bb22
Starter
And1: 1,019

Re: Starting Lineup for TeamUSA in Rio? 

Post#121 » by bb22 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:08 pm

99 Knicks wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Because? The great competition that they will be facing? Because opposing teams will be able to shut Melo down but not anyone else (and we can't risk losing)? No one is beating the US. This is just a show.

Uhm I don't recall anywhere in my post where I said starting Melo will maybe make the team lose. All I said was I think Paul George is a better player now. I get it we are going to win, we would still win if we started Barnes and had KD be the 10th man. I was just saying I would think it would be cool to see the 5 best players start, that would include George not Melo

Your post screams I'm a Melo hater. You still haven't stated why he won't play well...he played well in the first game and that's without a bunch of breakaway lay ups like your precious Paul George. I just don't get some of you. Wade came off the bench in 08, Melo in 12 but somehow Paul George, who's overrated, is way too great to come off the bench for the Olympic team. Melo is the 2nd/3rd best player on the team for Gods sake and an international basketball stud just cut the crap and cheer for your country and not Paul George.

Melo is the captain of this team, is still unstoppable in international ball, and will be starting... No question. BUT, I believe he would be even more dominant bringing that instant offense with the second unit. I think the starting unit has too many sensational scorers (kd, kyrie, klay, melo) that are not used to sharing the ball and making plays for others. This leads to some awkward posessions and lots of passed up opportunities. They are deffering to each other instead of attacking and playing their game.The starting 5 is missing a playmaker (like lebron). Even though it sounds crazy, i would sit melo or klay and start draymond or PG instead. I think this would make the team even more dominant throughout the game.
99 Knicks
Sophomore
And1: 78

Re: Starting Lineup for TeamUSA in Rio? 

Post#122 » by 99 Knicks » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:32 pm

bb22 wrote:
99 Knicks wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Uhm I don't recall anywhere in my post where I said starting Melo will maybe make the team lose. All I said was I think Paul George is a better player now. I get it we are going to win, we would still win if we started Barnes and had KD be the 10th man. I was just saying I would think it would be cool to see the 5 best players start, that would include George not Melo

Your post screams I'm a Melo hater. You still haven't stated why he won't play well...he played well in the first game and that's without a bunch of breakaway lay ups like your precious Paul George. I just don't get some of you. Wade came off the bench in 08, Melo in 12 but somehow Paul George, who's overrated, is way too great to come off the bench for the Olympic team. Melo is the 2nd/3rd best player on the team for Gods sake and an international basketball stud just cut the crap and cheer for your country and not Paul George.

Melo is the captain of this team, is still unstoppable in international ball, and will be starting... No question. BUT, I believe he would be even more dominant bringing that instant offense with the second unit. I think the starting unit has too many sensational scorers (kd, kyrie, klay, melo) that are not used to sharing the ball and making plays for others. This leads to some awkward posessions and lots of passed up opportunities. They are deffering to each other instead of attacking and playing their game.The starting 5 is missing a playmaker (like lebron). Even though it sounds crazy, i would sit melo or klay and start draymond or PG instead. I think this would make the team even more dominant throughout the game.

Team is really missing CP and LeBron they were the facilitators for the 08/12 teams but the solution can easily be for Kyrie to be more of a passer. Melo is also a better passer than George so it's not like he won't help move the ball.

Return to Olympics