OT: Around the NBA

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

m23uza1hem36
Starter
And1: 1

OT: Around the NBA 

Post#1 » by m23uza1hem36 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:16 am

Injury updates, scores, league leaders, anything related to the NBA not associated with OKC can be discussed here.
Follow @mouzaihem
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Re: OT: Around the NBA 

Post#2 » by ljp24 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:26 am

why can't we just post topics using 'OT'?
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#3 » by m23uza1hem36 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:31 am

^^
OT means off topic, not related to the basketball team, in this case OKC, so it's easier to put everything in one thread rather then have the forum fill up with threads about other teams.
Follow @mouzaihem
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#4 » by m23uza1hem36 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 5:42 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3477424

It suddenly appears that the biggest threat to the Los Angeles Clippers re-signing franchise forward Elton Brand can be found far east of Oakland.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com on Monday night that the Philadelphia 76ers are again "actively involved" in the Brand hunt -- and now are a very serious threat to tempt him away from L.A. -- after initially fearing they couldn't compete financially with the Clippers and Golden State Warriors.

In the face of a longstanding leaguewide consensus that Brand would return to Hollywood to form a new partnership with Clipper-to-be Baron Davis, sources say that the Sixers are growing increasingly confident in their ability to create additional salary-cap space by trading away swingman Rodney Carney and center Calvin Booth, setting them up to make a sufficiently rich offer Brand would struggle to refuse.
OKCFan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by OKCFan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 10:36 pm

ljp24 wrote:why can't we just post topics using 'OT'?

You can. Don't worry about what this guy says. He think it's his job to show the "New OKCers" how the whole message board concept works...
Tony Plow
Ballboy

Post#6 » by Tony Plow » Wed Jul 9, 2008 10:40 pm

OKCFan wrote:

You can. Don't worry about what this guy says. He think it's his job to show the "New OKCers" how the whole message board concept works...

What is "OT?"
OKCFan
Ballboy

Post#7 » by OKCFan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 10:42 pm

off-topic
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#8 » by m23uza1hem36 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 10:57 pm

OKCFan wrote:

You really are a noob...
Follow @mouzaihem
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#9 » by m23uza1hem36 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 10:58 pm

Elton Brand signed with Philadelphia...
Look's like there going to get a lot better in the future.
Follow @mouzaihem
OKCFan
Ballboy

Post#10 » by OKCFan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 11:37 pm

m23uza1hem36 wrote:
You really are a noob...

I may just be overreacting, but something just rubs me the wrong way about a non-moderator Piston fan charging into the new OKC board and attempting to run the show from day one.

At ease, soldier. Just sit back and enjoy the conversations and let the moderators deal with all the rules and regulations.
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#11 » by m23uza1hem36 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:29 am

OKCFan wrote:
m23uza1hem36 wrote:
You really are a noob...

I may just be overreacting, but something just rubs me the wrong way about a non-moderator Piston fan charging into the new OKC board and attempting to run the show from day one.

At ease, soldier. Just sit back and enjoy the conversations and let the moderators deal with all the rules and regulations.

I also do a lot with the Tigers, Red Wings, Philadelphia Eagles, etc.
Doesn't mean I'm attempting to do anything more then help expand the board.
By stating a thread was already made for a topic doesn't mean anything, it's just to help you that are new, because once the show get's started here, a lot of people will REALLY charge those who post pointless threads.
Follow @mouzaihem
KyleinOK
Ballboy

Post#12 » by KyleinOK » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:46 pm

m23uza1hem36 wrote:Injury updates, scores, league leaders, anything related to the NBA not associated with OKC can be discussed here.

I understand you are trying to help so I will put this nicely. We've had the internet a LOOOONG time here in Oklahoma. We understand how forums work. We don't need a dedicated OT thread. Frankly, I hate them. They are a bad idea. They tend to discourage people from just talking and interacting which is what a forum is for in case you didn't realize that.

While you meant well, there just isn't any way for this to be taken than you really treating us like children. We also know that the basketball goes through the hoop so no need to go there either.

Just let people post how they want. Very simple.

Many of us like myself run our own forums and understand forum etiquette at a core level.

Again, I get where you were coming from but it wasn't the best idea to jump on here and start trying to direct traffic. Not your job.
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#13 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:19 am

^^
Dude, chill out, I'm not trying to direct anything, it just makes it easier to put all the little things happening in the NBA in one thread and not have a million filling up the forum.
Follow @mouzaihem
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#14 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:28 am

The Knicks have rejected a proposal from the Clippers to trade power forward Zach Randolph, league sources told SI.com.

Terms of any proposal were not known, but the Clippers have enough salary-cap space to accept Randolph's contract without having to give the Knicks equal salaries in return. The Clippers, seeking to replace the departed Elton Brand, were trying to take Randolph off the Knicks' hands while offering little more than cap relief to New York, the sources said. Randolph will make $14.7 million next season, and he has three years and $48 million left on his contract.

While the Knicks are known to be interested in clearing cap space by 2010 to make a run at LeBron James or other potential free agents, the sources said New York wanted more than simple cap relief in exchange for Randolph. The Knicks appear to believe that Randolph will provide a highly productive season under new coach Mike D'Antoni, which could raise his value much higher than it is today. That's why the Knicks were not interested in nearly giving away Randolph's contract, according to the sources.
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#15 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:30 am

I'd say there's an 80 percent chance Emeka Okafor is a Bobcat next season and a 50 percent chance he's around for the long haul. It takes courage and conviction to turn down the $60million-plus Okafor did last summer, to become a restricted free agent. Now he gets to enjoy being wooed by the Bobcats and others. The negotiations have been courteous. Okafor went out of his way last season to say he appreciated what the Bobcats offered, and that his preference is to stay with the team that drafted him four years ago. Still, there's no sense reaching free agency unless you're open to changing teams. The flavor of the moment is the Clippers, whose loss of Elton Brand leaves them short a power forward but holding abundant salary-cap room.

I guess he may not be an option anymore.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nba
Follow @mouzaihem

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder