OKC Thunder 2023-24 Regular Season Discussion

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,317

Re: OKC Thunder 2023-24 Regular Season Discussion 

Post#2921 » by Dadouv47 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:01 pm

At least Kizz doesn't think that Presti is a racist...finally something positive ;)

Won't tolerate any more that kind of post (warning sent and hope I won't regret not banning)
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,539

Post#2922 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue May 7, 2024 12:16 am

Dadouv47 wrote:At least Kizz doesn't think that Presti is a racist...finally something positive ;)

I laughed much harder than I should have at that.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,610

Post#2923 » by Devilanche » Tue May 7, 2024 12:45 am

Dadouv47 wrote:At least Kizz doesn't think that Presti is a racist...finally something positive ;)

Won't tolerate any more that kind of post (warning sent and hope I won't regret not banning)

Presti if anything is ageist .

He doesn’t really like those 30 year olds.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
bbms
Analyst
And1: 594

Post#2924 » by bbms » Tue May 7, 2024 1:32 am

RingoKid wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
RingoKid wrote:...and hes a clean-cut whiteboy in Oklahoma.

If the other one in Hayward could outplay him Giddey would be gone.

As is, Giddey is a keeper and Gordon is a goner.

Why are you obsessed with "clean-cut whiteboy in Oklahoma"? You have made comments about them several times. Is that just your type or do you think they present some basketball advantage or are you just racist garbage?

No ones obsessed but do try to see the bigger picture here. Its Oklahoma FFS. Home of the great Sooner land grab, Tulsa massacre, Fed bomber and Osage murders.

Y'all cater for that whiteboy stance. It puts bums on seats in Oklahoma more than black guys with tattoos. Just like white coaches matter in OKC.

Do you not see a pattern in Scooter Bildo and Dags either ?

They provide a financial basketball advantage. Presti knows this and plays to type.

They don't necessarily have to be white but clean-cut and tatless will get you a better look in OKC and a greater fanbase.

okc is racist just like the whole us is racist. racism is a constitutive element to america (and world post-colonialism) that permeates all sociability and people die everyday fighting through it and fighting it directly.

what's your point? does it also explain the axe to cole aldrich or mitch mcgary?

edit: sorry mods didn't see your actions, feel free to snip it here.
RingoKid
Junior
And1: 62

Post#2925 » by RingoKid » Tue May 7, 2024 3:48 am

bbms wrote:
RingoKid wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Why are you obsessed with "clean-cut whiteboy in Oklahoma"? You have made comments about them several times. Is that just your type or do you think they present some basketball advantage or are you just racist garbage?

No ones obsessed but do try to see the bigger picture here. Its Oklahoma FFS. Home of the great Sooner land grab, Tulsa massacre, Fed bomber and Osage murders.

Y'all cater for that whiteboy stance. It puts bums on seats in Oklahoma more than black guys with tattoos. Just like white coaches matter in OKC.

Do you not see a pattern in Scooter Bildo and Dags either ?

They provide a financial basketball advantage. Presti knows this and plays to type.

They don't necessarily have to be white but clean-cut and tatless will get you a better look in OKC and a greater fanbase.

okc is racist just like the whole us is racist. racism is a constitutive element to america (and world post-colonialism) that permeates all sociability and people die everyday fighting through it and fighting it directly.

what's your point? does it also explain the axe to cole aldrich or mitch mcgary?

edit: sorry mods didn't see your actions, feel free to snip it here.

Dunno who Cole Aldritch is but Mitch McGary was a terrible pick and given every opportunity to succeed but was just way too funky.

Kinda sucks that racism as a false construct is the easiest way to shut down debate.

I tend to believe cultural elitism plays more of a part than one's ethnicity or skin colour.
bbms
Analyst

Post#2926 » by bbms » Tue May 7, 2024 4:58 am

RingoKid wrote:
Dunno who Cole Aldritch is but Mitch McGary was a terrible pick and given every opportunity to succeed but was just way too funky.

Kinda sucks that racism as a false construct is the easiest way to shut down debate.

I tend to believe cultural elitism plays more of a part than one's ethnicity or skin colour.

just brought those names up to remind you that maybe your allegations of unfair treatment based on racial features (grave accusation) is entirely based on selective memory.
RingoKid
Junior

Post#2927 » by RingoKid » Tue May 7, 2024 5:55 am

bbms wrote:
RingoKid wrote:

just brought those names up to remind you that maybe your allegations of unfair treatment based on racial features (grave accusation) is entirely based on selective memory.

From what I've read Oklahoma is notoriously conservative so it pays to pander to that base as it's a financially sound strategy.

I don't see that as racist any more than hiring more black players and coaches in areas where there are more blacks living.

But anyway. Can we ditch this and get back to calling it as we see it relating to basketball.

Apologies if i offended anyone. It wasn't my intention.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,821

Post#2928 » by Clav » Tue May 7, 2024 8:21 am

Minnesota looks dangerous. What did you all see in that G2 win ? How do you feel about their chances to beat either us or Dallas in the WCF ? That was some defensive performance, eh ?
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,317

Post#2929 » by Dadouv47 » Tue May 7, 2024 8:24 am

Clav wrote:Minnesota looks dangerous. What did you all see in that G2 win ? How do you feel about their chances to beat either us or Dallas in the WCF ? That was some defensive performance, eh ?

They look impressive. They were aleady very good during the regular season but some of their players are peaking at the right time.

That being said, I would give us the same odds to beat Minny than Dallas. I just think the Wolves are a better match up for us even if I'm concerned by NAW/McDaniels defense improvements.

I just have a bad feeling about that Dallas series...
RingoKid
Junior

Post#2930 » by RingoKid » Tue May 7, 2024 11:11 am

Clav wrote:Minnesota looks dangerous. What did you all see in that G2 win ? How do you feel about their chances to beat either us or Dallas in the WCF ? That was some defensive performance, eh ?

Meh...put em under the pump and they'll choke.

OKC can outrun and outgun them in ways Phoenix and Denver can't. I reckon they got Dallas number too and have the defensive chops to shut Luka down. Dallas goes as Kyrie goes though.

Minny are the least scary team for the Thunder to face imho.
bbms
Analyst

Post#2931 » by bbms » Tue May 7, 2024 1:42 pm

i think they gotta be the massive favourites to win wcf
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 91

Post#2932 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Tue May 7, 2024 4:11 pm

They play terrible good defense. As we do also (hopefully).
Bremzi
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#2933 » by Bremzi » Tue May 7, 2024 6:45 pm

I predicted Minny and OKC on WCF because those were the only two teams with seriously good defense in round 1 and not just by the numbers, but by the eye test. Minnesota also is in a tier of its own and I dont remember seeing any team with that type of defense in at least the last 10 years. I also havent seen anyone as explosive and with as thick legs as Anthony Legwards atm. He can get his numbers no matter the defense. They would eat Dallas and I fear they can make do with OKC just as well. We will see, but to me they are the clear favorite in the West right now.
RingoKid
Junior

Post#2934 » by RingoKid » Wed May 8, 2024 2:09 am

Some 4d chess being played so far!

Hate to say Thunder hopes ride on Luka pulling up lame but...
RingoKid
Junior

Post#2935 » by RingoKid » Wed May 8, 2024 2:47 am

Gafford is a problem. J-Will is not the solution!
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#2936 » by cjmcallist » Wed May 8, 2024 2:54 am

I feel like our perimeter rotations haven’t been on point. It’s really exposed us inside, making the interior look worse than it is.

…and we’re still winning. lol. Let’s go!!
RingoKid
Junior

Post#2937 » by RingoKid » Wed May 8, 2024 2:58 am

cjmcallist wrote:I feel like our perimeter rotations haven’t been on point. It’s really exposed us inside, making the interior look worse than it is.

…and we’re still winning. lol. Let’s go!!

It doesn't help that J-Will cant box out or stay in front of anybody.

Feeling good about a first up win though.
RingoKid
Junior

Post#2938 » by RingoKid » Wed May 8, 2024 3:36 am

Hanging tough and trading buckets when leading is always a good thing.

Bring it on home!
bbms
Analyst

Post#2939 » by bbms » Wed May 8, 2024 3:53 am

the ability of thunder to make big plays defensively must be so frustrating to play against
DorianRo
Senior
And1: 619

Post#2940 » by DorianRo » Wed May 8, 2024 3:56 am

There isn’t a team in the league that can take 4 games from this thunder team. Just wayyyy too damn deep with talent

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder