
mr570 wrote:

I swear that I thought about him when I wrote that message. I'm still on Sochan island and I'm pretty confident he will prove it. I just don't see a way to get him :(

LOL I know. Would need to be a godfather type offer. Wonder if the Spurs have any interest in Poku at all...? And if the Thunder were willing to give up their 23 FRP...? idk, it's fun to think about
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#109 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jul 7, 2022 10:20 pm

Only way OKC gets Sochan at this point if signing him after his rookie deal IMO. If they wanted him they would have gone hard to get him on draft night.

Kris Murray or Jackson-Davis project well next to Chet as 23 prospects. JD needs to show a bit of range though.

Kris has high level glue guy upside. Big frame like his brother but much more defensively talented.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,321

Post#110 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jul 7, 2022 10:46 pm

JDub kinda has the physique of a professional e-gamer.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#111 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 10:49 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:JDub kinda has the physique of a professional e-gamer.

another reason not to offer a contract to Ayton
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,563

Post#112 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Thu Jul 7, 2022 11:45 pm

Read on Twitter
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#113 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 11:55 pm

Well I guess we have a great shot at Victor if we play without Chet and SGA for 30-40 games.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,321

Post#114 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jul 8, 2022 12:17 am

Tre Mann needs to become very effective in his roll for me to like him.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
bbms
Analyst
And1: 594

Post#115 » by bbms » Fri Jul 8, 2022 12:17 am

imo giddey look both faster and stronger
namlede
Sophomore
And1: 122

Post#116 » by namlede » Fri Jul 8, 2022 12:17 am

This loss is disappointing. Nobody really played well. Very sloppy turnovers and a lack of poise shown.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using RealGM mobile app
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#117 » by meekrab » Fri Jul 8, 2022 12:50 am

Thabo Sefolosha wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sweet dunk, but 3 out of the 5 defenders blew their assignment on this play. Textbook reason not to read anything into SL.
kdthunderup
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#118 » by kdthunderup » Fri Jul 8, 2022 2:43 am

bbms wrote:imo giddey look both faster and stronger

He has definitely taken a leap physically and looks much better driving to the rim and absorbing contact.

The only thing stopping him from developing into an elite level player is a jump shot - which sadly I’m not sure he will ever correct. The whole thing needs to be completely reworked, he sticks his butt out and has a really awkward base since he is trying to take power off his shot.

He will need to redevelop his release to be softer as it looks like he pushes and flings the ball a lot - likely is a bad habit he picked up when he was young and a lot weaker. After that is corrected he will need to rework his base which is a significant amount of work to try and do at 20 years old.
timO
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,400

Post#119 » by timO » Fri Jul 8, 2022 2:34 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Tre Mann needs to become very effective in his roll for me to like him.

Poor shot selection, and is a striky player.
timO
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,400

Post#120 » by timO » Fri Jul 8, 2022 2:48 pm

For now:

Chet unicorn. 17-10-3-4

Giddey keeps the same 13-9-7-2-1, we dont need him to shooting when add a C that can do it. He can have a career with 15-8-8 ala simmons and while not being afraid to shoot the 3, despite bad % (1/9 in SL) like Russ or Anteto. If he can develop to a Ricky Rubio shoot it will be good.

Jwill not bad 13-3-1-2, good slasher and cutter, and can knock down some 3s, dont see star potential. I expect more assists from him.

Poku 10-6-2-1-1 keeps going, he still need to shoot it better.

JRE 9-7 solid big off the bench or fake starter for tank.

Tre streaky shooter. He will had ups and downs, maybe enough for a rotation player.

Dieng, omg 27%FG hes green as grass, 7-4-2, hes not afraid to shoot, but he does horrible.

Wiggins and Krejci, both shoot well, can have minutes as 3rd roster rotation.

Jaylin, ufff he played awful the 3 games.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder